Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited to have GtG on the way and will be first in line for GtW when he gets announced.

I'd love the option of Shadowfax, but agree that most people would prefer just main man!

I probably shouldn't mention the Viper Custom of Gandalf the White but, what do you guys think will be similar and what will be better/worse with Asmus' take?

002.jpg

I doubt they’ll top Viper’s. We’ll have to wait for GTG to fully gauge the difference in quality between Crown and regular releases. Rooted hair is obviously the biggy but I’m interested to see what tailoring and costume upgrades he has and if the belts and buckles are made of better materials.

Honestly, looking at that unlicensed custom ... and then looking at pics of the Crown Gandalf the Grey ... I'm actually convinced Asmus could put out a figure just as nice if not better.

If the GtG production figures wind up looking as good as the proto -- and I know, that's a big IF -- but if they do, GtW might actually be a little less work for them. The beard might be the trickiest part, but Asmus' costume work is certainly up to that level these days. And their portrait work has improved by leaps and bounds since the early days.

Call me optimistic.

It was worth every penny!!!
I sold 3 Hot Toys to finance it
Best piece in my collection together with my custom Aragorn and Asmus Gimli

Excited to have GtG on the way and will be first in line for GtW when he gets announced.

I'd love the option of Shadowfax, but agree that most people would prefer just main man!

I probably shouldn't mention the Viper Custom of Gandalf the White but, what do you guys think will be similar and what will be better/worse with Asmus' take?

002.jpg

What Gandalf is this?

It?s gorgeous and the box it came in was gorgeous. It?s a super high end figure and the price right now is like 1500. Way to over priced, especially since asmus will be releasing one soon for a fraction of that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m impatiently waiting for the crown line GTW to finally be released. I think it will be just as high quality !

This other figure really is gorgeous, and while I think it would have amazing shelf presence, I’d rather support asmus.

Oh yea I?d much rather support asmus all the way!!

Every purchase is one step closer to....

Gil-Galad the Last High King!

Hopefully..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back