2005 "I won..." Spooktacular Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drake!

oxbeard said:
My orders arrived just a few minutes ago. One of which was the 1/4 Drake maquette. I have to admit I think this one is very underrated. While I have seen a few excellent comments on it (lcummins for one ;) ), I have seen even more critical comments of it. Frankly I really like this piece. Amazing detail that comes no where close to being represented in the pics. Very glad I got in on the spooktacular deal for this (with thank again to lonnie for influencing me on this one). I was shocked also to receive number 18. That may actually be my lowest numbered item yet. :banana

I'm glad it lived up to my comments! I think it is fantastic also. :joy

Well I was pre-authed for the shipping on the items I won.

Does that mean they are shipping now?? (I hope so :) )

When did they start charging for shiping prizes? I know when I won 2 contest in Slalshfest I didnt have to pay for shiping.

Collector Freak said:
Did SS include any goodies in addition to your prizes?

Mine just shipped so I'll let you know next week when it arrives. Truthfully though I'm not expecting any. the PJ comes in it's own shipping carton so they don't have to rebox it for shipping. I only get extra free goodies when they rebox the item into a larger package.

I am waiting for

the crown I won at Spook and Buffy that I won at fan.
It's possible that I might get something free in those boxes
but because I requested that most of my purchases be
shipped in one box during Spook I only picked up one free
item and it was a faery.

I love the free stuff but I am very happy with all of the
purchases made during spook.

How do you get notified if your item has shipped, re: Spook?
Only person I'd been talking with on this is Dusty...

Thanks!

Bum said:
How do you get notified if your item has shipped, re: Spook?
Only person I'd been talking with on this is Dusty...

Thanks!

You should get a shipping email with tracking number and invoice just as you do with a typical order. The order will also show up in your online account with a PXXXXXX number instead of the usual TXXXXXX. The only problem with the online account is that my prize shipments have always stayed as 'order place' and never been converted to 'shipped'. Even the prize I won during SDCC doesn't say it has shipped yet in my account although I received it rather quickly following SDCC.

I just got my Newborn Uruk-Hai prize today, and I didn't receive anything else free, not even the shipping. :(
The package was barely big enough to contain the statue, and some of the corners were dented in a little on the outer box and inner box. This has to be the worst packaging job I've ever seen for such an expensive item. My Medicom Spider-Man figure I received today had infinitely better packaging.
Also the package weight was 9 pounds in the Fed Ex email but the Sideshow listing says it weighs 10 pounds so either SSC took a hacksaw to the statue to save weight or they got the weight wrong.
This isn't a statue I'm very interested in keeping, had it been Sauron or a Morgul Lord Witch King I would've kept it but just having this statue on the shelf would look odd. It looks like a naked monster crawling out of a pile of s#!t.
In the context of a larger LOTR collection it might make more sense but as it is, I'm not interested in keeping it.

screamingmetal said:
It looks like a naked monster crawling out of a pile of s#!t.

That means it's spot on. Pretty much exactly what it's supposed to be :D

That's one piece I never really had an interest in either.

My Funtacular purchase of an Exclusive Liam and reg Vamp Buffy arrived this afternoon. No freebies included. The box was full because they included the Mutant Leader I had won in one of the Fun comps. Woo WOOT Hoo.:banana

Thank you Dusty and thank you Jennifer, and thank you all those Sideshow staffers that followed their orders and did what was asked of them. So thank you SS Bob and those in the warehouse too.

Back