1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asta! First, congratulations! Second, awesome work... and really fast work!

Thanks. :)

It didn't take nearly as long as I expected.

So QUESTIONS:

1) you mentioned extending his height. Is there a reason to do that, is her too short? I'm actually not sure how tall he's supposed to be.

He probably is a bit short. The actor is likely 5' 11" (but also recorded elsewhere as 6' 2").

I mentioned it as an option because his boots would cover any ankle extensions and the skirt is long enough to taken the extra height.

I didn't bother change anything in the end.

2) is there any way to remove the diecast 929 emblem from the holster belt and add the chains instead? I really want both but if I have to choose I think I'd go with the chains.

You can take the holsters off the belt and put them on the belt that holds the chain decoration.

The holsters are actually moulded plastic.

Since you mentioned it, I tried it.

It works, but I thought it looked a bit 'busy'.

The bars across the skull interfere with his right hand revolver, so you have to move the holster further away. It was a lot of metal combined with the guns, and while it covered the arms of the crotch grabber, it didn't look right to me.

Cool, thanks!

I was looking at ref and it seems he only wears the "chains" during the "water ceremony" in the beginning. In fact, interesting bit, the design with chains is supposed to represent the flowing waterfalls that he releases -- so that belt is more ceremonial I suppose. It's for Water Day.

So two looks for Joe:
1) Hunter
2) Ceremonial Overlord

Cool, thanks!

I was looking at ref and it seems he only wears the "chains" during the "water ceremony" in the beginning. In fact, interesting bit, the design with chains is supposed to represent the flowing waterfalls that he releases -- so that belt is more ceremonial I suppose. It's for Water Day.

So two looks for Joe:
1) Hunter
2) Ceremonial Overlord

I went through screencaps this morning, because I thought he only wore it for the 'ceremony'. I expected to see him with the mace too, but it wasn't in that scene.

https://movie-screencaps.com/mad-max-fury-road-2015/page/4
Didn't know about the symbolism of the chains.

Great job on the review and the upgrades, Asta! I'll definitely be following your steps.

Mine is still in route. Hasn't hit the USPS center in Georgia yet. Appears to still be stuck at JFK.

Yeah, I hope the head comes off easily as I would like to futz the body without having to worry about the head/hair.

I didn't even attempt to remove the head as everything seemed pretty much secure before attaching the mask.

I worked with the hair a bit using water, then put the mask on and worked the hair around it.

The mohair type material is quite thick, so I ended up pushing a lot of it back behind him.

Also have to tape down those loose chest chains while working; they'll make me crazy.

Funny you should say that, because they're already taped down in the box.

I hope the chest armor can be pushed down a bit. Looks like it is floating. That would also help with the padding around the middle.

The armour does push right down, though the pauldrons ride high compared to his shoulders, but it's masked by his hair and the hoses.

Wor-Gar said:
All in all though, the face, the boils all over, the details, the outfit bits -- Premier really did an amazing job on something that has so many ways to fall apart or for a company to cheap out on.

I still can't get over how well he turned out.

He's not perfect, but there's enough right that it's worthwhile tinkering with the things you can.

I get the feeling that the team behind this cared for the character, but there are little things they missed such as dropping the medal too low, or not adding more belly padding.

Yet, with the detail they added to the body, the higher quality hair, the chromed die-cast revolvers, the metal mace (which is listed as copper, which is hard to believe), the extra skull decoration and belt to create the second look, and general overall complexity, he feels a step above the usual third party quality and tending more towards custom territory.

A full custom would've ironed out the little inaccuracies, but the price would've shot up. For the money this is a really impressive and unique looking figure, with so much going on that the inaccuracies that can't be easily fixed don't really matter at all.

I try to limit secondary characters in my collection due to space, but this guy was too over the top cool to pass up. I also had a Max and Furiosa which I upgraded, so I knew these three would look great together. Still waiting for a worthy Mel Gibson Max to add.
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG

The Immortan has arrived!

Can't add much that hasn't been said. GREAT figure for the price. Premier Toys really did a solid job. This will be a lot of fun to futz.

Two nits:
1) my silver chain somehow unhooked itself from its ring on the "badge"... it is an easy fix though. I found the piece of tape that was probably supposed to secure it stuck to the plastic bag around the hand.

2) one half of a shoulder bell unglued from the chest armor, but again an easy fix.

NOTE: I popped my head off very easily -- so no worries as to removing it for detail futzing work. For now I pushed it back into place.

Very quick out-of-box pictures, NO futzing...

Face COMP.jpg

icon 1.jpg

The Immortan has arrived!

Can't add much that hasn't been said. GREAT figure for the price. Premier Toys really did a solid job. This will be a lot of fun to futz.

Two nits:
1) my silver chain somehow unhooked itself from its ring on the "badge"... it is an easy fix though. I found the piece of tape that was probably supposed to secure it stuck to the plastic bag around the hand.

2) one half of a shoulder bell unglued from the chest armor, but again an easy fix.

NOTE: I popped my head off very easily -- so no worries as to removing it for detail futzing work. For now I pushed it back into place.

Very quick out-of-box pictures, NO futzing...

View attachment 581692

View attachment 581693
He is looking gruesomely good.

Looking forward to receiving mine soon! It has left JFK and working it's way South...

Just got back to town to”no joe”?!?!

He went from NY to Ga…flew right over me….and still sitting in GA?

Mine landed and immediately took off from Georgia. I figure tomorrow he does a touch and go in Orlando and arrives in Minas Miami by Wednesday. I should have it then or Thursday, at the latest.

I got mine today and am SUPER impressed. Clearly this figure was an act of devotion. Like for example the custom casting of the upper chest to include the boils. Lots of amazing details everywhere. As with others, parts needed to be reglued upon opening, and I plan on painting/weathering much of this figure over the summer. Straight out of the box, it's an 8.5 out of 10, and this could easily be made into a 10 with just some paint

I got mine today and am SUPER impressed. Clearly this figure was an act of devotion. Like for example the custom casting of the upper chest to include the boils. Lots of amazing details everywhere. As with others, parts needed to be reglued upon opening, and I plan on painting/weathering much of this figure over the summer. Straight out of the box, it's an 8.5 out of 10, and this could easily be made into a 10 with just some paint

In a sea of third party mediocrity, there occasionally rises to the surface a figure who surprises you because they're far beyond being...

d86cd857ba25cfb7576f66e5f26b8844.jpg

:yess:

Back