Best Asmus Middle Earth 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main difference is the clothing is dirtied up on the ?slim?. There are also some subtle differences in the paint apps on the faces, the clothing hues, and the body on the original release is flesh toned, whereas with the ?slim? it?s a more ghastly white. Admittedly, not much of the body shows given the layers of costume.

Got it! Thanks!

Just unboxed Gimli and he has easily taken the top spot! My small collection consists of
Arwen
Theoden
Eomer
Legolas (Luxury)
Elrond
Boromir (Rooted)
Frodo (Slim)
Saruman
Mouth of Sauron (Slim)
Bilbo
Thorin

And now Gimli at number one.

Just unboxed Gimli and he has easily taken the top spot! My small collection consists of
Arwen
Theoden
Eomer
Legolas (Luxury)
Elrond
Boromir (Rooted)
Frodo (Slim)
Saruman
Mouth of Sauron (Slim)
Bilbo
Thorin

And now Gimli at number one.

Yep, Gimli still is my favorite, right out of the box. I haven't taken out the Nazgul on Steed yet, as I have no place to display it. I'm sure it will complete for that place on the podium. Wor-Gar is right. with some updates/upgrades (in particular the chain mail on the steed), it looks amazing.

That's a lot of money in a short period of time. Congratulations.

You need Nazgul on Steed. With a little work, it is a glorious display.

Truth be told I happened to fall COMPLETELY out of love with another major genre franchise last December and had amassed a significant Hot Toys collection dedicated to it.
I put them all back in their boxes so I could dedicate the shelf space to figures that were bringing me more joy.
My disappointment with the other thing reminded me of the joy of seeing a perfectly made piece of cinema married to sci fi fantasy filmmaking that I had experienced with LOTR and I revisited it and fell in love with it all over again.
I decided to sell most of my Hot Toys figures that were dedicated to that franchise and fill some of that space with these amazing Asmsus figures.

Truth be told I happened to fall COMPLETELY out of love with another major genre franchise last December and had amassed a significant Hot Toys collection dedicated to it.
I put them all back in their boxes so I could dedicate the shelf space to figures that were bringing me more joy.
My disappointment with the other thing reminded me of the joy of seeing a perfectly made piece of cinema married to sci fi fantasy filmmaking that I had experienced with LOTR and I revisited it and fell in love with it all over again.
I decided to sell most of my Hot Toys figures that were dedicated to that franchise and fill some of that space with these amazing Asmsus figures.

I'm feeling that way with Marvel atm...my interest in it seems to be diminishing somewhat - been watching the LOTR/Hobbit films a lot recently too so I think I have gone full circle and returned to my original Middle Earth obsession!

Going forward have decided I'll be making the Asmus LOTR line my main collection focus and so haven't ruled out offloading some of my other collections to fund it. :)

I'm feeling that way with Marvel atm...my interest in it seems to be diminishing somewhat - been watching the LOTR/Hobbit films a lot recently too so I think I have gone full circle and returned to my original Middle Earth obsession!

Going forward have decided I'll be making the Asmus LOTR line my main collection focus and so haven't ruled out offloading some of my other collections to fund it. :)

Put a period more or less on my MCU collection by IW - Might pick up End Game/Avengers Cap. I appreciate my own loose movie groups - with Cap's entire arc the main theme - but like with Doctor Strange I stopped at DS #1.

Never say never and something may come out of the series - I have a weak spot for Scarlet Witch among others - but for now am pretty well done with Marvel.
(Which would be good as obsessed with Mandalorian:cool:).

Meanwhile thanks to ASMUS's dedication to quality:clap their figs are pretty irresistible. And they aren't at retail forever, at lease thru regular U.S. sellers. I just got Theoden in and nearly waited too long; but just hadn't had the funds.:monkey2

But he was sold out pretty much everywhere except Amazon. I could probably go through ASMUS, but am wary of shipments from overseas these days - UPS isn't even getting Sideshow stuff to me on time or bothering to update their tracking. Shipping seems so messed up right now, tho Amazon seems to get stuff through, most of the time.

Seems like if you can get ASMUS figs at retail, or less, be happy. Aftermarket prices are often ghastly.:horror

Back