Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooo the grey head sculpt we’ve been asking for forever will go up when?
I hope it will not come up as unexpectedly, as I do not want to miss it. Hope for some upgrade, considering the Inart version, Asmus sculpt can be improved a bit. Mustaches are the easiest - they are perfect on the White sculpt. I like the original sculpt, it is that the eyes are of a weird color and sit too deep.

Ha, so this sold out 8 hours before I even knew it was available. Sounds familiar…

It wouldn’t be Asmus’ Gandalf The White without a sell-out-scandal.

Luckily, I don’t need it. However, I’d really like the Boromir upgrade kit to also come with his sword, scabbard and belt so I don’t need a whole figure to make the Osgiliath version.

I didn't even know asmus was planning on releasing just the head of GTW I knew they spoke about it for gtg which we have yet to see, but I too can imagine alot of disappointed people if they miss out on an upgrade.

Maybe they should have a closing date to order things by and then they know how many to make that way everyone gets one and asmus arnt making stock to just sit around.
1O9A2167a_540x.jpg

Happy New Year everyone.

We only had a few up in stock for testing, but they were sold before we can close it.
Anyway, yes, we will restock more, the intetion is to help upgrading our old release.

GtG's head was called of because the new GtW head is sinificantly better, and we will try to root the new GtW head in GtW hair for testing,
and see if it would work.

Happy New Year everyone.

We only had a few up in stock for testing, but they were sold before we can close it.
Anyway, yes, we will restock more, the intetion is to help upgrading our old release.

GtG's head was called of because the new GtW head is sinificantly better, and we will try to root the new GtW head in GtW hair for testing,
Thank you for the update @Asmus

i think that's a great call considering how much folks love the new GtW sculpt and hair application over the original crown GtW.

Happy New Year everyone.

I would totally buy GtG with the newer sculpt.

Happy New Year everyone.

Happy New Year!

Thank you for all the fan service you are doing. IÄm glad we are getting more heads.

Happy New Year everyone.

Thank you, Asmus. I can't wait to update the original release.

So question, and bear in mind I have this preordered so I'm not trying to take the piss out of anyone here.

In seeing InArt's Aragorn, do you feel like this release will be remotely displayable alongside them? Or does the potential of a GTW by them make you want to hold out moving forward?

I merely ask because at this point, crossing the streams on a shelf isn't going to look good for the vast majority of existing figures, with the potential exception of this GTW.

I haven't seen either in hand yet, but assuming that Aragorn figure turns out like the proto, I feel like this one is definitely closest to that level of quality. My guess would be that they'd display just fine together.

I've got them both ordered, so that's my plan, anyway.

What a pathetic joke. I just checked my emails and apparently the Gandalf the White head sculpt became available again at 3:30 AM in the morning, my time. Needless to say, it has sold out again. This is getting tiring.

Happy New Year everyone.

@Asmus I sent you PM on Dec 28, 2022. Can you check if you can solve it?

Back