Ani-Com HK 2013 SURPRISE? (the Crow?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think The Crow should probably have rooted hair, but maybe that's just me. The waves and style of it would benefit from being rooted if done just right.

I'm with you on that, but HT hasn't impressed me with their recent efforts at rooted hair. EB's Rambo with sculpted hair turned out great and that was an even larger scale than what this will be.

Indeed. Also even if it went up for preorder, delays and such could mean we won't see in hand pics for ages.

Well this could still go through the usual HT delays, but what I'm saying is that at least they skipped the lame posters and went straight to the protos we're seeing on AniCom, unlike Batman Returns, Terminator 1/4, and such.

Ooops I forgot to quote Snake Doc too.

To be fair, Terminator 1/4 was teased only because EB announced the BD T-800. Either Hot Toys wasn't previously planning on making one or they were but decided to tease it earlier.

To be fair, Terminator 1/4 was teased only because EB announced the BD T-800. Either Hot Toys wasn't previously planning on making one or they were but decided to tease it earlier.

I see. Surely they didn't make the poster for 1/4 Predators because NECA's doing more, though?

Only thing that could top this for me would be Neo or McClane.

Crap, forgot about Neo. Okay: this, Gears of War, and Matrix. I'd be done with collecting if these licenses happened.

I see. Surely they didn't make the poster for 1/4 Predators because NECA's doing more, though?

Maybe. But it wasn't a direct response to NECA, HT was planning to get into 1/4 one time or another and Predators sell well (plus they'd run out of characters so all they had left were remakes). Their Termie announcement on the other hand was made on the same day as the EB one, and they took turns announcing two or three new products each that day. April 3rd, 2012... Judgment Day for figure collectors.

True, but it might not become available to order for another 12 months.

A surprise appearance by this enigmatic character is coming to this year’s Ani-Com Hong Kong and will be available for pre-order there! Stay tuned on our Facebook Page to see what else is coming to the event.

Sounds to me like it will be available for Pre Order at the Con. :dunno

...which means it should go up for PO on Sideshow's site in the next few weeks. Couple months, tops.

No rooted hair ...dear lord, what are you people thinking!?
Rooted hair is very hard to pull off and we've really only seen it work with female actresses with long straight hair. Have we ever seen anyone pull off shoulder length, heavily knotted/matted greasy hair like Brandon Lee had in The Crow ?

And threads where people discuss their dolls with rooted hair can start to sound creepy really fast.

"It wasn't right out of the box, but I gently bathed the hair, put some product in, spent some time brushing it, styled it and it looks much better now don't you all think? If I do this a few more times over the next few weeks it should keep it looking right"

We just don't need a thread where grown men are discussing how to bathe their Brandon Lee dolls :D

Hot Toys can have my wallet! The Crow has been one of my favourite films since I was 16! Don't care how much this costs, I'm having it!

In fact, I'm going to go and stick the DVD on now. "Victims, aren't we all?!"

Sort of surprised to see a figure from The Crow being made. Nothing I'm very interested in but glad for people who want it.

That sounds about right. Usually around 7pm-ish on the West Coast, so we'll know later this evening. Can't wait!

No, sadly, you'll have to wait another day, as the Con doesn't start until Friday. They're 12 hours ahead of us, but they're 15 hours ahead of you guys.

Last edited:
No rooted hair ...dear lord, what are you people thinking!?
Rooted hair is very hard to pull off and we've really only seen it work with female actresses with long straight hair. Have we ever seen anyone pull off shoulder length, heavily knotted/matted greasy hair like Brandon Lee had in The Crow ?

And threads where people discuss their dolls with rooted hair can start to sound creepy really fast.

"It wasn't right out of the box, but I gently bathed the hair, put some product in, spent some time brushing it, styled it and it looks much better now don't you all think? If I do this a few more times over the next few weeks it should keep it looking right"

We just don't need a thread where grown men are discussing how to bathe their Brandon Lee dolls :D

I'm not an insecure teenager so I don't worry about how people online think of me when I discuss treatment for rooted hair on high end figures :dunno

I also don't mind a bit of management of the end result is all the more realistic and well done. Already spending two hundred on a figure. Might as well go all out.

No, sadly, you'll have to wait another day, as the Con doesn't start until Friday. They're a day ahead of us, but they're 27 hours ahead of you guys.

Well, crap. Eh, at least we're getting the Crow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back