Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel like the figure looks really off in this photo. Think I'll wait for more in-hand photos before doing anything. No real rush to get this.

Thought it was the case with those initial photos they showed way back but he still looks too tan now.

ZOEKELi.png

Last edited:
Ok I gotta say this looks pretty damn good, and much better than it did in that Sideshow preview. It's not a version of the character I care nearly as much about, but it's still freakin Ian McKellen as Gandalf so it would still be an awesome one to have anyway.

But man, $380 +$56 shipping is quite a lot to swallow...

Ok I gotta say this looks pretty damn good, and much better than it did in that Sideshow preview. It's not a version of the character I care nearly as much about, but it's still freakin Ian McKellen as Gandalf so it would still be an awesome one to have anyway.

But…it comes with Shadowfax. You should have expected to pay double just for the lord of all horses.

Please let me know if anyone is buying the set who doesn't want Shadowfax? I'd very happily purchase a shadow fax on its own (I'm based in the UK).

It looks pretty good, but for me the wrong colour skirt really throws it off (the beige is really noticeable on an all white/cream figure like this). It almost looks like Asmus used the colour of the reverse side of the skirt instead.
There's also something a little off about the top shirt (like it doesn't look like a tight fit on the body?) but this is likely just the way that the figure is arranged and posed.

I already own the Viper GTW so I will pass on this one but Asmus has done a superb job, it's gorgeous. And Shadowfax is a super cool addition to the pack !
:)

Feel like the figure looks really off in this photo. Think I'll wait for more in-hand photos before doing anything. No real rush to get this.

Thought it was the case with those initial photos they showed way back but he still looks too tan now.

ZOEKELi.png
I will admit this shot gives me concern. Not sure what’s going on with it. Dark magic? Bad pipe weed? Camera setting? Hope it’s a fluke

Decent 1/6 of horses cost up to 150 USD so the price is actually great. I would purchase this even if it cost 500 USD (without shipping). Keep in mind InArt Gandalf is over 500 USD and it does not come with a horse, and even then about 5000 units were preordered.

Also, FedEx shipping is VERY expensive so maybe wait for resellers to list the figure and purchase there?

IMO we should praise Asmus for such an awesome release. No other company will give LOTR 1/6 figures so much love as Asmus do. Yes, I am going to get all InArt LOTR figures as well but we all know they will never make less popular characters like Eowyn, Theodén, Arwen, Faramir, etc. If Hot Toys had a LOTR license, we would probably see Aragorn and Legolas and that's it.

Last edited:
I don’t think the criticism has to due with Asmus’ pricing. I believe every post I have read on here has agreed that it’s a great deal for what you are getting. I think some of us are just voicing the painful reality of paying $400 plus for a figure. Spending $400 on a great deal is still spending $400. It definitely made me hesitate for a little bit before ordering.

That is great advice on waiting to see what resellers list it as and what shipping options they have. Also if you have reward points saved up you could use them to help lessen the pain as well.

Back