2005 "I won..." Spooktacular Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daveyjaro said:
There should not be be mind-reading going on. "I asked that, but I wanted this!" Two different things.

While I think it is hilarious that this debate has gotten this 'heated' and went on this long, I have comment on the above excerpt.

Remember this is Chicky we're talking about. She lives to twist and mess with our minds. All preconceived notions are out the door and you can expect to have to answer from the non-obvious angle :D

Dave, let's say that you have ONLY seen the 2004 DVD version of Star Wars. Someone points out that scene and asks you, who shot first?

You would say they shot at the same time.

That is why I put that in my answer.

Okay, I was going to stay out of this one, but here's the answer from Chicky's mouth to your screen:

"The question was who shot FIRST. Chronologically there is only one answer. The one who shot first in 1977 is the one who shot first. Period."

:peace

Last edited:
So to put who shot first, first; would have been too obvious!?!? :D :naughty :banana

Who shot J.R.??

Who cares!!!

Its over and they made their final decision. No amount of arguing will change anything. :angelsmil

Let's get back to remembering the fun of Spooktacular.
BTW, I received my 1st Spooktacular order today already and WOW!!! I have a lotta apes in my house. :joy

"The question was who shot FIRST. Chronologically there is only one answer. The one who shot first in 1977 is the one who shot first. Period."

So, the question was "Who (first) shot first?" The key piece of info that was missing from the posted question is in parentheses. It was up to the person to guess that, and I guessed wrong. I guess you don't understand frustration when you spend hours looking for something and then be disqualified for guessing wrong. Has nothing to do with skill, only mindreading.

George Lucas is the GOD of Star Wars, so he says Greedo shot first. Where is George when you need him. OK, I'm finished bitychin.

:peace

Thanks all around!

Well, I had a lot of fun during Spooktacular and even had my moment of "controversy" on the Boris Karloff question :frank , but overall it was great! Thanks again to Dusty, Marc and Chicky for joining us in chat here on the Freaks board, and Thanks to Sideshow for putting on Spooktacular in the first place! :duff

I am really surprised that this thread managed to garner 587 replies and over 15100 views! Seems like old times! A big thanks to all the board members who respected Dusty's request and posted all Spook related questions and such in this thread and we didn't end up with a dozen threads all over the place! :clap

Almost 60 pages. Boy we have a lot to say.

Davey, that Chicky is tricksey, yes she is. The same with the one I won about "bold" Pamela Voorhees. I kept looking at it, drawing a blank. I finally realized that name Pamela Voorhees had been changed to a bold font. :slap Very tricksey, but isn't that part of the fun? A total play on words.

My good deal came today. (An advantage of living a couple of hours drive from Sideshow, and a very dependable FedEx driver) Van Helsing and Anna, for half price, PLUS a Gandalf hat in the box. :gandalf
:banana :banana :bounce

Holy $#*& :google Over 15,000 views! I didn't even realize that. That's awesome guys, let's make it an even 60 pages :joy And yes, thanks everyone, very very much, for keeping all Spook related questions and updates in this thread - it made it so much easier for us to keep track of! You guys really have been great :dance

Fritz said:
Controversy is fun. :naughty

Seems to happen at least once during every event. Remember this from last Spring's Slashfest?

"Congratulations to all the winners who knew that the Master had been trapped underground for 100 years and wanted to open the Hellmouth. Think you are a winner? Check here."

The correct answer is 60 years.

dhffryn_bnnr.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Seems to happen at least once during every event. Remember this from last Spring's Slashfest?

"Congratulations to all the winners who knew that the Master had been trapped underground for 100 years and wanted to open the Hellmouth. Think you are a winner? Check here."

The correct answer is 60 years.

dhffryn_bnnr.jpg

HEY!!!!
I got that answer right! Why didn't I win!?!?! :naughty

Oh, by the way, the winner of the DRAC chat contest for 1/4 scale Dracula Premium Format figure was M. Alexander (aka Spiff). Congrats!! :banana

(Mistress' answer was Bela Lugosi, Jr.)

SideshowDusty said:
Oh, by the way, the winner of the DRAC chat contest for 1/4 scale Dracula Premium Format figure was M. Alexander (aka Spiff). Congrats!! :banana

(Mistress' answer was Bela Lugosi, Jr.)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
:banana :banana :joy :banana :banana

pordey2 said:
Congrats Spiff!!

:banana

cool avatar btw...

Thanks! Can't wait to get it :joy

Thanks on the avatar too! A buddy of mine created the avatar for me from, of course, a Calvin and Hobbes strip. He has created a few others too. Here is a link to his gallery.

Ironman1188 said:
Who shot J.R.??

Who cares!!!

Its over and they made their final decision. No amount of arguing will change anything. :angelsmil

Let's get back to remembering the fun of Spooktacular.
BTW, I received my 1st Spooktacular order today already and WOW!!! I have a lotta apes in my house. :joy

Yeah my Apes stuff came too.
I now have General Urus, Gorilla protector, Dr Zaius, Mutant Leader and
i am expecting Taylor and another gorilla. Cornelus and Zira should be coming
too.

Apes Rock!!!

My orders arrived just a few minutes ago. One of which was the 1/4 Drake maquette. I have to admit I think this one is very underrated. While I have seen a few excellent comments on it (lcummins for one ;) ), I have seen even more critical comments of it. Frankly I really like this piece. Amazing detail that comes no where close to being represented in the pics. Very glad I got in on the spooktacular deal for this (with thank again to lonnie for influencing me on this one). I was shocked also to receive number 18. That may actually be my lowest numbered item yet. :banana

Back