1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fett never held up his gun with one hand. I'm sure I'll display him holding his rifle across his waist like most promo shots and poses from the movie. Nice thing about that is that it might completely obscure the boxiness of the lower chest armor which is really my only issue with this awesome looking figure.

See how his arm covers it here and its not even noticeable:

(see photos above)

Exactly! I'm confident with some creative posing this figure will look just fine...

Well ____ us both, since I just got my notice and I'll be getting him on Tuesday as well :lol

Incidentally that's also my birthday :wave

Got my shipping notice too, mine will also be here Tuesday, which incidentally is also MY birthday...so happy birthday to us galacticboy :clap

Can't wait to see pics pour in. Loving this so far and can't wait to see how people reshape the vest. :yess:

I keep looking at the photos of the figure...And, is it just me or do the arms/hands look too small/skinny in proportion to the rest of the body?...Not a nitpick, Im just curious...

And for any that will actually be repainting the helmet: Do you have a paint color in mind?...Do you plan to mask the details for painting or shoot the whole helmet and reapply the details after?

Matt

I think this figure looks amazing, yeah the green is a bit off but who cares, at the end of the day is the best boba figure out there!

It's not a bad figure at all but you gotta admit this is par for the course with SSCs. They always seem to work in some type of gaff with some of their most highly sought after figures...Vader's helmet comes to mind. Not that all figures don't have their issues but on figs like this and Vader, you would just hope SSCs would pull out all the stops and deliver a near flawless figure when they produce a character as iconic as this. HTs does and did when they decided to tackle such figures like Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman. They delivered when they needed to...SSCs just seems to take the walk when you need em to put the ball in play.

But overall, the figure is great looking....not sure it better than Medi:monkey3

...runs and hides

Looks good, but the helmet color concerns me. They got it right on the bust.

boba-fett-life-size-bust.jpg

And for any that will actually be repainting the helmet: Do you have a paint color in mind?...Do you plan to mask the details for painting or shoot the whole helmet and reapply the details after?

I would appreciate some advice myself from the painting masters here, especially Silent Surfer.

In theory I would liquid mask the other detail, especially the decals, to avoid having to redo them. Then I would airbrush the various shades of green on.

I will probably mix the colours from scratch, but I bet Tamiya or one of the other model paint brands has something close.

Boba looks good. Hopefully, I will get my notice soon and he can also be waiting for me when I get back.

I do not understand short of genuine colour-blindness how people can be OK with the green on the helmet being not just a little off but significantly distorted from the rest of the armour.

That is a huge QC failure. Simply inexcusable.

It's because we don't have a giant stick up our asses over a minor hue variation.

I will probably mix the colours from scratch, but I bet Tamiya or one of the other model paint brands has something close.

After a quick search I found this info. You can use for this spray colour:

Dome and Lower Cheeks- Rustoleum Spruce Green

Or base the helmet colour on this Pantone colour:

The green/olive was "Pantone 350U"

It may already be the right colour? I'll check once I have it in front of me to see.
BobaFettESBColors.jpg

I just got mine in the mail. The box art is quite nice with good descriptors. The figure has a good range of articulation but I do agree that something seems to be off with the paint apps. I'm honestly not seeing the "lego vest" you all are commenting on. Overall, another fine entry by sideshow, I'm really pleased.

StarWarsBobaFett.jpg

I really thought this would be the perfect Boba. Too bad it is far from mediocre IMO. I had the reg and Ex on PO and cancelled both and don't regret it in the least. I don't consider myself that picky, but I expected much more.

I really thought this would be the perfect Boba. Too bad it is far from mediocre IMO. I had the reg and Ex on PO and cancelled both and don't regret it in the least. I don't consider myself that picky, but I expected much more.

So did I, well, at least as good as the Medi ROTJ Fett. This is not as good by a long shot. :monkey2

I just got mine in the mail. The box art is quite nice with good descriptors. The figure has a good range of articulation but I do agree that something seems to be off with the paint apps. I'm honestly not seeing the "lego vest" you all are commenting on. Overall, another fine entry by sideshow, I'm really pleased.

StarWarsBobaFett.jpg

THAT'S THE BEST FRIGGIN FETT EVA!!!!

SSCs hit the ball out the park! The weathering is subtle but perfect! Seems like they limited the articulation but it was needed to bring out the best aspects of the sculpt. I'll give up some articulation for a little more screen accuracy!

I would buy this goofy vest and all, but I just need to know what the body is like. . . hated Indy's body, Belloq was better, , Stormtrooper (had to go through 3 damn trooper bodies until I got one that was good, hips, elbows, shoulders, knees, all were problematic), Hobbit bodies had bad ankles, Vader was solid as a rock, Henry Sr, still has trouble standing up (damn ankles), Lando (same thing) Greedo seems fine, Rock N Roll (knees were just weird, plus ankles were loose, had trouble standing).

I just don't trust Sideshow's bodies. I wish I could 'rent' a Fett. I know I can buy it from SS and return it if I don't like it, but I don't want to spend $28 buck in back and forth shipping to find out I don't like it.

StarWarsBobaFett.jpg

Looks too plasticy.

I remember the knees breaking easy on mine back in the day.

Back