Ani-Com HK 2013 SURPRISE? (the Crow?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lecture:lecture:lecture

This and Gears of War are my dream licenses.

As far as Draven goes, the market is definitely there since there really aren't any pieces on the same level as what HT could accomplish. It always made sense to me that they should make it, but I got used to the idea of it never happening for some reason. Ahh, those days are over. :D

:exactly:

So happy right now!

:lecture:lecture:lecture

This and Gears of War are my dream licenses.

As far as Draven goes, the market is definitely there since there really aren't any pieces on the same level as what HT could accomplish. It always made sense to me that they should make it, but I got used to the idea of it never happening for some reason. Ahh, those days are over. :D

I think the best part (if it truly is Draven) is that it just came out of no where...no sneak peaks or teasers for months on end, no cryptic messages that happened so long ago that we've given up hope, or forgotten about them...just this one pic with a quick turn-around reveal.

This is probably the first license that I've been this excited for since Terminator 2
Can Not Wait.

I think it might be Snake Plissken.
I thought he was dead.
SNAKE LIVES!

500full.jpg

I think the best part (if it truly is Draven) is that it just came out of no where...no sneak peaks or teasers for months on end, no cryptic messages that happened so long ago that we've given up hope, or forgotten about them...just this one pic with a quick turn-around reveal.

Yep. Although could it really have happened any other way? I feel like we already got most of the work done for them with all the wishlist threads. By now, it had to be an instant reveal.

This is probably the first license that I've been this excited for since Terminator 2
Can Not Wait.

Yep. Although could it really have happened any other way? I feel like we already got most of the work done for them with all the wishlist threads. By now, it had to be an instant reveal.

:exactly: True. If it is indeed Crow, I appreciate that HT pulled this off like a rabbit out of a hat. No lame teasers that would only mean "you'll see the protos in about 18 months, and then the final product in just about as long".

Is it tomorrow night yet? I'm not particularly excited about The Crow, but I am very curious to see what he looks like, and I'm pretty sure we should start getting coverage at about 10 PM-1 AM EST tomorrow.

That sounds about right. Usually around 7pm-ish on the West Coast, so we'll know later this evening. Can't wait!

Re: Ani-Com HK 2013 SURPRISE?

Nicholson Joker was/is overrated too.

Everything Joker related is overrated.

I hate the word overrated and underrated.

At least TDK was a good movie though. I remember trying to watch Batman 89 a few years back and realizing how terrible of a film it actually is. It's so dated it doesn't hold up well at all. All it has is the Burton designs but aside from that it has bad humor, cheesy acting, and an uninteresting story. Joker was great, but he can't save the movie by himself. Batman is only in so much of it. Returns was bad too. They have strong actors but they can only do so much to save a movie. Reminds me of Gangs of New York. As amazing as the villain was, everyone else was terrible and every scene without him was boring thus creating an underwhelming movie.

The Crow on the other hand I enjoyed a lot. Would love to finally get a figure of it.

:goodpost:

None of that (not) "Coming Soon" bullcrap that gets people anticiapting for nothing

I think The Crow should probably have rooted hair, but maybe that's just me. The waves and style of it would benefit from being rooted if done just right.

Hopefully one day we will get a Snake figure. A great character from an amazing movie. Unfortunately Hot Toys really isn't into this realm of films. They just tackle the overrated super popular stuff that sells a bunch because they know it works. They used to grab a few licenses for the cult followings, but not really anymore.

It's just stuff like Terminator, Robocop, Predator, Iron Man, etc.. I'm so ****ing tired of it too because every company, including Japanese ones (Figma Marvel and Robocob? Even blasted Bandai is doing DC and Marvel now) are doing these same boring licenses. I guess it's because they all have fanbases like the Bruce Lee fans, who will just keep buying the same thing over and over again looking for the most minute differences. I still don't get why someone would buy more than one Iron Man Hot Toys.

:exactly: True. If it is indeed Crow, I appreciate that HT pulled this off like a rabbit out of a hat. No lame teasers that would only mean "you'll see the protos in about 18 months, and then the final product in just about as long".

Don't speak too soon. This could still be the lame teaser that you'll see the proto in about 18-months.

SnakeDoc

Don't speak too soon. This could still be the lame teaser that you'll see the proto in about 18-months.

SnakeDoc

Indeed. Also even if it went up for preorder, delays and such could mean we won't see in hand pics for ages.

Re: Ani-Com HK 2013 SURPRISE?

It was a real low budget gem IMO. Sure it's rough around the corners, but Lee was fantastic, the music...and one obvious source of inspiration for Ledger's Joker. Watch it with TDK in mind and you will be surprised just how much they borrowed/homaged.
...anyway, that was far too civilised an answer. you said bad things about a movie I love...so....

:fart:thwak

There's cheesy parts and bad acting/dialogue in most all classic movies people have a boner for around here.

The Terminator
All the Star Wars movies
Highlander ( Christopher Lambert. Really?!)
All the Predator movies
Aliens
Superman
Batman.

The list goes on.

Edit:

Oh, and EFNY. Don't want to forget that one. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Please I hopes its the crow. Then I can stop my collection. After I get rocop and ed 209. Oh wait .... after mos figures.....and whiplash 2 .......and the avp predators.....
I think thats it....wait .....after I get igor ironman. Oh man who am I kidding. Im never gona stop. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back