Anakin vs. Obi-Wan Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trevor you did an outstanding job on this piece and I am glad to own #20. My pics do not do this amazing dio justice.

That is an awesome way to display this piece. I really think this line has so much potential and SS has kicked it off right. Really a great piece we had no troubles selling it at our price with the free shipping.

I just rescued mine from the customs -- who opened the styrofoam, but thankfully didn't break anything, perish the thought -- and it now hold the official title of THE MOST IMPRESSIVE COLLECTIBLE IN SERETUR'S HOUSE, bar none.

It has also prompted me to write the following rant (originally at S&F):

Total home run here.

And yes, the thing is pricey. (Especially since this was the last SS item I got charged the EU VAT for, which in turn raised the local charges -- all in all, an increase of some $80.) But it's worth every penny.

It's also humungously heavy. It's the heaviest piece of polystone I own -- heavier than Treebeard, heavier than the Stone Trolls. Muy pesado!

But the two things I'm head over heels with are the overall composition -- which is incredibly dynamic and a joy to look at; it has all the curves and focal points that characterise the best sculptural art, and that in itself elevates it immensely from most licence-based sculptures. Trevor's character work goes hand in hand with the platform and the lava, and both characters are captured in iconic poses that ably present the imbalance of the Force at that point in the saga.

The second thing is the coloring. I've been afraid that the proto paintjob just couldn't be reproduced in the production pieces, but I was dead wrong. Everything is spot on and detailed to the gills, with no smudges or sloppy bits. There is grime everywhere, from the robes to the much-battered platform. Every splash of lava is lovingly shaded. And yet the overall effect is one of harmony, as the colors have been chosen with great care.

Everything about this sculpt is just right. I want to give a big bear hug to everyone involved in its making and production.

(See? Not only the lovely ladies of Sideshow deserve the lurve.)

Yup, pretty amazing. One of the best pieces I own or have ever owned.

A home run huh? ;) :lol

Well I caved in an ordered one from Mike the other day. Should arrive the first of next week. This line seems to be picking up momentum, can't wait for Yoda vs Dooku.

I was trying so hard to stay away from this line but I just snagged one of these for $165 on ebay. Damn you SS!!!

Just got this today and wow is it fantastic. The sculpts are great on both characters and even the paint apps are good. The base is incredibly cool, though it would be a hell of a lot cooler if it lit up. I'm so happy I finally pulled the trigger on this thing. I have a feeling I will love this line.

My only complaint, it won't fit in a detolf :monkey2

Just to reiterate, this piece is already one of my favorites in my collection.

If you are at all on the fence about this piece, jump on it.

Just to reiterate, this piece is already one of my favorites in my collection.

If you are at all on the fence about this piece, jump on it.

I would advise not impaling yourself on a fence... It hurts.:monkey4

But in terms of adding this dio to your collection--do. It's a steep fall into the dio vs. line--- but man what a ride. (the collection aspect, not the fence impaling part:D)

Is there anyone who doesn't love this piece?

It's been a highlight of Sideshow's overall output of 2007 (and 2006) for me, and so far only the Alien dioramas have lived up to the standard.

Of course, I have a hunch I'll love the Dookurama, too. The DOTF, though -- it's not clicking for me right now.

Ugh, I'm tetering on the edge of getting this. I wish I would have seen that special price at Dark Shadow, my resolve would have shattered.

Back