Best Asmus Middle Earth 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get my hands on Thranduil to display with Thorin too. Sadly it seems that he is practically impossible to find at what I would consider to be a reasonable price point...as in under $300USD...yikes!

Don't go after it,
we will have a new Thranduil in very shortly

Don't go after it,

Fantastic news!! :rock I could do with a few more Hobbit characters and as Thranduil was one of the better characters in the films, I may just have to pick one up then!! Thanks Asmus!! :)

Don't go after it,

Excellent! I just got Thorin and he’s absolutely great, can’t wait for Bilbo to get here and I really want Thranduil in my collection so he will be a preorder day one purchase just like Elrond and Galadriel were.

I went from zero interest in the hobbit line to now wanting Thorin/Bilbo to go with a new Thranduil. Thanks everyone! Lol

Biggest issue for me at this point is storing these boxes. Getting into the hobbit hole line from Weta doesn?t help my box situation either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from zero interest in the hobbit line to now wanting Thorin/Bilbo to go with a new Thranduil. Thanks everyone! Lol

Biggest issue for me at this point is storing these boxes. Getting into the hobbit hole line from Weta doesn?t help my box situation either.

How about a high shelf along the wall and displaying the boxes, which have some lovely art? IMO if u have no plans to sell, perhaps just get rid of the trays and flatten boxes, put in trash bag or other to keep dust off, and store flat. Accessories can be bagged and labeled.

I keep thinking of doing that, as can't imagine selling my Middle Earth stuff. They are lifetime pieces. Right now I have a closet stacked with HT and ASMUS boxes.:horror

Meanwhile - a new Thranduil!!!!!!:panic::panic::panic: If ASMUS does Thranduil-on-Throne I will pass out.....:lol

That just means they need to do Thorin in his last battle outfit to be fair....maybe with a bit of blood on the sculpt and Dwalin too or Dain...:monkey3:cool:

I would love to get my hands on Thranduil to display with Thorin too. Sadly it seems that he is practically impossible to find at what I would consider to be a reasonable price point...as in under $300USD...yikes!

Yeah, noticed once ASMUS figs are sold out, the price seems to go through the roof. Weirdly they show up on Amazon at times, at retail; but then even there the price climbs. I picked up a *cheap* loose Eomer a while back - missing parts - but I would like to get his sword. Saw just the sword and scabbard listed for $70:pfft:! For that kind of money I would just buy another new!

Same here, they are becoming a big problem for me too. I do wonder sometimes about just throwing them all away...or just taking out the plastic trays and collapsing them, don't know if I'd ever have the nerve to do it though!! :lol

Don't go after it,

Independently from the Thranduil great news (I hope him to be a Throne version as well), this is why I love ASMUS over the rest of the companies: who else in the 1/6 scale market would protect us from scalpers this way? This is what I meant in some other post: there is no contradiction in wanting to make money and treating collectors with care and dedication...

Oh, god. The Box Problem.

The collector's nightmare.

Our house is super small, so we rent a unit in a self-storage facility for $300 bucks a month. It's at least a third filled with my empty boxes! So even when I'm not buying anything, I'm still paying for this hobby!

:banghead

Sassafras, Displaying them is something to look into. Although I fear the dust lol and I keep the brown shippers..

Storage facility is a great idea too Bucky. Especially living here in NYC. Space is so limited.

Baggins, I thought about destroying them too but I can?t lol. Wish these boxes were just smaller. Like the toy biz 12? lotr figures from back in the day. Basically half the width of the typical modern box.

Sassafras, Displaying them is something to look into. Although I fear the dust lol and I keep the brown shippers..

Storage facility is a great idea too Bucky. Especially living here in NYC. Space is so limited.

Baggins, I thought about destroying them too but I can?t lol. Wish these boxes were just smaller. Like the toy biz 12? lotr figures from back in the day. Basically half the width of the typical modern box.

One of the things I actually appreciate about ThreeZero figures. Sure, they may have issues with likenesses sometimes and they're not the best at sticking to release schedules ... but their boxes are nice and small.

One of the things I actually appreciate about ThreeZero figures. Sure, they may have issues with likenesses sometimes and they're not the best at sticking to release schedules ... but their boxes are nice and small.

Interesting. I don?t own anything by ThreeZero but going forward it would be nice if more companies took that approach.

I imagine it would be quite liberating :lol...but then I think what if we move house, if I ever need to sell etc. Really wish the companies would look into smaller boxes for 1/6 scale figures.

:exactly: This!! I like the ThreeZero boxes too...take up much less space!

The boxes take up even less space in the trash. I save some of the artwork, but trashing them is very liberating.

Hafta have a long time go think about it - really about the HTs. Hot Toys churned out great figs but re my MCU stuff if there is no movie hype, would the figs be worth much? They were never made to last forever. So why keep the boxes?

Middle Earth I think is more timeless. i have no doubt LOTR and the Hobbit will be remade years down road.

Oh, god. The Box Problem.

The collector's nightmare.

Our house is super small, so we rent a unit in a self-storage facility for $300 bucks a month. It's at least a third filled with my empty boxes! So even when I'm not buying anything, I'm still paying for this hobby!

:banghead

My friend, if you can somehow eliminate that expense, do it. The sooner, the better. About 20 years ago I rented a storage unit for several years and after finally leaving it, I found out that i could have purchased what was stored several times over with the money that had been spent. Rather than store the empty boxes, toss them or even sell them on Ebay and at least move to a smaller and cheaper unit.

Same here, they are becoming a big problem for me too. I do wonder sometimes about just throwing them all away...or just taking out the plastic trays and collapsing them, don't know if I'd ever have the nerve to do it though!! :lol

What about storing them in an attic or loft storage space in the garage (if options are available?) or store them on a bookshelf ?
Collapsing them may be easiest way.

I think if you?re displaying it and not purchasing them only for resell, you can lose a few inserts - worst case is there?s no plastic insert but the box with the artwork is still present if you do sell it later on.

Back