ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't Asmus going to use the new Adam(?) body for this release? How is it?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Wasn't Asmus going to use the new Adam(?) body for this release? How is it?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

It seems good. I haven’t had a chance to put it through it’s paces but mine seems sturdy and the poses I have put him in look more “fluid” or “lifelike” then the old body.

mine arrived yesterday. am really impressed :) i used the second head for my art figures aragorn. :aragorn

gBIYLPc.jpg

L7sL1sB.jpg

Seeing these side by side, this new sculpt is much better than slim. I'm sure someone will experiment with rooting the hair - I want to see how THAT looks!

I finally got this set up last night. Really looks great set up. For some reason though it doesn't photograph well. About the only minor nitpick is the orc helmet is way too big. I know it's a free add on I just wish it was more in scale. I still want to mess with it a bit. The ties on the vest need weighed down somehow as they should hang but all in all a great set.C3A5DE9D-9665-4B11-A664-946F81BC0523.jpg

Aaaand it's sideways.

Last edited:
I finally got this set up last night. Really looks great set up. For some reason though it doesn't photograph well. About the only minor nitpick is the orc helmet is way too big. I know it's a free add on I just wish it was more in scale. I still want to mess with it a bit. The ties on the vest need weighed down somehow as they should hang but all in all a great set.View attachment 504235

Aaaand it's sideways.

Yeah it?s a great set. Glad you like yours.
On a side note, what the pic on the wall? Looks like a Kinkade.

Yeah it?s a great set. Glad you like yours.
On a side note, what the pic on the wall? Looks like a Kinkade.

Good eye. My wife loves Kinkaid and has several. They are not originals of course but fine prints you would get at stores like Kathies Christmas and what not. It's a shame he fell a bit from grace before he passed. I think it shocked a lot of people.

Good eye. My wife loves Kinkaid and has several. They are not originals of course but fine prints you would get at stores like Kathies Christmas and what not. It's a shame he fell a bit from grace before he passed. I think it shocked a lot of people.

Haha thanks. Fine prints are awesome.
I am a fan of his paintings, I like the use of light in painting and the nostalgia of them.
Yeah towards the end he went a bit off the rails.
Years ago I was in the Kinkade shop in the Florida mall and the original paints were so expensive haha

441fad51bae236b6a6db107618aaecf0.jpg

0415109d16e0219bcc27c7271ac9d8fd.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Pose and stand look great!

But surely I?m not the only who thinks the ACI sculpt is by far the worst likeness to Viggo, over any of the Asmus attempts?

I find it so strange when people swear by it... I know it?s a matter of opinion and Asmus haven?t quite yet blown us away with the perfect sculpt, but the ACI one... he always looks so simple and deranged, to put it politely [emoji23].

Pose and stand look great!

But surely I?m not the only who thinks the ACI sculpt is by far the worst likeness to Viggo, over any of the Asmus attempts?

I find it so strange when people swear by it... I know it?s a matter of opinion and Asmus haven?t quite yet blown us away with the perfect sculpt, but the ACI one... he always looks so simple and deranged, to put it politely [emoji23].
I'm not a fan of the ACI sculpt either. Had it and sold it after I got Asmus' version. No offense to those that like it, but it gives off a Towner Doll vibe to be. Viggo is rugged. Not a pretty boy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the ACI sculpt either. Had it and sold it after I got Asmus' version. No offense to those that like it, but it gives off a Towner Doll vibe to be. Viggo is rugged. Not a pretty boy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kind of reminds me what Aragorn would have looked like, had Stephen Baldwin been cast [emoji28]

d951e477ed257a7fbbbe62ab4fec3f6c.jpg

Back