1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a White Ranger Threezero!

tumblr_midn5y7qLV1s1popdo1_400.gifv

I was leaning towards the Green Ranger but damn, . . . this gif has me wanting to wait for the White Ranger. I think it looks cooler.

Well this is a surprise got an email ...Threezero teamed up with HasbroPulse, now we can order these power rangers from HasbroPulse

$99 each ..not bad for third party 1/6

This needs to happen with other companies :hi5:

Well this is a surprise got an email ...Threezero teamed up with HasbroPulse, now we can order these power rangers from HasbroPulse

Hasbro Pulse is selling their Transformers and GI Joe figures so I thought they'd follow with these too. They're really working well together it seems.

I wonder if Hasbro is part of this low pricing scheme too between GI Joe and MMPR.

How is it possible these are cheaper than the unlicensed ones? :horror

I pre-ordered the Red Ranger because of the price. I grew up with the show and was obsessed with it but aside from the music, nothing really holds up and I could barely finish an episode. A single ranger is probably enough as a momento.

Pre-ordered the green ranger. He was the bomb back in the day.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

These aren't 3rd Party figures though :huh: The AceToys ones are third-party since they're unofficial figures. These ThreeZero ones are officially licensed figures. Or does 3rd party in 1/6 all of sudden mean something else?

These aren't 3rd Party figures though :huh: The AceToys ones are third-party since they're unofficial figures. These ThreeZero ones are officially licensed figures. Or does 3rd party in 1/6 all of sudden mean something else?

It doesn’t. You’re correct; I was going to comment that too. Just a misuse of the term.

Officially licensed and authorized means they’re not third party.

However I really wish they fixed the angles on the Green Ranger's shield. I have cosplayed as The Green Ranger and studied the costume closely, and one detail that is key to the look is that the top of the shield is actually angled downwards on either side to be flush with the shoulders, instead of straight out. Small detail, but impossible to ignore once you have seen it.

Really? I always thought there were 2 shields. The angled downwards were from the original sentai footage and the straight out ones were made by the US production team. Depending on them using sentai footage or newly film footage the shield will differ.

Yeah, angled downward was the original sentai show. When shipping the costumes over, the original shield got damaged, so they made a VERY cheap, fabric one. Being fabric, it was pretty poofy. It stuck straight out, or, in some cases, would even angle upward. I never paid much attention past the White Ranger season, but I think later Green Ranger stuff had a shield made that resembled the original sentai shield, but kept the fabric "straight out" look.

I guess it makes sense that it's the straight out look, since these are obviously MMPR figures, and not Zyurangers, but the angled downward shield definitely looks better. Thinking of getting just the Green Ranger, and if I do, the helmet is never coming off. It'll just be Burai to me.

1:6 Goldar, Rita, Lord Zedd- even Ivan Ooze and the Movie suits now seem quite possible. ThreeZero made great movie Turtles so they should have no problem tackling MMPR monsters. I just hope the market is there. I’d really love some civilian clothing Rangers To put in the Morphin’ pose but that would surely have to be a custom job.

Really? I always thought there were 2 shields. The angled downwards were from the original sentai footage and the straight out ones were made by the US production team. Depending on them using sentai footage or newly film footage the shield will differ.

Yeah, angled downward was the original sentai show. When shipping the costumes over, the original shield got damaged, so they made a VERY cheap, fabric one. Being fabric, it was pretty poofy. It stuck straight out, or, in some cases, would even angle upward. I never paid much attention past the White Ranger season, but I think later Green Ranger stuff had a shield made that resembled the original sentai shield, but kept the fabric "straight out" look.

I guess it makes sense that it's the straight out look, since these are obviously MMPR figures, and not Zyurangers, but the angled downward shield definitely looks better. Thinking of getting just the Green Ranger, and if I do, the helmet is never coming off. It'll just be Burai to me.

There are tow different shields and significant difference besides just the slope of the shoulders.

The one worn by JDF had this horizontal big coming off the diamond before curving up to the shoulder, which to me always looked goof, especially when the episodes mixed in the original suit.

ydqRhh7.jpg

HmEWEGT.jpg

You can also tell, the original looks like it's foam latex or something along those lines where the JDF version is just cloth with stuffing to pad it.

slSkC9t.jpg

It looks like even Ace Toyz goes straight on the shoulder.

PR-GN-03__44412.1578199049.jpg

Accurate or not, seems like the trend is to go straight in an almost "this is what it should have looked like on the show" approach, treating the slope like it was a production flaw.

So I went ahead and ordered the set of 6 from SSC. I had a $25.00 off coupon, and had a could dollars in rewards. So instead of paying $61.75 a month for 8 months. I am only paying $57.86 a month for 8 months.

Love these! My priority is Trini, followed by Jason and Kim. Ideally I'd like to get Billy and Zack to round out the team. While I doubt much will be made outside of Mighty Morphin, there are rangers and teams later in the franchise that I'd love to see get this treatment.

I still hope they tweak them a bit. Certain parts look strange to me, and they look a little too stylized. But I've waited a long time for a line like this, and at that price I'm willing to accept they may not be perfect.

Love these! My priority is Trini, followed by Jason and Kim. Ideally I'd like to get Billy and Zack to round out the team. While I doubt much will be made outside of Mighty Morphin, there are rangers and teams later in the franchise that I'd love to see get this treatment.

Out of all the Rangers, Trini looks the best for some reason in terms of proportions in my opinion.

Trini is my favorite as well, it's so sad her actress Thuy Trang, died so young.

Back