1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think the Pink Ranger by Threezero is more designed like Kat’s Ranger than Kimberly with the longer limbed proportioned body and bigger helmet :lecture

I think it’s just a matter of using standard bodies and wouldn’t read too much into it. A lot of people took issue with how tall the ThreeZero Scully was compared to Mulder, there’s only so exact you can get.

131466492_5659639080728540_3279240026258701507_o.jpg

131754330_5659639477395167_6821504725191757778_o.jpg

Goooo Greeeen Raaaangerrrrr, GO!!

Those pics are already making me glad I bought the full set on top of already owning all the Ace Toyz. If AT go and announce the movie suits next then it’s gonna be a really tough resist but I’ll have to keep the faith that 3-0 will also produce them. They’d probably have to be at least $150 per figure due to the more complicated armour.

In looking at the pictures of these ThreeZero Rangers, one thing I really appreciate about the Ace Toyz versions is how "dirty" the white gloves and boots look on them. While some may prefer the clean white on the ThreeZero Rangers, the dirty-looking Ace Toyz versions are much more accurate to how they often looked in the show.

I can confirm that the green ranger shield angles down slightly on the Ace Toyz version. It also doesn't have those weird angles coming off to the left and right of the diamond. Threezero tapered it off a bit, but it's still not quite accurate. Also, the curves on the top of the shield shouldn't be as raised as they are on the Threezero version.

I know these are nitpicky details, but the shield on the green ranger is what made him so cool looking. All these little details add up enough that it affects the overall look of the figure.

Ace Toyz is much more accurate imo (minus the silver morpher and no tassel on the sword of darkness). They nailed the shield on the green ranger, which was the most important part. I still might get these Threezero ones though because they look good even while not being completely accurate.

I can confirm that the green ranger shield angles down slightly on the Ace Toyz version. It also doesn't have those weird angles coming off to the left and right of the diamond. Threezero tapered it off a bit, but it's still not quite accurate. Also, the curves on the top of the shield shouldn't be as raised as they are on the Threezero version.

I know these are nitpicky details, but the shield on the green ranger is what made him so cool looking. All these little details add up enough that it affects the overall look of the figure.

Ace Toyz is much more accurate imo (minus the silver morpher and no tassel on the sword of darkness). They nailed the shield on the green ranger, which was the most important part. I still might get these Threezero ones though because they look good even while not being completely accurate.

Honestly im going to have to disagree with you on this one. For me, the shield on the Ace Toyz figure is one of the worst parts of the figure. While it does have a very minor taper, it is nowhere near as noticeable as the downward angle on the real thing that leaves it flush with the stuntman's shoulders.

Also the shield on the Ace Toys figure is massively large and sticks out way too much. I seriously considered taking an exacto knife to the end to trim it down a bit. The real shield doesn't stick out much farther than the actor's frame. Thier's looks like it was streched out.

unnamed.jpgimages.jpg

I will preorder though the length of the pink ranger skirt is not at all accurate, and really off putting. Also the height of pink ranger and yellow ranger is not accurate and they should be shorter. Though I cant find a full set of ace toys so this may have to be my only choice

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I just received my Ace Toyz Green and White Ranger. I haven't opened both yet as I thought of selling these and get the Threezero instead.

In your opinion which looks more accurate and better between the 2 companies?

What's up with the black lining on the helmets? The ace toys had it as well. I don't remember that from the show or am i remembering wrong.

I was fine passing on Dragon Shield Red, but I ran across it on BBTS again today, and FOMO kicked in. Kinda tempted to cancel my regular red and just keep Dragon red. I'm sure it's exactly the same figure minus the gold parts and the extra dagger and sheath anyway....

Back