All Things LEGOS a.k.a. Bricks Anonymous Group (BAG)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Product page is up $800 11/26

Hopefully this isn't a damn nightmare like the Falcon. Kinda dumb to drop something like this on Black Friday if you don't want your website to crash. I'll be trying my best to order, hopefully Lego has adequately prepared for this.

I loved building the sets, but eventually it was getting out of hand. One day I realised I ought to be concentrating on 1/6 instead.

Certain themes would no doubt draw me back: if they made more Scooby-Doo sets; or if they embarked on Asterix!

OMG Asterix! What a great idea. Maybe Tintin as well, but I think Asterix lends itself better to Lego.

Don’t know if you’re aware, but Playmobil is about to release a whole series of Asterix sets.

That's pretty incredible.

Playmobile doesn't have quite the same charm as Lego, but these look fun:

Spoiler Spoiler:

21324_Front_01.jpg

I get leaving off the central courtyard (that could be it's own set) yet why is the second block and building just brutally hacked down the middle?
Next to Hooper's, was the second store awning Fix-It shop, with work bench and bikes out front?
I haven't seen it in decades, yet the simple two city blocks are so iconic and permanently etched into my primary neurons, seeing the second storefront horrifically severed away, looks incredibly off to me.:lol

6nksdz.jpg
Follow big bird end to end walk through ...
5tndjh.gif

Last edited:
That's pretty incredible.

Playmobile doesn't have quite the same charm as Lego, but these look fun:

Spoiler Spoiler:
no, they don’t have the same charm as lego and they do their utmost to produce toys that can’t be customised like you’d do with lego, but it’s the toy i grew up with so i have very fond memories. i’m an asterix fan (even though i prefer tintin), but i will be passing on these except for the romans because i collect playmobil romans. but i can’t collect HT, casually buy something like the UCS AT AT the week it comes out AND also get things like these lol.

I've wanted this AT AT for over 10 years, but its a lot of money and quite frankly I'm not very impressed with the interior and speeder bikes, I feel like that is just adding a $100 extra to the price. Everything else including the cockpit are impressive though.

no, they don’t have the same charm as lego and they do their utmost to produce toys that can’t be customised like you’d do with lego, but it’s the toy i grew up with so i have very fond memories. i’m an asterix fan (even though i prefer tintin), but i will be passing on these except for the romans because i collect playmobil romans. but i can’t collect HT, casually buy something like the UCS AT AT the week it comes out AND also get things like these lol.

I still have quite a bit of it somewhere in the attic. It came in as stock and was meant to be sold, but I ended up keeping them. There's wild west, US cavalry, dinosaurs and others.

When they did Scooby-Doo I was quite tempted, but it's getting into collecting a whole other thing again. I try to stay on target with 1/6 alone now.

Lego would be more tempting, because the scale is smaller, and in a way more detailed and fascinating how it can create little worlds.

On top of a pair of glass cases I have a line up of the new Arkham Asylum, the Scooby lighthouse, the Scooby haunted mansion and then the old Arkham Asylum with the various Mystery Inc. characters and vehicles. Crystal Cove meets Gotham!

The 90s was the best decade for collecting PM I think. The Knights, Pirates and Western themes were so beautifully designed, and they’re the only ones I’m keeping.

The UCS AT AT is expensive yes. 800 euro. But I have 150 euro in VIP points, and if I can manage to get the Luke lightsaber gift they announced I can sell that for another 100 so that’s already 250 euro off. I might sell some of my old Lego that’s in storage, and nowadays I no longer buy the smaller sets because I find little satisfaction in them.

Expensive as the toys I buy nowadays are (HT, X-Plus, UCSs), it’s incredible how healthier your toy budget becomes once you stop buying ‘cheap’ toys that one normally doesn’t think twice about puttung in his cart.

The 90s was the best decade for collecting PM I think. The Knights, Pirates and Western themes were so beautifully designed, and they’re the only ones I’m keeping.

The UCS AT AT is expensive yes. 800 euro. But I have 150 euro in VIP points, and if I can manage to get the Luke lightsaber gift they announced I can sell that for another 100 so that’s already 250 euro off. I might sell some of my old Lego that’s in storage, and nowadays I no longer buy the smaller sets because I find little satisfaction in them.

Expensive as the toys I buy nowadays are (HT, X-Plus, UCSs), it’s incredible how healthier your toy budget becomes once you stop buying ‘cheap’ toys that one normally doesn’t think twice about puttung in his cart.

I used to be completely unfocussed with my collecting.

Along with 1/6 there was the Lego; action figures of all kinds; the little Armies of Middle Earth; vintage Britains and Timpo figures and animals; wargaming miniatures and books (mainly West End Games' Star Wars with the books); old coins; militaria - badges, medals etc, and guns.

I had a massive clear out with the toys, but there were collections I couldn't part with, such as Lego, Hasbro's Indiana Jones and the Armies of Middle Earth. I also left the boxes of Playmobil.

I haven't added to the other collections much since, so my 1/6 focus is holding.

I like what I have, and there's some rare and interesting bits in the militaria, but I don't have the urge to accumulate more, unless it's 1/6, of course!

With Lego it would have to be something special like Asterix, which I loved from a young age, and appreciated more as I grew up when I began to understand the jokes and allusions Goscinny and Uderzo were making.

They were such richly illustrated and detailed books.

Just found out this place has a Lego thread. Nice!

I loved Lego when I was a kid. Still do, actually. I don't buy a lot anymore and I had a long period of not buying any at all. I bought the Ideas Barracuda Bay set last year (which is absolutely great) and the Ideas Medieval Blacksmith earlier this year. Another excellent set. With these Ideas sets Lego really puts in the extra effort it seems. Can't wait to see what they will do with The Office next year.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting right now is this:

20211124_115500.jpg

After watching Ghostbusters Afterlife last Monday I just knew I had to have this one. Found a great deal as well. This local webstore had it for € 150 and I believe Amazon has as well.

Can't wait to build it, but it probably has to wait till the weekend.

Back