Anakin vs. Obi-Wan Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where a thread on this piece might be at, so I'll start a fresh one with the news that I just got my 15-20 day notice for it, very excited about this piece.

2202_press06-001.jpg

I am looking forward to this piece and hopefully it will arrive next month close to my b-day because this is what my wife wants to get me.:chew

I would love to have gotten this piece, it looks so awesome! No room though. :monkey2

I was more impressed with these piece when I saw it in person. It is really well done and larger than I had imagined. It's not one that I ordered, but I think that those who get it will be pleased with their purchase.

This baby's going on my desk at work for now, another piece to hopefully get some WOWs from my co-workers.

I was more impressed with these piece when I saw it in person. It is really well done and larger than I had imagined. It's not one that I ordered, but I think that those who get it will be pleased with their purchase.

This is how I felt pretty much. I was really jazzed for it to begin with so this only made that even more so but otherwise I'm with ya Tom/.

I love this piece, I love this entire line, my FlexPay has been chugging along, and I expect it next month.

That said, the new pictures of the production paintjob are slightly disappointing. Trevor SAID that the prototype had Obi-Wan leaning back too far, and they haven't corrected for that. Maybe it'll be fixable with a bit of blu-tack around the back of his feet, but I'm not holding my breath. And the amazing paintjob of the prototype has been replaced by a much more common festival of sloppiness.

Well, I hope the piece will look good on display, regardless...

The likenesses for both ObiWan and Anakin have always been a huge miss for me. Just doesnt look like either of them. Pass.

I think it's beautiful. :love It's the only of the dioramas to really do anything for me so far. And, of course, it's the most expensive. But coming right in the middle of my 12" surge, I just can't swing it. (And boy, did that sound more innocent in my head...)

Maybe I'll pick one up on the aftermarket after flipping my Darkness or Stealth Iron Man... :monkey3

I don't see a thing wrong with the Paint Job. It looks as good as the proto did that I saw just not that long ago. So I don't see the problem there Vlad. Its not sloppy for sure. The likeness on Obi-Wan is maybe a little off but I really like how Anakin came out.

I wanted this SOOOOO bad, hopefully down the road I can get one and hopefully it won't appreciate soooooo much in value.

I don't know to stick with the LOTR pf line or just do the LOTR and SW dioramas. This peice looks very cool.:cool:

I say collect whatever you want. I don't limit myself to any particular thing. If I see a PF that catches my interest, I get it, if a dio looks nice, I get it. My favorite type is 1/6 figures, but anything I can afford that appeals to me I go for. I can't wait to get this dio. I know it's pretty cut and dry as far as picture options, but I'm hoping to shoot it in some ways that add emotion to an already emotional moment.

I agree. I'm just leaning more towards the Dio's than the PF's.

I lean both ways--- wait a sec... that didn't sound good.:lol
I'm interested to see pics of this dio in hand. I don't have it on order (although I know where I can get it for a fairly good price here in the Great White North) but if the pics you guys share are great it might make me rethink not having it on order.

Back