2005 "I won..." Spooktacular Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great time at my first Spooktacular and met a lot of wonderful people.

I had heard so many negative things last year about the board and chats that I was a bit tentative, but I thought everyone was nice as can be, generous to a fault with themselves and their time...and we all certainly had a fun time!

It was a pleasure to meet you all. :family :wave

Spooktacular was indeed a good time. Some need to lighten up and not take the ribbing of their respective faves so seriously, but all in all, it was a loonnnggg, fun time. I spent waaaay more than anticipated or budgeted for, but,...what the hell.
I have to send kudos out again to those that made it all the more fun for me:
Dr2red - thanks so much for letting me know what was slipping by
lcummins & Viking28 - thanks for the heads up on the special, sorry the damn lag took so long to let you know I had got the word!!
Dusty & Jennifer - thanks for putting up with my inquiries and helping me sort out my orders
Chicky - I don't care whether some say you don't exist :D , THANKS!!!
and thanks to anyone I forgot.
Everyone in chat was a blast to hang with [Mom!! send the pics NOW!!] and talk to.

P.S. Oh, yeah....Marc was consistent. :winkpumpk

What can I say?

I really enjoyed every bit of it, glad I won Elessar in the chat contest last week (first time I won anything ever - seriously :cool: ) and will be there next time! :)

Thanks!

Grats to Swoops, he won a Han Solo! :banana :wacky :joy

Only fair IMO, he was the one who let me know about the quest in the first place. :D

LOTRFan said:
Grats to Swoops, he won a Han Solo! :banana :wacky :joy

Only fair IMO, he was the one who let me know about the quest in the first place. :D

Damn you Swoops! I wanted that one.

My answer was right. I said:

Original release: Han
1997 SE release: Greedo
2004 DVD: Same time

That was the RIGHT answer! :)

Congrats bra.

Gruson said:
Damn you Swoops! I wanted that one.

My answer was right. I said:

Original release: Han
1997 SE release: Greedo
2004 DVD: Same time

That was the RIGHT answer! :)

Congrats bra.

Don't you already have one coming? ;)

36 entries for the Uruk, 90% probably would have scalped it.

What was SideShow's direct answer on the Uruk? :)

Asura said:
36 entries for the Uruk, 90% probably would have scalped it.

What was SideShow's direct answer on the Uruk? :)

Choked, or killed an orc. :horror

LOTRFan said:
Choked, or killed an orc. :horror

I put that down too, but that was not the first thing he did. i was like, "is this a trick question".

If you want to get real specific: he sat up first, then crys, then kills. lol, I was worried too that like some random person would get it and choked was the wrong answer (it really was).

man, I should do the questions for SS. I am going to giveaway a Moria Orc Medallion tomorrow over at chucks board. I have a real nasty question..

Last edited:
What did Chicky giveaway in chat last night? and who won? I couldn't hold out that long.

oxbeard said:
What did Chicky giveaway in chat last night? and who won? I couldn't hold out that long.

Oh, just as I went to sleep. She was going to give a free PJ for those who did not win any thing in chat. I actually wanted to do the question for her, and DQ myself. She's such a nice person.

Asura said:
Oh, just as I went to sleep. She was going to give a free PJ for those who did not win any thing in chat. I actually wanted to do the question for her, and DQ myself.

Thanks, I was curious. Did she only do the one giveaway?

Okay chatters, fess up, who won this one?

Lol, I won the Newborn Uruk contest! :D Wow, didn't expect that one, I found the contest just minutes away from the deadline, I had to watch the DVD to be sure of the answer, I knew he choked an Orc but didn't know if he let him go or threw him. I also couldn't figure out what the key word was, strangulated, strangled, choked? So I put them all down. That was close.
I didn't even know about the Han Solo contest, there's at least one I didn't enter.
(I also didn't know about the contest on the New Line Horror page, that's another one I missed.)

It's now time to catch up on some much needed sleep, I woke up this morning with only 4 hours of sleep, bright eyed and alert ready to go out and buy the Star Wars ROTS DVD; that's just not right, I should be lethargic and exhausted. :sick
I also forgot to turn my computer off all night long. :duh
A big thanks to Sideshow for busting their butts for this event, it had to be a real head ache. :clap
A special thanks to Dusty and Chicky for all the help they gave in the forums, I wasn't in chat so I'm sure they spent most of their time there giving stuff away with some other Sideshow employees. :rock :rock
I had fun. :winkpumpk

<sigh>
Sure it sucked with the chat lag. Sure staying up for days on end for no reason other than not wanting to miss something was nutso. Sure it was depressing [a little] to miss out on prizes and giveaways.
But, now that it's over.....

what do we do now?? :angelsmil

Oh, yeah!!!! Wait on Fedex to bring those orders to my door!!! :joy

Ah Ironman I am going through the same Spooktacular withdrawl.
Still I missed out on some good stuff because I could not stay up late.
Had be to work early.
I would not have missed the Spooktacular though, no regrets.

oxbeard said:

She gave out a Silver Screen Edition Dracula. Dusty picked the name later... which was me! :banana :banana :joy :banana

Thanks again Chicky, Dusty, Marc, and the rest of the Sideshow Web team. I had a great time this year. Even if didn't win anything (which almost didn't since the drawing for Drac was so late) I thought it was great fun. Sideshow is a great company!!

Well after working yesterday and it was very busy at work and giving out candy
for Halloween I was pooped.
I have already ordered Dr. Zaius but thank you for thinking of me.
I really enjoyed chatting with everyone and getting to know all of
the members there better.
Good friends like these are hard to find.

Thanks again Ironman

Back