1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think the helmets seem a little too small, they look about the size of a 1/6 human head on a figure, which is small because the helmets should look large enough to be over a 1/6 human head.

The Green Ranger looks fantastic and I hope that's legit. Hopefully it doesn't take long for him to go up for order either. My top wants from this license are White and Green Rangers, Goldar and Lord Zedd.

Man, I was thinking I don't want these, but Goldar would be awesome on the shelf. At least these may be pretty cheap going by their GI Joe figures. But if they have full heads, that'll be great and also def bring the price up.

Wow, just spent some time on Three Zero's website, they have come a long way from just being a clothes and accessories company. I still have several of their SDU sets around here somewhere. The pricing does look pretty good going off their GI Joe figures.

After years of no good 1/6 Rangers (other than $$$ customs) how could I not jump all in on the Acetoyz and I love having them on the shelf warts and all, but these definitely take it to another level. Hopefully they will address the helmet size as MaulFan pointed out but I'm still in even if the don't. Hell I'd even be in for a 1/12 scale line of Rangers as well.

I would say it is a bit more than just a teaser, It sounds like the product preorder may be coming in the next couple days.

From the news report on them, it sounds like $129.99 - $149.99 Each will be the price point
and that they will be available on the Hasbro Pulse website.

In all honesty, I am just glad Hasbro decided to partner with someone else to make 1/6 Rangers
instead of trying to do it themselves... they would not be nearly this nice looking if Hasbro were making them, lol.

I would say it is a bit more than just a teaser, It sounds like the product preorder may be coming in the next couple days.

From the news report on them, it sounds like $129.99 - $149.99 Each will be the price point

In all honesty, I am just glad Hasbro decided to partner with someone else to make 1/6 Rangers
instead of trying to do it themselves... they would not be nearly this nice looking if Hasbro were making them, lol.

Yeah they seem to be teaming up with Threezero/Figzero to do their IPs. They're also doing G.I. Joe with them and they're also priced at $150 so these will probably be the same price range.

I'll most likely pick up Red + Green Ranger and maybe White if they go that far. Would be cool to have the entire team together but don't think I care enough to spend $750+ for that setup.

I would LOVE to have a Lord Zedd though. Long shot they do him but it would be great to get a villian with these.

Wow this thread got active quick and this was just a teaser of product :lol

While it's a teaser, it's all 5 original rangers and appears to be at least the Green as well, so they're already pretty deep into development, not like showing a logo for the license or a silhouette of a single figure.

Oh crumbs, haven’t even opened my Green or White AceToyz figures yet and now this news drops in December of all months- the worst time to contemplate the prospect of blowing the best part of a grand on a collection I thought I was done with! I’ve just got to have the best version of the team though. I merely hope they space out the releases but odds are they’ll be available as a box set.

Where might one find the news about these figures? I would like to follow if there's a online source. I couldn't find any addition info on their website or Hasbro's.

Got the Ace Toyz figures and am happy with them. But I?m excited to see these and will most likely go all in on them.

There's room for interpretation with these. The original Japanese Yellow Ranger was male, which is why the stock footage used in the U.S. release doesn't look right for Trini to be in the suit.

I wonder if these figures are going to include unmasked portraits among the accessories.

I doubt ThreeZero will include unmasked portraits.

But I really hope they do - then i could justify double-dipping since I already bought the Ace Toyz set (which I just opened a couple weeks ago).

What bad timing on my part. :slap

I would think the license includes unmasked portraits since they did them for the hasbro figures, but they will probably want to keep the price down.

Aren't the unmasked portraits what makes them the Power Rangers? Otherwise, they're just the Super Sentai.
I doubt ThreeZero will spend the time and money to sculpt unmasked heads (not to mention is there's a fee for likeness rights), but it would be a nice inclusion to further differentiate their line from Ace Toyz.

Pretty sure likeness are covered under the license, they've been using their faces, regardless of quality, since the 90s, Hasbro's latest works are pretty good likenesses for the scale, so I'd say if ThreeZero wanted to include them, it wouldn't be an issue of paying the actors, just a matter of putting in the time to do the work and get them approved.

Think it's less of them being able to and more so that they don't want to deal with sculpting 5-6 head sculpts, painting them and getting them all approved by Hasbro. It's just easier to produce these without having to worry about that sort of thing. 99% chance that these won't have head sculpts but I'd like to be wrong.

I hear ya, especially when things like the male suits can be a single pattern just applied to different color fabrics, lots of room to recycle work and cut down costs.

Back