12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about the Hobbit body. That was really loose and it was as if the seems were coming apart too. It'd be awful if we had to start clamoring for them to bring back the Buck.

I don't think a couple of loose joints make them 0-2. Kind of stretching it don't ya think?

Not at all, for me, one of the issues with the Buck was that it wouldn't hold poses at times, the weight of a lightsaber would make arms droop at times and lose poses. I don't like breaking out company comparisons much, but Hot Toys' base body, with the exception of the Begins Batman figure recently, consistently has a firmness to all the joints and holds any pose you can make the body do, and if Sideshow's going to go to the lengths it is making new bodies, they should strive to hit that last bar. Like I said, they've got so much right now with these new bodies, but a very critical element is somewhat worse on the new bodies than the previous, and until that's resolved, I don't see the bodies as being a success.

I kind of expected that a new body would have issues with loose joints, just seems to be a common problem with companies early on with a new body. Although I was hopeful that Sideshow would get it corrected before shipping.

Hopefully the Pro won't be the 3rd with loose limbs.

They're not a complete miss, they're on the right path, but they haven't reach success yet. As far as joint quality, I'd take the Buck over the Hobbit body right now, we'll see what my Obi-Wan is like tomorrow.

No not a complete miss, but dissapointing when a figure has floppy legs right out of the box. Although I know some of the early Sideshow figures (like Nosferatu and Frank) had similar issues and they addressed. So, hoping history repeats here.

They're not a complete miss, they're on the right path, but they haven't reach success yet. As far as joint quality, I'd take the Buck over the Hobbit body right now, we'll see what my Obi-Wan is like tomorrow.

The armor body certainly feels like it poses much more naturally; so better than the Buck for sure on that.

That's what I'm saying, not that the bodies suck, but that there's still things to iron out. Right now, there's a nervous feeling that comes with these new body figures as to what may or may not be wrong with the body on it. I'm confident SSC will work out the bugs so that at one point, we'll just be like yay, another Prometheus figure, but the fixes need to be made.

The armor body certainly feels like it poses much more naturally; so better than the Buck for sure on that.

That's why I said for joint tightness, I'll never favor the buck over other bodies for anything else, but within SSC's group of base bodies, it seems the Buck gave you tighter joints than Hobbit or Armor so far.

Buck also has much sturdier plastic compared to the hobbit body.

How is it on the armor body?

I never had a lot of issues with the buck. Thats just me though. My hobbit figures don't have issues with the joints. They're still holding the poses I sat them in when I got them.

Buck also has much sturdier plastic compared to the hobbit body.

How is it on the armor body?

Honestly can't tell... its a slimmer body (being made for armor) but it didn't feel flimsy or cheap. But its hard to say since its so completely covered by material and armor.

Lucky for you guys on the Hobbits, both my Frodo and Sam have weaker feet joints and the wrists spin around loosely in the forearm and don't hold poses very well.

Small issues, but they're there, and I know others had problems too and it's just a matter of resolving it. Like I said, I've always had consistent body quality with HT, so it's possible and SSC just needs to get there with their new bodies.

My hobbits (all 4 of them) have loose joints and one of my Sams had his arm break just by taking off his clothes. Say what you want about the Buck, it's very sturdy.

I'm hoping the headsculpt will be made using the same technique as General Kenobi... could make for a really badass Indy.

I'm hoping the headsculpt will be made using the same technique as General Kenobi... could make for a really badass Indy.

I expect nothing less, given that's how the Hobbits and Obi-Wan were done, I'd say that's the way of the future for SSC, figures on the new bodies done that way.

My only concern with this figure is that damn 5 O'Clock shadow, other than that, I have faith the portrait will look really nice.

Back