2011 Figure of the Year (FOTY)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT Spider-Man

(Close between that and Supes, but never has any SM figure been done like this ever! And we've had high quality HT Superman figures before)

I can only vote by pics seeing as this year has mostly been a catch up year for older figures but I did manage to pick up the latest Batman and BW Scarface.
However judging by in hand pics I would say that Sweeney Todd takes the cake. It might not have the greatest resemblance of Johnny Depp but the whole package seems like great value for money.

Jack Sparrow for sure. When was War Machine released? Just got him finally and he is a close second to Sparrow.

No doubt about it, the Enterbay T2 1/4 scale has it for me, blows all my previous 1/6 out of the water!

And I own all the contenders mentioned!

my list would go...

t1 t-800
dx lee
barney ross

sparrow will be #1 i'm sure as soon as i pick him up

I'm thinking of selling my Jack, its an excellent figure but doesn't have enough significance for me, I didn't enjoy the films enough. Was great having him in hand though.

1. Classic Predator (Love this figure! Really, really, really well done!)
2. DX Jack (So well crafted, so many little trinkets, and the likeness is spot on!)
3. CR Superman (Great likeness! Excellent proportions. Not a big fan of the base though)
4. T1-T800 (What's not to love? My only beef... It's a pretty stiff figure, but I guess it suits the character :p )

And if customs were allowed, my Scott Spencer Zombie Blondie! :)

I know this is highly subjective but I have to judge based on what figures broke new ground and that would be a close one between HT Spidey & HTs CR. Spidey with that awesome costume execution and the fine printing on the fabric and hands was just awesome not to mention they managed to source just the right materials for the costume while retaining an enormous amount of articulation.

Supes...just gotta give it up for that fig for the simple fact that they were able to capture the notoriously difficult subtleties of C . Reeves' facial features.

Ultimately, I have to give the nod to Spidey only because he has some great accessories.

Wish I had more interest in Cap'n Jack as he seems to be getting a lot of love from the guys who bought him and some from guys who didn't.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Listed Jack as a major miss of the year bcoz of giant palms and boots.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Implied%20Facepalm.jpg

1. DX Jack...accessories, tailoring, awesome wheel base

2. Supes...amazing HS

3. Spiderman...the suit is ridiculous, the poseability.

Back