12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they rushed the product and it had flaws you'd crucify SIDESHOW. If they take their time to get it done right--well, you'd crucify SIDESHOW. You really have to wonder why we don't get visited that often from the employees of the company... Not like there's a boatload of negative Nancies on here that happily sing with the band as the Titanic seemingly goes glub glub...

Patience gentlemen, is a virtue.

:banghead This hurts more than :peace this does. He'll get here soon enough.

Then you can find something about the finished product to complain about.

!!!AMEN!!!
Preach it from the mountain, brotha Neil!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

You hit the nail on the head. We Indy fans have been around for how long?! With the exception of nervcenter0 who's apparently dying from his impatience, we're not going anywhere (nerve, you can always leave a clause in the will to be dug up posthumously and have the figure put in your coffin). I'd rather have them take their time and do it right, vs rushing him out on the Buck and then me suffer being bashed/reported as a Sideshow apologist by all the crybabies for simply pointing out the obvious.

Remember how long it took to see Hobbits? But I'm betting that the incessant nagging kinda nudged Sideshow to put them out early and look what happened there. We don't even have the complete Fellowship, let alone a 1:6 scale Golumn, orc, Uru-Kai, Sauroman, or Sauron.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to getting him too. I was kinda hoping he would show up in the last SS newsletter under "Ships in 30 days". But I'm sure we would have gotten the email or heard about it here first!

I don't care how long they take to bring Indy out, especially if its for the right reasons - but its the fact that they're not announcing any other figures which has me worried and annoyed, especially as Hasbro has just bitten the dust.

Seems like Lego's the only viable Indy licence out there. And what kind of record does Medicom have on cancelling previously announced items? I'd be annoyed if the Young Indy figure never made it out.

This line might go the way of the JP line...maybe SSC will come out with their own unlicensed "Adventurer and Archeology" line. :rolleyes:

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:confused:

I don't care how long they take to bring Indy out, especially if its for the right reasons - but its the fact that they're not announcing any other figures which has me worried and annoyed, especially as Hasbro has just bitten the dust.

Seems like Lego's the only viable Indy licence out there. And what kind of record does Medicom have on cancelling previously announced items? I'd be annoyed if the Young Indy figure never made it out.

Hasbro is cutting their Indy line because they, as usual, mass produced too much of the "eh, I already have this guy" crap and marketed them toward children who are like WTF who's this old guy?! vs. the true Indy fans directly, the collectors. That's why sales blow. Plus they've dropped the ball in getting the 3rd and 4th wave of figures into the market in time for the DVD release so that hurt them as well. They should've done, and should STILL DO what Mattel is doing with their new He-Man line.

I don't think you can fault Hasbro regarding the 3 3/4" line. They had a pretty diverse selection of stuff and they seemed pretty well done. I think the new movie blew chunks and that killed the interest.

They probably could have moved more merchandise by doing *shutter* a ROTLA:SE.

I don't think you can fault Hasbro regarding the 3 3/4" line. They had a pretty diverse selection of stuff and they seemed pretty well done. I think the new movie blew chunks and that killed the interest.

They probably could have moved more merchandise by doing *shutter* a ROTLA:SE.

Hasbro took a greedy short-term view, by fulfilling an order that WalMart made where it blatantly overordered Star Wars like levels of figures when it was obvious that the line couldn't support such large volumes, thus killing it stone dead in its first year - when it could have lasted a lot longer by shifting smaller volumes.

Hasbro took a greedy short-term view, by fulfilling an order that WalMart made where it blatantly overordered Star Wars like levels of figures when it was obvious that the line couldn't support such large volumes, thus killing it stone dead in its first year - when it could have lasted a lot longer by shifting smaller volumes.

But would those smaller volumes have been profitable enough? I think people sometimes forget that Hasbro is a giant toy corporation and not a niche collectibles company like Sideshow or Hot Toys.

Yeah, you have to keep in mind that Hasbro works on a scale that is completely different from a lot of the other toy makers we deal with. They can't afford to keep something on the shelves that is only going to sell in dribs and drabs over a long period of time. Not when they could be devoting resources and shelf space to sure-fire sellers.

I think the idea that Indy could be a long-selling line of toys akin to Star Wars or Transformers is just not based in reality. It just doesn't have the fan base (particularly with children) to support that. I'm sure Hasbro knew they had a limited time to sell stuff after the release of the film (as with any of the films they make toys for -- Iron Man, Hulk, etc.), but even they apparently misjudged how unpopular the line would be with kids.

Sure, they probably made some mistakes in terms of the mixes of figures and the choices of initial figures, but overall I think they did pretty well. I do think it would be possible for a company to make Indy figures with a more limited release and geared more toward collectors, but that's not what Hasbro does.

But would those smaller volumes have been profitable enough? I think people sometimes forget that Hasbro is a giant toy corporation and not a niche collectibles company like Sideshow or Hot Toys.

Consider this. The line would've been more successful if there had been more of a variety from ALL the movies vs. just ROTLA and the few from KOTCS. They didn't correctly time the release of the action figures from the other films. Look at the 12" line. 4 figures? Really? I still haven't even seen a Hasbro 12" Dovchenko in stores and he was the the only addition to duplicates for wave 3.

Besides, a smart business will change the schedule and contents of future releases to sell and make profit vs. continually produce and push out the same old pegwarmers that nobody's buying anymore. That's a failed business practice.

Last edited:
Consider this. The line would've been more successful if there had been more of a variety from ALL the movies vs. just ROTLA and the few from KOTCS.

Maybe with collectors, but I agree with icruise, kids just didn't care, and Hasbro needed the kids to keep this line in the toy aisle. Indy just wasn't suited to compete in the same arena as Star Wars, Transformers and Power Rangers.

At best, Indy could have sold as well as G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary but with the pricy Lucasfilm license, that's just not enough.

There's no Wal-Mart here so I just saw the moderate selection at TRU and KB. It wasn't until I was out of town that I noticed the glut at Wal-Mart.

Yeah, the shelves at my Wal Mart are literally crammed with figures... and there are more on top of the display. I walked past the last couple of days and I swear the same figures were on the front of the pegs.

I'm betting if the stores ordered the 3rd and 4th waves, not in the bulk they ordered the first, it might peak additional interest and get some of the people to pick up the older ones. I have friends who passed on the smaller lines because they didn't want to go broke and they passed on the 12" line because of only 4 figures (5 if you count the 2 Indys).

Back