12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if its cast in color with the facial hair texture, and then the shadow is lightly applied I think it could come out very nice. No guarantees of course, but they might have more success if they go that route than they seem to with the traditionally painted heads.

I really have high hopes for this figure... probably too high, but I want this to be the only 1/6 Indy I ever need.

Given how nice CW Obi-Wan's beard came out, I'm hopeful, that gives me hope because precedent would say we're in trouble with the facial hair.

I expect nothing less, given that's how the Hobbits and Obi-Wan were done, I'd say that's the way of the future for SSC, figures on the new bodies done that way.

I hope they do it for all figures, regardless of body.

Not at all, for me, one of the issues with the Buck was that it wouldn't hold poses at times, the weight of a lightsaber would make arms droop at times and lose poses. I don't like breaking out company comparisons much, but Hot Toys' base body, with the exception of the Begins Batman figure recently, consistently has a firmness to all the joints and holds any pose you can make the body do, and if Sideshow's going to go to the lengths it is making new bodies, they should strive to hit that last bar. Like I said, they've got so much right now with these new bodies, but a very critical element is somewhat worse on the new bodies than the previous, and until that's resolved, I don't see the bodies as being a success.

I think it's funny how people always look to HotToys bodies for a comparison. HotToys bodies have their own issues. The forearms are UNNATURALLY long when comparing the distance from shoulder to elbow and elbow to wrist. The shoulders are highly unrealistic, like CarrotTop's injected shoulders as the figures look like a skinny guy walking around with a "buff guy" attitude. The ankle joints are weak. There's a highly noticable gap between the neck and chest (even Hasbro's G.I. Joe body is better in this area) and the popoff hands pose headaches when trying to reach any realistic aiming pose. I could go on, but I won't.

As for the Hobbit bodies, I don't have a problem with mine either. Are you guys playing with them for hours and hours?!

Sure the new armor body is looser than I'd like, but it's nowhere near as bad as some of the guys are making it seem by saying things like, "It won't hold a pose." If the Prometheus is a tad looser than the Buck, it will be more than fine. But it's all speculation anyway as Indy isn't due out until sometime next month.

I never said the Hot Toys body was all around superior, I hate the shoulders on it, they suck, the new TDK body is the closest to right I've seen of it. All I said was it's has nice tight joints and holds poses well, and that's my concern with the SSC bodies, function, the new ones have great anatomical design, I just want them to hold posing as well as HT's does.

I never said the Hot Toys body was all around superior, I hate the shoulders on it, they suck, the new TDK body is the closest to right I've seen of it. All I said was it's has nice tight joints and holds poses well, and that's my concern with the SSC bodies, function, the new ones have great anatomical design, I just want them to hold posing as well as HT's does.

Since these are the first releases on the bodies, I'd cut them some slack. Hopefully they'll improve with subsequent releases and constructive customer feedback.

Since these are the first releases on the bodies, I'd cut them some slack. Hopefully they'll improve with subsequent releases and constructive customer feedback.

I'm giving them slack, read all my posts, I said it's something that needs to be fixed and aimed for.

Word has it that the Gandalf head is using the same HT technique even though it's on the Buck body! :google

WOW!! :banana

Given how nice CW Obi-Wan's beard came out, I'm hopeful, that gives me hope because precedent would say we're in trouble with the facial hair.

I am very hopeful now. If Indy turns out like Obi-Wan we're all in for a treat.

Custom question. Do you think it's worth buying a second Indy and a Hot Toys muscular body for a Temple of Doom custom? I'm wondering if it's worth the $200.

I just want my indy figure.. if the paint is terrible, I honestly don't care.. gonna repaint him anyways.. but I WANT THE SCULPT TO BE EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE IN TREV'S BLOG.

Custom question. Do you think it's worth buying a second Indy and a Hot Toys muscular body for a Temple of Doom custom? I'm wondering if it's worth the $200.

Harrison isn't THAT muscular...:

Harrison%20Ford.jpg

I'd just go with a body that has a decent looking arm and chest for the ripped shirt & machete look (which is what I assume you're going for). For that price, you could just buy another Indy and strip him.

That's a shot from Raiders. He bulked up for Temple of Doom. Granted, he isn't as ripped as Stallone but under the shirt it might not be as noticeable.

I may wait to see how the prometheus looks exposed before I switch out the body. The most important thing is I still have the original Kenner 12" shirt from when I was a kid. It's stained and distressed in all the right ways.

Back