Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is JUST like this. It almost looks like there is dust or little fibers on it. I cannot figure it out and it is driving me insane. All the weathering has faded off of mine. I need to find someone that can do the armor in chrome.
Sorry to hear that, but I had a feeling that there were others out there with the same paint issues as mine. And, maybe still more that just haven't realized it yet. 😐

I wanted to reach out to our collectors who have the Hot Toys 1/4 Scale Mandalorian figure. Also, I apologize for the long post.

Sorry if this topic dims anyone's spirits about this figure, but I feel it's important to give you guys a heads up with an on going issue I've had.

So, keep an eye out for defects or issues with the silver paint on all the armor and helmet, jetpack ect..... read on.

I've had an issue with the chest armor's silver paint that SS customer service acknowledged and replaced last Jan. 2022. After that, everything seemed good with 1/4 scale Mando. But, with all the distractions this last year I haven't examined him up close since then, or spent much time posing him. It's just been in a clean, closed cabinet.

Sadly, I just opened the cabinet to bring him out for some pics and its apparent the silver paint is reacting with something, because light coming from a down angle (led cabinet lights) gives the armor a corroded appearance. It looks horrible on the helmet, chest, vambraces, pauldrons, and thigh armor. Its still a smooth finish and the clear coat is intact, but the silver paint is looking progressively worse.

It now looks like the same defect that caused me to ask for a replacement chest armor has appeared again on other silver armor parts.

The last pic shows both chest armors side by side. The installed is the replacement. The loose one is the original defective one. They now look the same, all really bad. I don't think this should be happening. I'm wondering how wide spread this issue is, and it might not be just my copy that is having this issue?

Unfortunately, after 30 days, Sideshow states they're will not offer customer service. And that window has passed for me. Even though they previously acknowledged this issue and sent a replacement chest armor, they will do no more to help.

I know many who own this figure would like to upgrade the paint to a chrome finish. While some are happy with the stock silver paint as is. I wasn't planning on doing the chrome paint upgrade.

Please keep watch on your Mando figure, if it's within the 30 day time period, don't hesitate to ask SS for a customer service request. After that I would still let them know about the issue, in case it turn out to be a more widespread issue.

If there's any further info or developments I can provide, I'll be sure sure to update everyone.

The pics speak for themselves. All pics of the silver paint defects on the Deluxe Hot Toys 1/4 scale Mandalorian figure....
. View attachment 621283
View attachment 621284
View attachment 621298
View attachment 621288
View attachment 621287
View attachment 621289
View attachment 621290
View attachment 621291

View attachment 621293
View attachment 621294
View attachment 621295
View attachment 621296
View attachment 621297
View attachment 621303
i paint kits have something like this happen when i spray enamel chrome followed by a layer of lacquer/acrylic clear gloss, it causes the smooth chrome to become rough like cast steel. however it was immediate and the surface feels rough unlike yours that stayed smooth and happened over time.

i paint kits have something like this happen when i spray enamel chrome followed by a layer of lacquer/acrylic clear gloss, it causes the smooth chrome to become rough like cast steel. however it was immediate and the surface feels rough unlike yours that stayed smooth and happened over time.
Yeah, I always believed it was a reaction among the paint layers. It's sad they didn't just do the chrome finish like they were going to do on the 1/6 chrome Mando.

Done this one a year ago. 1/4 scale being so cheap, its worth chroming him.

Attachments

• 52472985478_89fcf49463_h.jpg
    52472985478_89fcf49463_h.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 52471941607_47b0548eeb_h (1).jpg
    52471941607_47b0548eeb_h (1).jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 0
Back