All Things LEGOS a.k.a. Bricks Anonymous Group (BAG)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlier last year, I bought the Saturn V and Space Shuttle sets. Been sitting on them ever since, because we moved to a new house. Thinking it's time I started on one.

Looking forward to seeing how big they are completed, only ever seen pics of them.

Earlier last year, I bought the Saturn V and Space Shuttle sets. Been sitting on them ever since, because we moved to a new house. Thinking it's time I started on one.

Looking forward to seeing how big they are completed, only ever seen pics of them.
They are both great sets, but the Saturn V will really wow you. It's huge.

I'm afraid I've caught the LEGO bug big time now. I got a few sets over the last few years, Brick Bounty, Fishing House, Treehouse, Barracuda Bay. But on a lark, I picked up the Bookshop, as something fun to put on my book shelf, and wow, it was a lot more fun than I was expecting, so now I'm really looking at the modular series, and holy crap, I thought Hot Toys figures got pricy on the secondary market. Nearly all of them are 3-4x MSRP, while only a few HT figures will get to 2-3x MSRP, if that.

I'm really considering the Brick Bank and the Detective's Office. I'd pull the trigger on either, but recent news indicates LEGO is exploring bringing sets out of the vault, so I'd hate to drop $600 on the Brick Bank, and then have LEGO offer it up for MSRP later in the year.

76F37668-122F-469C-B9FA-0201F680BA72.jpeg

Kmart stores still exist anywhere? I thought all of them, including my local store, closed years ago...?

Luke's Landspeeder has got to be the most boring UCS to date. Was anyone asking for that?
I just looked at it, yep. All the things they could do and they do something you could custom make in half a day. Sheesh. They seem to be concentrating on OT which is good and I guess have they started to run out of ideas? Maybe they should start redoing old ones.

Got the belated Easter freebie of two chicks this year to go with the freebie egg and chick from a couple years ago. Always nice to get these free sets from Lego - makes you forget just for a second the stupid things they do (*cough* stickers)
😆

20220430_101207b.jpg

I'm afraid I've caught the LEGO bug big time now. I got a few sets over the last few years, Brick Bounty, Fishing House, Treehouse, Barracuda Bay. But on a lark, I picked up the Bookshop, as something fun to put on my book shelf, and wow, it was a lot more fun than I was expecting, so now I'm really looking at the modular series, and holy crap, I thought Hot Toys figures got pricy on the secondary market. Nearly all of them are 3-4x MSRP, while only a few HT figures will get to 2-3x MSRP, if that.

I'm really considering the Brick Bank and the Detective's Office. I'd pull the trigger on either, but recent news indicates LEGO is exploring bringing sets out of the vault, so I'd hate to drop $600 on the Brick Bank, and then have LEGO offer it up for MSRP later in the year.
In that case I’d better sell my MIB Town Hall and Fire Brigade while they’re still commanding good prices. I’ve opened most of the recent ones so far, and I love them all (maybe with the exception of Corner Garage), but I find the early ones like Town Hall, Emporium etc look too basic next to them. In any case, I don’t have the room to display them all. Heh, wish I had bought then of those Town Halls when I still had the chance. But at the time you go ‘eh, maybe next month …’ And then the next moment you find out they’ve been retired. Happened with the Brick Bank, but no way I’m spending aftermarket prices on a set that even during its lifetime I thought barely worth the money.

Back