Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi collector friends!

I just wanted to share this recent picture that I have found in Instagram. The photo has not been taken with the best light, but It seems realistic and allows us to see the final result of this Legolas 2.0. In my opinion the figure looks fantastic (despite some possible improvements mentioned before), so I'm going to get it.

I hope It helps you to decide! 😉

View attachment 537442
Thanks for posting. That's a great "natural light" example!

Okay I think all is well in the Asmus world now.
EECE1434-966E-4663-85A3-F388272464FC.png

Attachments

• D3B50A5E-5899-4521-844F-A8CF1F15E382.jpeg
    D3B50A5E-5899-4521-844F-A8CF1F15E382.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 21
Hi collector friends!

I just wanted to share this recent picture that I have found in Instagram. The photo has not been taken with the best light, but It seems realistic and allows us to see the final result of this Legolas 2.0. In my opinion the figure looks fantastic (despite some possible improvements mentioned before), so I'm going to get it.

I hope It helps you to decide! 😉

View attachment 537442
You truly are “elf-friend”, thank you for this.

From my point of view, this Legolas 2.0 looks fantastic. It has a good likeness, the paint application has been considerably improved (in Aragorn HD was a real shame), the rooted hair and the sculpted one have an acceptable similarity in terms of colour tone, and the accessories are great. Definitely I'm going to purchase the luxury edition, It will look perfect with my custom Aragorn.

Thank you very much for sharing It mate! 😄😄

I am hoping Asmus will deliver a Crown version of Legolas.
That’s probably a long way off. Years. They’ve had Crown Gandalf the White in development for what seems like a long time now, and I believe they once said they’d like to do Crown Saruman too. Crown Aragorn seems to be the most requested.

They don’t seem to do be able to do more than one of those Crown figures per year, so if they do those those you’re looking at 2025 at the earliest they would get to Legolas, and that’s if they even choose to do him.

I would definitely keep this version of Legolas as a placeholder if nothing else. It’s going to be a very long time before we see another figure of him in sixth scale form.

It was me, thanks for sharing! I am not keeping it as I am hoping Asmus will deliver a Crown version of Legolas.
Thanks for those photos. I think it looks pretty good but completely different from the prototype sculpt.

I do like how the molded and faux hair works together.

I can't justify replacing my original deluxe Legolas with this but if it goes on sale somewhere, I may bite.

That's why I think all companys should always provide in hand pictures with natural/shelf lighting @inyacher
Because at the end, that's the way we collectors will see our figures at home.
We've all seen enough examples in the past where blogger pictures just don't do a figure justice. Even from Hot Toys.

Back to the newest in hand pictures: I think the the production piece is a bit too soft. But it looks good. And the color of the sculpted hairs matches the color of the rooted hairs.
The headsculpt is not there with Hot Toys. But I'm not paying Hot Toys price here, either.

So it's a buy for me.

It was me, thanks for sharing! I am not keeping it as I am hoping Asmus will deliver a Crown version of Legolas.
That’s a shame man, I was looking forward to your review. It looks good from your pictures though.

Thanks for sharing those pictures. I think it looks a lot better in them. Still not 100% sure how I feel about the mixed hair but I guess I will see first hand when mine finally arrives. The colors look a lot closer to each other in these new pictures which helps with the blending of the plastic and rooted hair in my opinion.

That's why I think all companys should always provide in hand pictures with natural/shelf lighting @inyacher
Because at the end, that's the way we collectors will see our figures at home.
We've all seen enough examples in the past where blogger pictures just don't do a figure justice. Even from Hot Toys.

Back to the newest in hand pictures: I think the the production piece is a bit too soft. But it looks good. And the color of the sculpted hairs matches the color of the rooted hairs.
The headsculpt is not there with Hot Toys. But I'm not paying Hot Toys price here, either.

So it's a buy for me.
Thanks for your suggestion mate. I will try to discuss with team about adding this kind of photo after a official final product photos unboxing. Appreciated.

Thanks for those photos. I think it looks pretty good but completely different from the prototype sculpt.

I do like how the molded and faux hair works together.

I can't justify replacing my original deluxe Legolas with this but if it goes on sale somewhere, I may bite.
I really wanted to upgrade.. I also wanted that diorama base... I just don't feel it is necessary....yet. you are right maybe a sale.

A lot of people are going to beat themselves up for passing this up when it's no longer available. Though it's not the end of the world, I say if you don't have Legolas this is your best chance at getting him. Those who are satisfied with their V1 good for you save your money for future releases.

Back