ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty nice review on this set on youtube. I'm pretty sure Optical is a member here so I hope he doesn't mind me linking it. I think the set looks pretty damn good. Any concerns I head about the head sculpts are pretty much gone. Is it a perfect likeness? No, but it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Can't wait to see it in hand

Pretty nice review on this set on youtube. I'm pretty sure Optical is a member here so I hope he doesn't mind me linking it. I think the set looks pretty damn good. Any concerns I head about the head sculpts are pretty much gone. Is it a perfect likeness? No, but it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Can't wait to see it in hand

Not at all, thank you for sharing my video

Great job. I had already seen all the other reviews of yours.

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you I appreciate that, I am a huge lord of the rings fan and even though they are not perfect, I am glad asmus is giving us this figures.

Thank you I appreciate that, I am a huge lord of the rings fan and even though they are not perfect, I am glad asmus is giving us this figures.

thank you, this is a nice and fair review.
amazing job, and we will keep improving to aim for Jordan level~

thank you, this is a nice and fair review.
amazing job, and we will keep improving to aim for Jordan level~

Thank you, I know you guys do. The result might not be always there but us fans appreciate all that you do, communicating with us and getting our input is such a wonderful thing.

If anyone receives this new version and can post pics compared to original Aragorn (sculpted hair version) it would be appreciated. Trying to decide if its worth "upgrading" my old one. I did order the Crown Gandalf (third version for me, hoping third time is a charm, especially for the price!).

I got my Aragorn today! I am very impressed with the figure. The tailoring is really well done. The sword, knife and scabbard are all diecast. The chainmail looks like real metal even though its fabric. The chainmail appears to be a little longer on the one side, but doesn't matter. The sculpt isn't by all means a perfect match but its good.

Sharing these for Anskar because I think his account is too young to direct share images. :nana:

It's cool seeing this thing in person, I am also very impressed by the tailoring. This thing looks great, everything from the weathering to the chain-mail, all just magnificent. Better than what I was seeing of it online and makes me even more excited to get my Gandalf! Seeing a figure like this for under $200 continues to put Hot Toys increasing prices to shame. Say what you will about this Aragorn sculpt but it looks leagues better than that recent Mark 85 head sculpt Hot Toys tried to put out. :rotfl

PXL_20201231_031331818.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031310655.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031259137.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031214125.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031231476.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031241770.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031249094.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20201231_031054570.jpgPXL_20201231_031426704.jpgPXL_20201231_031445801.jpg

Great photos Anskar and excellent video review Optical. I think it turned out great overall. It's not a homerun and there are still improvements to be made for future Aragorn figures (Crown series Strider please!) but it looks great on the shelf from what I've seen here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sharing these for Anskar because I think his account is too young to direct share images. :nana:

It's cool seeing this thing in person, I am also very impressed by the tailoring. This thing looks great, everything from the weathering to the chain-mail, all just magnificent. Better than what I was seeing of it online and makes me even more excited to get my Gandalf! Seeing a figure like this for under $200 continues to put Hot Toys increasing prices to shame. Say what you will about this Aragorn sculpt but it looks leagues better than that recent Mark 85 head sculpt Hot Toys tried to put out. :rotfl

Thanks for sharing these - the figure looks fantastic in these pics! :yess:

The more I pose this figure the more I'm wanting to get more characters. Gimli and Gandalf will look awesome next to him.

Cant wait for mine to arrive, it may be a while since it just shipped the other day but it’s worth the wait. My fault for doubting Asmus, I should have paid for the remaining balance back on the 16th and it would have arrived already. Also can’t wait to see Galadriel, both Elven Warriors and maybe Crown GTG if he’s ready, all in January.

Thanks for sharing! I cannot wait for mine to arrive!

Mine shipped 12-24, and it arrived 12-29, amazing considering the time of year it is and that I selected the free shipping option. Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

Sorry for my ignorance but what's the deal with the 1/6 license for LotR? Is there a reason why someone like Hot Toys hasn't picked up the license?

I've just done my yearly Christmas LotR watch and thought I'd take a look what was out there. Never really looked before.

Back