12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tha jacket was my first and only concern with this figure. It looks cheap to me but in hand it might be a different story. Sure wish it was in hand right now.

Now that I've seen what was accomplish with Clone Obi-Wan's beard in hand, I'm more confident in the quality of the 5 O'Clock shadow than I was before, now my main concern is production materials on the jacket.

I agree with the jacket concerns, that could really make or break the figure in no small way. I think I can live with the hat molded onto one of his heads, but if the jacket isn't especially well done, there's gonna be a >>>>storm of complaints to follow.

Anyone know what the Medicom Indy jacket is made of? Or have any good pics of the figure?

The medi jacket material does look better but that big zipper is really ugly.

I wonder if Shawn would be willing to make a run of Indy jackets only. From the pictures I've seen his is about perfect.

I think the SSC jacket will work just fine once it's properly weathered. I'm sure DarkArtist, myself and others can work them into something cool.

The Medicom jacket has its own set of issues (not just the huge zipper)

I agree with the jacket concerns, that could really make or break the figure in no small way. I think I can live with the hat molded onto one of his heads, but if the jacket isn't especially well done, there's gonna be a >>>>storm of complaints to follow.

??? Really?... That's not like us at all.:D

I think the SSC jacket will work just fine once it's properly weathered.

Sure a little home weathering will step it up, that's not my concern, it can look brand new I don't care. My concern is the material. If it's the thin, vinyl material like the Terminator 2 coat, it'll be a shame, if it's more pleathery like ROTS Anakin's tabbards and the SSC Buffy/Angel figures leather items like Angel and the Leader's coats, that'll be just fine.

I really hope they don't cheap out and gives a jacket like T2, that thing was shameful. Better materials are a must :lecture

With the GENX Indy lost in limbo somewhere and the Medicom version being less than ideal (pistol molded into his hand? No thanks.), I have very high hopes for Sideshow's Indy line. Probably need to see some production pics before passing final judgement, but the 12" line looks very promising so far.

I have the Medicom. The pistol is not molded into the hand. Where did you hear that?

Indy was on display at San Diego. And he looked great.

But I doubt we'll get anything else from this line after Belloq. I'm sure the idol pedestal was developed on its own (like the Dejarik table) and they shifted it to Belloq to boost sales. I just ordered a second Indy from CSC to customize since I doubt we're getting any more versions of him.

I'm sorry. My mistake. :eek: I should have checked better about Indy being on display at SDCC 08. He does look great there, so does Belloq. Let's hope that the final figure looks as good as that prototype, if not much better by release.

Tha jacket was my first and only concern with this figure. It looks cheap to me but in hand it might be a different story. Sure wish it was in hand right now.

I am 100% desperately certain I will be begging Sovereign Studios to make an Indy Jacket for me. Maybe he'll do a freaks Run?

This SSC Jacket is abominable, it looks cheap and I already know I won't like the pleathery plastic material... look at some of the profile shots with that crap jacket, it's embarassing...

BUT, I figure a Sov jacket will make this as good as any Custom out there, and let's face it , Trevor's sculpt deserves only the best matching quality.

Now, if SSC only doesn't mess up the paint apps...

Yeah...really. Those pictures I saw from an earlier post from SDCC 08 looked really great! Hopefully the final Indy will too.

I'm in the process of selling my Sideshow hobbitts Frodo and Sam now to be able to get this Indy next month. :whip

I'm really hoping and praying he'll be worth it. This SHOULD be the single 12" figure I've waited for since Raiders came out in 1981!

Back