Anakin vs. Obi-Wan Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, but I've gotten three statues in the past two days that have had large discounts because of some minor breakage. This time, it was one of Anakin's tabards that had broken off, but it was fixable with some superglue. It's not completely invisible, but you wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it. For $120, i think it's a reasonable tradeoff.

It's an impressive piece. The likenesses are just OK in my opinion, but it's certainly dynamic and captures the feeling of the fight between the two. Of course now that I have Yoda vs. Dooku and this, I have to get the Duel of the Fates dio. I just have to wait for a broken one to show up. ;)

dio_obi-wan_vs_anakin4.jpg

dio_obi-wan_vs_anakin2.jpg

dio_obi-wan_vs_anakin3.jpg

dio_obi-wan_vs_anakin1.jpg

I accidentlaly broke Anakin's tabbard the same spot cleaning it recently, but with a little superglue and some touch up paint and you'd never know. I'm sure, thankfully, i'll forget one day. Even though someone else couldn't see, I'd know it happened, crushed me a bit damaging a piece this nice, but accidents happen. As cool as the flailing tabbards look, I'm not a fan of how fragile they are.

I was rearranging some stuff today and managed to snap Anakin's saber clean off. To make matters worse, it flew somewhere in my office and I can't find it. It may have gone behind my display cases. I called Sideshow to see if they had any replacement parts that I might be able to buy, but no such luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for saber blades from toys or figures that might be appropriate for figures of this size?

By the way, I notice that this diorama is now available for gift card use.

Well, I wasn't exactly deluged with advice about how to fix my broken saber blade ;) so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I found an extra 1/6 scale Sideshow Luke saber and cut off the end. Then I used a pin vise (a small hand-held drill) to drill holes in Anakin's hand and in the saber blade, cut an appropriately sized length of straightened out paper clip, and used that along with some superglue to put the pieces together. (The paper clip part fits into both parts, strengthening them -- just using superglue would not work very well for something like this.) The blade is thicker than Obi-wan's but I was happy to see that you can't really tell because they are so far apart on the statue. It looks great now.

Anakin vs Obi Wan Diorama?

Curious, does anyone have any good pics of the Anakin vs Obi Wan Diorama? Also, how close are the likeness's to Hayden and Ewan?

Thanks!

I have 3 dioramas, the 3 main duels of the new trilogy (Duel of the Fates, Dooku VS Yoda, and Anakin VS Obiwan). For my, the best of the 3 could be that of Anakin VS Obiwan. I received mine only one month ago, and I have some recent photos. It is a marvel, very dynamic sculpt, and the base is very amazing. Seemed of the faces it is corret, is not seemed to 100 % but they are acceptable. Really I recommend it to you.

DSC04064.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

DSC04175.jpg

DSC04184.jpg

DSC04142.jpg

DSC04155.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04150.jpg

I hope that this pics help you a little.

My mother and mother & father-in-law with the help of my AWESOME wife scored me the Anakin and Obi-Wan diorama for Christmas!!!!!:chew I just got it today! In a word, AWESOME!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT:

DSC01760.JPG
DSC01740.JPG
DSC01753.JPG
DSC01720.JPG

This looks incredible!

Would anybody be willing to snap a shot of this and the Obi Wan vs Anakin dio from the habro Unleashed line?

Here you go...

4562090058_51b6668dbe_o.jpg

4562090080_5be072eb43_o.jpg

This set is pretty cool...I actually miss that line...there were some cool entries in it...but someday I'd like to pick up that Sideshow one of this great duel...it is really great looking...

Last edited:
This looks incredible!

Would anybody be willing to snap a shot of this and the Obi Wan vs Anakin dio from the habro Unleashed line?

Thanks amigo!

I dig both, but you can't help but notice the quality difference

Back