1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered the set, great price! My guess is we'll see more from this line if Hasbro has anything to say about it, especially if the pre-orders/sells go well.
b1e1f4b7-8b40-4fa2-bb68-6ef0422c1d3d.jpg

I'd love to go all in, but my most wanted figures add up to 4-5 figures which is a lot of money and space, I can't treat this line like $10 figures from Walmart.

I figure if the bills not due till 3rd Qtr 2021 I got plenty of time to make room in my collection and my budget. My AT set will be heading to ebay next year so that will free up the display space and help with the cost. Unless they move on to SPD I'm not going much deeper than the White Ranger, Alpha and Lord Zedd, but if they do stop here I'll be happy with the original Power Ranger team on my shelf.

When it comes to 1/6, I weigh out how much value I get for my toy photography along with shelf presence and personal meaning. Outside of Jason and Tommy, the rest of the team doesn't hold a big enough personal meaning to give up the shelf space or money, and for photography, group shots with 1/6 are quite a challenge and individual shots of the others wouldn't do much for me either. I'd get more value having more of the villain characters to pit a few heroes against and the villain designs are more diverse and interesting to look at.

Oh cool. I already have a couple of the Ace Toyz figures but I might get a couple of these too and mix and match.

Here's a comparison between the Ace Rangers and the Zero Rangers:

Ace Toyz:
OJWic3r.png

ThreeZero:
lT8wYl1.png

I think Ace's green ranger is more accurate overall, while ThreeZero's is more stylized and premium looking. 3-0 made their visor meaner, their shield shinier, their gem flashier, their lines darker. Their proportions are taller, making the shield farther from the belt.
Kind of an idealized interpretation more than an accurate one. All in all I do find it an appealing interpretation regardless. People more concerned with accuracy to the actual sentai might prefer the ace green, but they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

What's funny is that we now have two companies making high quality 1/6 ranger figures and neither of them have figured out that the green ranger's morpher is supposed to be a special gold, rather than the normal silver.

VzZ4eVJl.jpg

(I haven't looked at the other rangers in enough detail to make an assessment of them in comparison to ace)
Edit: ThreeZero's pink skirt is waaaay longer than it should be

Well I just had to buy the whole set and paid upfront. Oh to be in the US where it’d only cost me $100 per figure but that somehow translates to ?99 each. ?500 for the set of 6 is a very good deal though. Guess I’m gonna have to shift my Ace Toys set now. I was so impressed with them but people always pointing out the inaccuracies in the helmets, Green Ranger’s oversized shield and tassel-less sword, extremely delicate weapons that fee like hollow 3D prints, the larger scaled bodies and less saturated tones of their suits did leave room for an upgrade which is hopefully what threezero will give us.
Shame about no headsculpts; that would’ve been the only way to make me want to hold onto the AT set but I’m glad I stand a chance at recouping some money after today. I wake up to find these Rangers, Moff Gideon and Billy Butcher all up for PO and had to pay off my immense X-Mas credit card bill so this has genuinely been the most expensive day of my life and just about blew my entire collecting budget for the month in one fell swoop.

What's interesting about the morpher is Hasbro had it right on the solo release figure.

E8966_DIO_PRG_MMPR_Green_Ranger_01328_Online_300DPI_2000x.jpg

So i'm curious who reviews things, if Hasbro is involved or not, because you would figure if the approvals run through the same people, there would be some consistency.

I finally received and opened up my Ace Toyz Green Ranger last month (after pre-ordering him in April 2018!), so I'm very surprised that I hadn't heard about these figures until I randomly came across them on Facebook today!

I like my Ace Toyz Green Ranger figure a lot, but it has its share of issues (his ankle joints are comically loose, the scabbard for his dagger is extremely cheap material, and I broke a wrist peg inside one of the hands trying to get him into the flute playing pose) and I am SHOCKED at that $100 price point for the ThreeZero figures! It's so low that I'm considering picking up a ThreeZero Green Ranger just to compare it to my Ace Toyz version!

After years of no good, quality rangers I've enjoyed having the AT rangers in my collection, they look awesome in my Detolf. The biggest factor for me wanting to upgrade is the bodies seems off, the arms and legs are too long. If it was possible to do a body swap I would probably pass on the 3-0 version. I also like the 3-0 blasters morphing better than storing the gun and blade version separate. I hope they keep the bodies on the smaller side since they are teenagers.

I almost ordered one of the AT figures over the summer but when I went over my budget, it didn't work, and I've been hoping they might still be around when I got into a position to grab some, and this is a very welcome surprise.

i never liked any of the bodies on the GOT figures. debating if im gonna take a chance on these. i think ace toyz did a great job on theirs

I might be in for the whole set. I didn't have any personal attachment to any of the characters, so it's kind of an all or none kind of feel for me. I honestly hated Tommy in the show when I was a kid lol, if I skipped anyone it would be the Green/White Ranger. I was always so annoyed when they teased the White Ranger reveal for a bit and it was just Tommy again.

When was the last time you could get officially licensed sixth scale figures for a Benjamin?

I’m down for red at this price point, and double dip for the armored release.

I just looked on eBay and it looks like they used the Snow body with some arm and leg padding maybe, never owned any 3-0 figures so I can't say one way or the other.

I'd be afraid of what SSC wants for shipping when they charge over 20 dollars to ship one figure, this is my first pre order from BBTS and I'm lovin' the 4 dollar flat shipping on a 6 pack.

Green Ranger will be my first non-Star Wars 1/6 figure. Power Rangers was the first TV show I ever watched.

Back