12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get a set of arm skins from SovereignStudios for a TOD Indy. The one exposed arm would be the only thing unsitely about the prometheus or whatever body you might use I'd think.

Why are people comparing SSC to Hot Toys, SSC release alot more stuff than Hot Toys. And as far as this line goes, I don't mind the slow pace right now as I have a **** load of stuff in the 4th Qt.

I'd get a set of arm skins from SovereignStudios for a TOD Indy. The one exposed arm would be the only thing unsitely about the prometheus or whatever body you might use I'd think.

The arm skin might be the best way to go. With the shirt closed at the botton it should expose the chest but cover the articulation.

Of course, this is all conjecture until we finally get him in our hands.

Why are people comparing SSC to Hot Toys, SSC release alot more stuff than Hot Toys. And as far as this line goes, I don't mind the slow pace right now as I have a **** load of stuff in the 4th Qt.

I think you might have misread the discussion. Some of us want to utilize the extra head that comes with Indy rather than just have it sit in the box. So, since Sideshow has no plans to sell the Prometheus bare, we're picking up an extra HotToys TrueType body to put the head on and dress it out to make a Professor version of Indy.

Did any of you notice that Indy was not listed in the coming in 30 days section of the newsletter? It does worry me.

The Medi Indy and Henry just went into the 30 day column and people are already getting them. I'd say Indy's coming mid to late November and we'll get him around Thanksgiving.

If they rushed the product and it had flaws you'd crucify SIDESHOW. If they take their time to get it done right--well, you'd crucify SIDESHOW. You really have to wonder why we don't get visited that often from the employees of the company... Not like there's a boatload of negative Nancies on here that happily sing with the band as the Titanic seemingly goes glub glub...

Patience gentlemen, is a virtue.

:banghead This hurts more than :peace this does. He'll get here soon enough.

Then you can find something about the finished product to complain about.

If they take their time to get it done right--well, you'd crucify SIDESHOW.
Wrong. I'll "crucify" them if they've dilly-dallied all this time and the end result is an Indy figure this short of perfection.

Neil, certainly you can't be championing the way Sideshow has handled this license so far? Some of us have very justified reasons for being disappointed at this point.

That said, I'm still excited to get the INDY products that have been announced so far. I'm just extremely let down by the pace and obvious lack of any urgency and real attention to the lines.

It is getting to a LOTR pace of slowness... but I''m for a great end product and if that means extra time then I'll wait.

Wrong. I'll "crucify" them if they've dilly-dallied all this time and the end result is an Indy figure this short of perfection.

Neil, certainly you can't be championing the way Sideshow has handled this license so far? Some of us have very justified reasons for being disappointed at this point.

That said, I'm still excited to get the INDY products that have been announced so far. I'm just extremely let down by the pace and obvious lack of any urgency and real attention to the lines.

I'm by no means happy with how the 1/6 line has gone (2 figs announced and none in hand?) especially as my favourite two bad guys (Mola Ram and Toht) are still not visible--- But I'm not ready to jump ship until Indy arrives... And believe me, I may wear rose-coloured glasses for most of the SSC products, but if Indy arrives looking anything like the meatball lovin' Hasbro one or the "I'm a 14 year old girl" Medi one then I'll probably lose it as well.

I just have hope (deluded though it may be) that once Indy gets shipped new life will be breathed into this line and we'll hopefully have some great announcements to fuel it and keep it going.

Wouldn't SPOOKTACULAR be an awesome time to announce a Toht (with alternate melting face head sculpt) and a Mola Ram?

Collect to live... Live to hope.:D

I'm by no means happy with how the 1/6 line has gone (2 figs announced and none in hand?) especially as my favourite two bad guys (Mola Ram and Toht) are still not visible--- But I'm not ready to jump ship until Indy arrives
I'm not jumping ship, either. I haven't canceled anything. I'm just understandably disappointed in how Sideshow has handled this brand at this point, especially given the buzz and momentum it once had (and, again, this down-turn has almost nothing to do with KOTCS. If they'd announced a couple more figures by now it would be a whole other story).

I just have hope (deluded though it may be) that once Indy gets shipped new life will be breathed into this line
Again, that's up to Sideshow. IMHO, we need at least 2 more 1/6 figures announced between now and Christmas for this line to even have a chance to recapture the momentum it once had and SSC let slip away. It's possible, but the ball is in their court.

Wouldn't SPOOKTACULAR be an awesome time to announce a Toht (with alternate melting face head sculpt) and a Mola Ram
Yes, it would. But it's extremely doubtful we'll get both. One of those two in particular I can see be announced at some point in the near future, though. But it won't be quite enough. Now now. Again, we need at least 2 more exciting 1:6 figure announcements between now and the end of the year or you can start blowing the horn of Gondor for this line as well.

Oh, and where the hell is the 1:1 Indy bust, too?? :confused: :duh

I totally forgot about that possibility--- Man that'd be awesome.
Possibility? A Lifesize Indy bust was explicitly mentioned (including a $599 retail price) in the original Sideshow license announcement... in July 2007. Here we are 15+ months later (with a huge theatrical film release having occurred since the license announcement)... and nada. :huh

Possibility? A Lifesize Indy bust was explicitly mentioned (including a $599 retail price) in the original Sideshow license announcement... in July 2007. Here we are 15+ months later (with a huge theatrical film release having occurred since the license announcement)... and nada. :huh

:whip Here's hoping that it's the trick of nailing down the Ford likeness that is delaying this...

Now you're getting me all:monkey4 worked up.

We've still got two more months in '08--- plenty of newsletters. Let's see what's on the horizon (he said optimistically as he took another swig from his flask).

Back