Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have dealt with the hair color being off if the sculpt and paint was at least as good as the prototype.

Honestly getting tired of the production versions of the figures being so different from the prototype.

I sure hope Asmus is able to learn from all of the feedback they’re getting on this.
They should realize that goodwill only goes so far and eventually there’s a breaking point. They should definitely grow and learn from the negative feedback.

Just saw the pictures Asmus posted on Facebook, and he looks pretty great to me. It's a vast improvement over first version, and I'm sure he'll look even better in person.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 110
That does indeed look better. Somewhat concerning that the hair color only looks correct in dark lighting, but it does actually appear to match the rooted hair and look as it should here.

I mean, it's not like Asmus has a history of this or anything. I'm usually the first to say wait for better pictures...but this looked BAD in those first photos.

I really like the first sculpt they used. Hell they could have used the exact same sculpt and just did something different with the hair.

I’m one of your biggest fans Asmus and i’ve defended your product multiple times and even over looked things. Honestly this is really getting tiresome. I feel like you haven’t nailed Aragorn yet and this sculpt definitely doesn’t nail Legolas.

I definitely agree, I feel like everyone is improving from Threezero to even third party, and here we are loyal fans still defending them like they are the underdogs but in reality they've been doing this for years with seemingly little no improvement in some cases. I feel like if ToysEra does LOTR it would be better.

Saw the new pics. The hair is still yellow. The rooted hair has more of the correct coloring and it doesn't match the painted by a mile. removing the color saturation isn't going to sell me on this. Take him outside and let's see what it looks like.
3.jpg

Saw the new pics. The hair is still yellow. The rooted hair has more of the correct coloring and it doesn't match the painted by a mile. removing the color saturation isn't going to sell me on this. Take him outside and let's see what it looks like. View attachment 537151
Bingo. The hair is still Crayola Yellow and you can see that the rooted hair they have on the sculpt doesn't even match it in color but is instead matched to the prototype hair color.

What is there to praise them here for? The reactions to the first photos are still justified. Just look at the color difference here. There's 3 different colors happening on his hair. :cuckoo:

It's crazy to me that people here give Asmus such a free pass on every mistake that they make. Meanwhile Threezero is improving on every single one of their releases and they only charge $100-$200 for their figures. Collectors should be holding Asmus to a higher standard for their figures for the prices they're charging. It's absurd.

ZDO7oAx.png

Last edited:
Bingo. The hair is still Crayola Yellow and you can see that the rooted hair they have on the sculpt doesn't even match it in color but is instead matched to the prototype hair color.

What is there to praise them here for? The reactions to the first photos are still justified. Just look at the color difference here. There's 3 different colors happening on his hair. :cuckoo:

ZDO7oAx.png
My wife said that hairdresser call that brassy. Which apparently is not a good thing for hair. The color is off and it is obvious.

Imperfections aside, the comparison Wor posted really is night and day. And the profile on that picture from Asmus does look good; the first edition appears very dated in comparison. I think anyone trading up made the right choice, but I can understand why you'd prefer V1. I sold my first release before this was announced, got to keep the troll base, and more than funded this one; I'm happy with that outcome.

The first version sculpt is not bad, just the hair is in the way preventing it from moving, They could've used that sculpt with this new hair technique. I am still undecided if I want to get this or just stick with the first version. I'll probably wait for in hand reviews before pulling the trigger.

I still don’t like it, but why would they put out bad pictures? Especially when they’re the only thing we have to go on.
Yeah I’m not impressed as I was with the one at the sideshow con thing. It’s very odd that companies do that, even a lot of the hot toys release pictures suck. Surely if you spent a lot of time getting the figure as good as you can, why would you settle for bad pictures?
I’m still hopeful (a little less so now) but will wait until I see a video review.

It’s weird too that the single version got released before the deluxe. Typically you release the deluxe first. Maybe it’s the pictures, even the last pictures they keep on putting a hair light and I am sure that is not helping to an already Mis matched color of the hair. They really need a better photographer.

Back