ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe its Angelina Jolie in that armor...! (famous Leg pose) No one will ever know..! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you go back and watch the Weathertop scene from the movie the shape and size of the hooded heads seem to change. If you look at the one running around with the torch in its hood the size looks very different to the black rider in Hobbiton. Hopefully come the 28th some people will be buying and posting reviews up on online and we will really get a decent feel for how it turned out. I wish it was coming out over here though. Depending on how limited it is and what the secondary market up is I might not be able to eve ntake a chance on it.

I don't love how this figure looks in many ways, but talking about the head It's not the size IMHO, but the rounded shape. Even the movie Witchking has a far greater hood than the actual figure (just look at the hood-shoulder ratio) but never this shape. This thing looks like a hooded Stewie Griffin.

We , most likely, to reduce the width and the size of the hood a little bit in the production.
They should go out perfectly at least in my point of view! (I am fans of LOTR too! ):pfft:
Bryan

Someone had a pre-order up on ebay for over $250. That's the only option I have found so far and that is to high for me right now.

so expensive:slap

That's one sellers mark up.

Hopefully when the 1,500 go on sale some ebay sellers will have it closer to retail but I still think it will be pretty expensive. I someone posted the conversion somewhere in the thread at around $170 so if you add $20-30 for shipping and 10% for their mark up you would come up around $210-$220 for it shipped.

Found new pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Honestly i think this turned out better than asmus's witch king (they're basically the same character so it's a fair comparison), it's just a pity i'm unlikely to get my hands on one.

Something about this figure looks off to me. For one, the robes are too clean, but really I think it's the way the hood sits on the head and shoulders, it's too wide and doesn't show any neck curvature. The armor looks fantastic, but again, too sparkly and clean. These look like the wraiths are living Kings that threw on a black robe, not Kings who have been dead and buried for hundreds of years.

They weren't that dirty in the films either, at least from what i can remember. Personally i'd rather they look to clean then to dirty; this isn't 3A, not everything needs to be weathered to look good.

It looks good, it just doesn't look too much like the ringwraiths I remember. Like I said tho, the clean/dirty thing is a nitpick, it's the shape and seat of the hood that really throws me off.

Back