12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider this. The line would've been more successful if there had been more of a variety from ALL the movies vs. just ROTLA and the few from KOTCS. They didn't correctly time the release of the action figures from the other films. Look at the 12" line. 4 figures? Really? I still haven't even seen a Hasbro 12" Dovchenko in stores and he was the the only addition to duplicates for wave 3.

Besides, a smart business will change the schedule and contents of future releases to sell and make profit vs. continually produce and push out the same old pegwarmers that nobody's buying anymore. That's a failed business practice.

Totally agree. It's not like they've demonstrated any agility in the face of changing circumstances. And they should have launched the line in late 2007 or early 2008 instead of waiting until May, meaning that instead of the line getting a lift from the movie it was completely tied to it.

If you need to blame someone, blame the marketing experts at both the toy companies and the toy retailers. They're still under the impression that these are the 1980s, where every single blockbuster movie results in massive toy sales to children.

The reality is that kids these days just aren't into playing with action figures as much as we used to. They're more into videogames, ipods, the internet and collectible card games. You only have to look at the comic book market to see the cold, hard truth.

Heck, I bet you can still find some Phantom Menace figures on store pegs if you look hard enough. We're a dying breed, my friends...:crying

If you need to blame someone, blame the marketing experts at both the toy companies and the toy retailers. They're still under the impression that these are the 1980s, where every single blockbuster movie results in massive toy sales to children.

The reality is that kids these days just aren't into playing with action figures as much as we used to. They're more into videogames, ipods, the internet and collectible card games. You only have to look at the comic book market to see the cold, hard truth.

Heck, I bet you can still find some Phantom Menace figures on store pegs if you look hard enough. We're a dying breed, my friends...:crying

Sadly enough, it's the truth, I have seen Phantom Menace figures on pegs at one The Christmas Tree Shops only a few month ago, there about 20 of some Pod Racer.

I think it's a pretty sad statement that in the Sideshow Indy thread we've been reduced to having to discuss Hasbro for three pages. C'mon SSC - throw us a bone!!!:rotfl

Really! :confused: I'm confused, and a little frustrated right now with Sideshow about this Indy. I pre-ordered the exclusive the very first day. I, like everyone else here, has seen only a little about him from Sideshow. Not much else. Nothing new lately. Nothing at the San Diego Comic Con this year, and now the figure is only a few weeks (at least we all hope and pray!) away from finally being released.

It would be nice Sideshow to see something in the way of news, or even a few new gallery pictures about him.

I agree that kids today just are not into action figures like we are here on this board now, or how we were as kids. I grew up in the late 1970s and the 1980s. What I'm considering now as the "golden age" of action figures. At least in my opinion. It is true that there is SO much more out there that kids are into now. I guess toys are really taking a "back seat" to everything is that is "cool" now.

I, like everyone else here, has seen only a little about him from Sideshow. Not much else. Nothing new lately. Nothing at the San Diego Comic Con this year, and now the figure is only a few weeks (at least we all hope and pray!) away from finally being released.

Indy was on display at San Diego. And he looked great.

But I doubt we'll get anything else from this line after Belloq. I'm sure the idol pedestal was developed on its own (like the Dejarik table) and they shifted it to Belloq to boost sales. I just ordered a second Indy from CSC to customize since I doubt we're getting any more versions of him.

There was supposedly another Indy in the works (from what I heard way back in April/May) but at this point who knows if we'll ever even see it announced.

:huh

There was supposedly another Indy in the works (from what I heard way back in April/May) but at this point who knows if we'll ever even see it announced.

:huh

Great because what the line would need is another Indy as opposed to a cool looking villian :rolleyes:

I was told that some elements of the figure at SDCC were production samples (but certainly not the head).

Head without question is the proto, you can tell the skin's painted and it very poorly matches the neck skin tone. I just hope the jacket's a nice material and not thin and cheap like T2.

Head without question is the proto, you can tell the skin's painted and it very poorly matches the neck skin tone. I just hope the jacket's a nice material and not thin and cheap like T2.

I'm afraid of the jacket as well. I'm holding on to my Relic Hunter jacket( even though it's a tad too big) just in case!

With the GENX Indy lost in limbo somewhere and the Medicom version being less than ideal (pistol molded into his hand? No thanks.), I have very high hopes for Sideshow's Indy line. Probably need to see some production pics before passing final judgement, but the 12" line looks very promising so far.

Back