ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I really wanted this,I've ended up canceling as im not feeling the headsculpt from the pics I've seen.
I was pretty excited too when the production pics came out,but since then,nope.
Have asked Asmus for a refund.

Just received my Aragorn and I really love it. I was pleased with the promotional pictures and the in hand product did not disappoint me. I guess at the end it?s a matter of personal taste, I didn?t like faramir when some of you did, I?m sure not everybody will love this face sculpt as much as I do but I find it really captures Aragorn in battle and it?s a stunning Viggo likeness. The battle face has a really good expression and bravo to asmus because it?s really hard to do. The standard face is just perfect to replace my older Aragorn?s head.
I also really like the details asmus put in this figure, like the wood texture on the handle of the knife. The vest is gorgeous, so is the belt. The sword is perfect apart of the golden line on the blade that I do not like but I will erase it. The chainmail is really impressive, even at close distance, and I don?t feel the need to change it for real chainmail. It?s way better than the one they used in n Eomer/Eowyn.
I?m also rather happy with the boots. I really didn?t like the ones on the slim version but I have to admit these ones are great. The articulation don?t show and allow a good posing possibility.
I will post more pictures with good posing and maybe rooted hair but out of the box it?s a stunning figure with a lot of personality and, most important for me, a very good headsculpt and great attention to detail, and that?s what I expect from Asmus.
I wish a great holidays to all of you and thank you asmus for this wonderful figure !
😃

IMG_02834.jpg

IMG_02844.jpg

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPGIMG_0295.jpg

Thanks for the great pics Nemo. Overall it looks like a really nice set. Sculpts are passable but I wish they were better. I hope they look better in hand.

Yes, for me at least they look even better in hand, but one say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I really like the sculpts, even more than the ACI one, but maybe you will not agree. For me they do the job very well.
:)

Yes, for me at least they look even better in hand, but one say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I really like the sculpts, even more than the ACI one, but maybe you will not agree. For me they do the job very well.

Oh crap, sorry I got your name wrong. The chain mail looks like it really works well as do the boots. Your last pic with the sculpts side by side look pretty good. Looks like a really nice set and I can't wait to get it.

Great pics Neko - thanks for posting those! :clap

Looks like a pretty good figure, will be nice to finally have an Aragorn in the collection. :yess:

i thought the head sculpts were noticeably different? These look the same don’t they?

I also thought they would be different but they're exactly the same, apart from the side glance and the blood.

Great photos Neko! There is definitely a lot to like with this figure and the chainmail looks great. I really like the weathering to the the trousers and scabbard too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the photos, think I’ll payoff the rest of the balance and hope to squeeze through shipping since Asmus said they would suspend shipping/be closed around Jan 1st. I think this figure is a lot better than Faramir and I am very excited to finally have an Aragorn in 1/6. Hopefully can recoup in time for January since Galadriel and Elven Warrior/Archer are supposed to release then.

thank you for the photos Neko,
we are also happy with the figure.
and it is even more pleasing to hear you like it too

thank you for the photos Neko,
we are also happy with the figure.
and it is even more pleasing to hear you like it too

Hey Asmus! I just paid the remaining balance on order number #2020072562872. I didn’t see any options for faster shipping to USA. Can you please see if the order can be shipped before you guys stop shipping beginning of January?

Thanks!

Just received my Aragorn and I really love it. I was pleased with the promotional pictures and the in hand product did not disappoint me. I guess at the end it?s a matter of personal taste, I didn?t like faramir when some of you did, I?m sure not everybody will love this face sculpt as much as I do but I find it really captures Aragorn in battle and it?s a stunning Viggo likeness. The battle face has a really good expression and bravo to asmus because it?s really hard to do. The standard face is just perfect to replace my older Aragorn?s head.
I also really like the details asmus put in this figure, like the wood texture on the handle of the knife. The vest is gorgeous, so is the belt. The sword is perfect apart of the golden line on the blade that I do not like but I will erase it. The chainmail is really impressive, even at close distance, and I don?t feel the need to change it for real chainmail. It?s way better than the one they used in n Eomer/Eowyn.
I?m also rather happy with the boots. I really didn?t like the ones on the slim version but I have to admit these ones are great. The articulation don?t show and allow a good posing possibility.
I will post more pictures with good posing and maybe rooted hair but out of the box it?s a stunning figure with a lot of personality and, most important for me, a very good headsculpt and great attention to detail, and that?s what I expect from Asmus.
I wish a great holidays to all of you and thank you asmus for this wonderful figure !
��

Can't express how grateful I am for your detailed feedback and pictures. I've been holding back my payment, unsure if I'd be comfortable splurging $$$ for the deluxe version given the praise/disdain the sculpts have been receiving. Your feedback has really helped me!

In my opinion, the sculpt is quite nice - it's the sculpted hair that is a downer for me as I prefer rooted which I can style later. I believe this sculpt will look amazing if I can get a professional to root hair on mine. It'll be bloody expensive, but totally worth it IMO as it's Aragorn.

Thanks for showing the ankle articulation, Asmus did great there. And the tailoring looks top notch.

Cheers Neko!

Thank you for the pics, Neko! I've been on the fence but after those I think I'm swayed. I'll probably try my hand at rooting him myself, since I also think he'll look fantastic with rooted hair.

Back