Anakin vs. Obi-Wan Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty sweet... too bad its out of my price range. But if Dooku/Yoda turnes out great it may cause me to go back and get this one too.

I miss your Toy Story, Woody avatar. Just remember, it may be a pirates life for you...but,

"You are a toooooy."

:D

Mine is enroute! I have a question though. What are the dimensions of this piece? I need to have a custom acrylic case made. The Sideshow website says 14 x 14 x 13. I just want to be sure that is correct before I order!

Last edited:
I think it is bigger than that to tell you the truth. I will try and take some measurements but I would hold off until you have it in hand before ordering.

Mine is enroute! I have a question though. What are the dimensions of this piece? I need to have a custom acrylic case made. The Sideshow website says 14 x 14 x 13. I just want to be sure that is correct before I order!

I just took some quick measurements of mine, and it occuppies roughly a space of 16 x 16 x 16 inches.

does mine count?
mypics002.jpg

mypics009.jpg

mypics011.jpg

mypics010.jpg

mypics012.jpg

mypics013.jpg

Looks nice with those figures Venakin, but even on a smaller scale, the quality Sideshow did with this dio is just amazing. I have mine setup next to my computer screen at work now and when I need a mental break from work, I look over, and see Obi-Wan glaring down at his former student and it looks just like Ewan McGreggor shrunken down, it's just a fantastic piece.

It really is AMAZING! The detail Trevor was able to get into it is just mind boggling. It really ranks as one of the best pieces I've ever owned.

It really is AMAZING! The detail Trevor was able to get into it is just mind boggling. It really ranks as one of the best pieces I've ever owned.

Good news (for me anyway)-- My wife bought me the Obi-Anakin dio for Christmas (I know because I lugged the box upstairs). I won't get to see it until Dec. 25th but at least I got one. Can't wait to open it up and display it in my office... right next to the faux bronze Dooku vs. Yoda:D.

I just rescued mine from the customs -- who opened the styrofoam, but thankfully didn't break anything, perish the thought -- and it now hold the official title of THE MOST IMPRESSIVE COLLECTIBLE IN SERETUR'S HOUSE, bar none.

It has also prompted me to write the following rant (originally at S&F):

Total home run here.

And yes, the thing is pricey. (Especially since this was the last SS item I got charged the EU VAT for, which in turn raised the local charges -- all in all, an increase of some $80.) But it's worth every penny.

It's also humungously heavy. It's the heaviest piece of polystone I own -- heavier than Treebeard, heavier than the Stone Trolls. Muy pesado!

But the two things I'm head over heels with are the overall composition -- which is incredibly dynamic and a joy to look at; it has all the curves and focal points that characterise the best sculptural art, and that in itself elevates it immensely from most licence-based sculptures. Trevor's character work goes hand in hand with the platform and the lava, and both characters are captured in iconic poses that ably present the imbalance of the Force at that point in the saga.

The second thing is the coloring. I've been afraid that the proto paintjob just couldn't be reproduced in the production pieces, but I was dead wrong. Everything is spot on and detailed to the gills, with no smudges or sloppy bits. There is grime everywhere, from the robes to the much-battered platform. Every splash of lava is lovingly shaded. And yet the overall effect is one of harmony, as the colors have been chosen with great care.

Everything about this sculpt is just right. I want to give a big bear hug to everyone involved in its making and production.

(See? Not only the lovely ladies of Sideshow deserve the lurve.)

Nice review Vlad....thank-you.

I may have to reconsider this one. I have been wanting to get into a SW line for awhile now...

Nice review Vlad....thank-you.

I may have to reconsider this one. I have been wanting to get into a SW line for awhile now...

This is a great way to start. I've been impressed with the photos of the other dios, but this is THE one thus far, it has great design, execution, and representation. It's not just some quiet snapshot of a scene, it's an involving, emotional piece and when you look at it you can hear Obi-Wan and Anakin's dialogue with Battle of the Heroes faintly in the back, it's just awesome.

yea, thats what I have been thinking. I love all the pictures I have seen of it. It looks really good. Maybe after the holidays...

I just rescued mine from the customs -- who opened the styrofoam, but thankfully didn't break anything, perish the thought -- and it now hold the official title of THE MOST IMPRESSIVE COLLECTIBLE IN SERETUR'S HOUSE, bar none.

It has also prompted me to write the following rant (originally at S&F):

Total home run here.

And yes, the thing is pricey. (Especially since this was the last SS item I got charged the EU VAT for, which in turn raised the local charges -- all in all, an increase of some $80.) But it's worth every penny.

It's also humungously heavy. It's the heaviest piece of polystone I own -- heavier than Treebeard, heavier than the Stone Trolls. Muy pesado!

But the two things I'm head over heels with are the overall composition -- which is incredibly dynamic and a joy to look at; it has all the curves and focal points that characterise the best sculptural art, and that in itself elevates it immensely from most licence-based sculptures. Trevor's character work goes hand in hand with the platform and the lava, and both characters are captured in iconic poses that ably present the imbalance of the Force at that point in the saga.

The second thing is the coloring. I've been afraid that the proto paintjob just couldn't be reproduced in the production pieces, but I was dead wrong. Everything is spot on and detailed to the gills, with no smudges or sloppy bits. There is grime everywhere, from the robes to the much-battered platform. Every splash of lava is lovingly shaded. And yet the overall effect is one of harmony, as the colors have been chosen with great care.

Everything about this sculpt is just right. I want to give a big bear hug to everyone involved in its making and production.

(See? Not only the lovely ladies of Sideshow deserve the lurve.)

Great review-- mine is sitting safely upstairs.... wrapped.... a present from the missus... so unfortunately I won't get to experience it until Christmas morning... 20 days and counting.:D

Back