2005 "I won..." Spooktacular Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Spiff!!! The SSE Drac is really fantastic. I'm glad I got mine, although I do wish I had waited until Spooktacular and got it for 25% off :banghead :banghead Oh well, It is an awesome piece.

My answer was right. I said:

Original release: Han
1997 SE release: Greedo
2004 DVD: Same time

Sorry, the question did not ask that. It did not ask to describe what happened in each version, it merely asked "who shot first". The 3rd part about the 2004 DVD is wrong, because nobody shot first, it was simultaneous.

Now, if you answered Han (for original release) or Greedo (for 1997 SE) you would have answered the question correctly.

To me this question was not a good choice as it is debatable and controversal. It was incredibly difficult to even find the link for this contest, and only 28 people did. If they answered Han or Greedo, they should have been in the drawing. It would have been better to ask a straightforward question that is not debatable. My answer was Greedo, and it was correct, it is indesputable. So is Han, it is indesputable. Saco

Also, the very first SPOOKY01 contest answer was WRONG. Karloff was 43 and not 44. Saco

Hey I do think SSW is great for giving these contests, I know they don't have to do this, but when something aint right I need to call it out. I am no brown noser, I speak it like it is.

PS Dusty is way cool!

First off I would like to thank Fusty, MarK, and the mistress for doing an excellent job this Spooktacular. Secondly, I would like to thank Pordey, LOTRSWfan, and everyone who did their own giveaways. Very nice of you guys. :D

I would also like thank Sam for picking me to be her partner for one of Pordey's DOI. I always enjoy participating, so thank you.

Also, you are very welcome Matt, and G..your a swell dude too. :peace

And lastly I would like to say that I am ecstatic over winning the Han solo...definitely makes up for the crappy morning I had after breaking the sword of my Moria Orc swordsman statue.

SwoopingCloakofSureness said:
And lastly I would like to say that I am ecstatic over winning the Han solo...definitely makes up for the crappy morning I had after breaking the sword of my Moria Orc swordsman statue.

:horror :sick :eek: Eeek, you HAD to win then.

I would have taken the Goblin.

So the spooktacular grand prize winner of the scavengers hunt has chosen the 1/4 scale james bond..... This wouldnt have been my choice but congrats anyway...

In my opinion the best prize that was offered this year at the spooktacular, was the 1/4 scale terminator.

:joy :joy :banana :banana

*Does happy dance.

I won Jason and Pamela Voorhees! So all of those hard hours of work that I put in having fun were worth it. LOL. That's my excuse for not cleaning out the garage...

Thanks everybody for such a great time. Sideshow is amazing. Special thanks to Dusty, Marc and Chicky. And to all the members of this board who were so generous and kind.

Shaihulud said:
In my opinion the best prize that was offered this year at the spooktacular, was the 1/4 scale terminator.

Completely agree.

Daveyjaro said:
Sorry, the question did not ask that. It did not ask to describe what happened in each version, it merely asked "who shot first". The 3rd part about the 2004 DVD is wrong, because nobody shot first, it was simultaneous.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one! :p

So what was the final decision on this one? Which answer was correct ... there's, yours, or mine (which says the last DVD is the director's definitive version)? :confused:

:horror Tolkienesque - Now an Official Member of this years Losers Club (but in proud company!) :joy

Hey swoop, congrats on the han solo :banana

Now we know the winners of han and new born are from here, what about the warg winner? And also the 3 runners up for the hunt?

Does any of you elessar crown winners know how much is shipping to you? and where are you from? Just want to know the rough cost to ship that.

Last edited:
Buttmunch said:
I finally got my email to reply to! Hope ya get it Dusty! Can't wait for the Crystal Lake book!
PS I'm B. Rhinehart :D

Got it :D You'll be getting another one in the next few days as a final confirmation :duff

I still say my answer was the right one. At least from a certain point of view. ;) I covered everything!

Dusty/Sideshow could have at least given me a normal Han for my creative answer or even a Sideshow shirt! :cool:

Here is what I submitted:

Contest: STARWARS1
Answer (if any): Han Solo (my main answer)

(however, in the 1997 SE, Lucas changed it and Greedo shoots first)

(in the 2004 DVD release, they both, more or less, shoot at the same time)

The one TRUE answer is HAN SOLO!!!

Lucas should have NEVER changed that as it changed Han's character.

How is that for an answer?

LOL

Last edited:
Gruson said:
Here is what I submitted:

Contest: STARWARS1
Answer (if any): Han Solo (my main answer)

(however, in the 1997 SE, Lucas changed it and Greedo shoots first)

(in the 2004 DVD release, they both, more or less, shoot at the same time)

The one TRUE answer is HAN SOLO!!!

Lucas should have NEVER changed that as it changed Han's character.

How is that for an answer?

LOL

LOL. My answer was pretty similar to that.

Daveyjaro said:

Now, if you answered Han (for original release) or Greedo (for 1997 SE) you would have answered the question correctly.
Huh? That makes NO sense whatsoever. According to your logic, you could have said "the 3rd stormtrooper from the right shot first", since the question didn't mention what scene the shooting occurred in. To get really technical, Greedo STILL shoots first in the DVD, although it may appear to the simultaneous, it is not.

Notice that Greedo's shot has hit the wall, while Han's is still in midair:

404a20048jp.jpg

I answered in complete detail, just as Gruson did, and no other answer should be acceptable, IMO.

I thought this was pretty comical-
"It is rumored that Lucas may involve a branching scene option on the DVD so that the viewer can choose between a variety of options, including Greedo shooting first, Han and Greedo firing simultaneously, Greedo drawing first but shooting last, Greedo being shot by the bartender, Greedo accidentally shooting himself, and an option where neither Han nor Greedo fire and Greedo dies from natural causes."

Anyone want a shirt?

Don't click..okay..only if you must

Huh? That makes NO sense whatsoever. According to your logic, you could have said "the 3rd stormtrooper from the right shot first", since the question didn't mention what scene the shooting occurred in.

My position is 100% logical. The Question "Who Shot First?" was posted on the Han Solo item so deductive reasoning follows that the shooting involves him. It is not stated directly that it is referring to the Cantena Bar Scene between Solo and Greedo, but this is a famous scene and the controversy that ensued after George changed the scene showing clearly that Greedo shot first in the 1997 SE and the Question "Who Shot First" is clearly, clearly pointing to the Greedo scene. My contention is that the question is specific and requires a single answer not an essay on every version out there.

I give example, "Who Shot JFK?" Obvious answer "Lee Harvey Oswald". And then the person asking the question is somehow looking for all the conspiracy theories of Oliver Stone in an essay form when the question did not ask for that. It is absolute, it is black and white.

My point, which I will not belabor is that what is asked in a question is not equal to that which is expected in the answer. There should not be be mind-reading going on. "I asked that, but I wanted this!" Two different things. If I were asked to name the 3 versions of the shot scene, could have done it, but we weren't asked that.

GREEDO! GREEDO! GREEDO!

Back