ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pic from the display @ "seven" shop in HK

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Source https://www.facebook.com/SEVENToys

Parts of it came out great other parts still look off and it will be waaaay too expensive for me to probably buy it off of ebay but I still want it. :slap

I may be wrong, but I think at this price ACI may have made a big mistake... a lot of money for a figure competitors are bringing out cheaper, plus at the end of the day, it is only half a figure! At least the heads will be cheap on eBay!
Dizzy

I may be wrong, but I think at this price ACI may have made a big mistake... a lot of money for a figure competitors are bringing out cheaper, plus at the end of the day, it is only half a figure! At least the heads will be cheap on eBay!
Dizzy

Maybe but with only 1,500 they have to make back design development fees, pay liscence fees, material costs and make a profit. I would like to think that if they had been able to sell them world wide they would have made more and the price would have gone down since the design and liscence fees (depending on how the contract works) would be spread out over more product. I wonder how much Aragorn and Lurtz will cost. If they are done well it will be really hard for me to resist trying to get them even if the price on ebay is $250.

That's one sellers mark up.

Hopefully when the 1,500 go on sale some ebay sellers will have it closer to retail but I still think it will be pretty expensive. I someone posted the conversion somewhere in the thread at around $170 so if you add $20-30 for shipping and 10% for their mark up you would come up around $210-$220 for it shipped.

I guess some smart retailers will get hold of some from their working partners in Hong kong

Do they have a website? I might at least see what the cost would be.

Edit nevermind the link actually worked for me this time (at work facebook links are iffy) and I see it's just the email addess for that store.

Do you know if they are pretty safe to buy from?

Do they have a website? I might at least see what the cost would be.

Edit nevermind the link actually worked for me this time (at work facebook links are iffy) and I see it's just the email addess for that store.

Do you know if they are pretty safe to buy from?

From the looks of it, I think they are safe to deal with. Should there are any other limited in the future I'll more likely be contacting them.

We have this up for pre-order now. Specs indicate that ALL the armor plus the sword and dagger are diecast. It's a good thing the Christian body's joints are very stiff, as it will better support all the armor weight.

BBTS has it for 260, VC for 230...still thinking i might pass on this and wait for asums' version as itll be most likely much cheaper

I want Asmus' too, but will hold an order at bbts until I see how Asmus' turns out. This isn't due for a while so we should have plenty of Asmus pics by then.

Hmmmm. Intresting that the release date is third quarter. Maybe that one store had an early exclusive deal going on.

I see that bbts just put them up for pre-order too. Good to know that Vantage and BBTS can bring ACI Lord of the Rings stuff in. I am real curious to see how their Aragorn and Lurtz turn out and now that it looks like some stores may be able to shi pthem in I am not worried about missing out on these.

For that price you could buy another Witch King and the black horse that Vantage had in their last newsletter and make your own (I think maybe even better, the stances and appearance of the ACI one do not do much for me).

Seriously hope Asmus can remain steadfast and won't follow this to jack up the price... Boy I thought what Asmus asked for their LOTR figure was on the high side :slap

Last edited:
Back