1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to ask them to hold it until you return. Or perhaps a neighbor could pick up your mail (and packages) and hold for you?
Oh someone will be around to receive it.

But I wont be able to open it till end of next week due to work.

giphy.gif

Hey all, I'm pretty late to the party on these Fury Road figs. Any suggestions on a seller that has them (Max, Furiosa, Joe) for reasonable prices or am I stuck with the secondary market? Thanks for any help!

Joe arrived, and I've just unboxed him.

The figure is far beyond my realistic expectations at pre-order, based on my experience with their Max.

Even the stand has printed graphics, rather than the usual bubbled sticker third parties put on their bases. The name 'Warlord' isn't too bad either since it's quite fitting. Better than when companies make up meaningless or confusing names, like VTS annoyingly putting 'Black Skull' on their Black Mask base!

Either the Premier team had a steep learning curve, or they handed this one to a more experienced 'company'.

His left pauldron was loose in the box, with the glue having already given way, but that's an easy fix.

The two plastic Kenner/Hasbro 12" figure style ties look like they're there to hold the bellows in place and prevent it dropping backwards. I think once his hair's futzed they won't be that noticeable.

The skirt's quite long, and the wires are a bit of nuisance because you have to futz it as opposed to letting it drape naturally. But good for dynamic or windy poses!

Because the skirt's long and he's wearing boots he's a good candidate for ankle extensions to give him more height.

Now I have to work out my plan of attack. Feels like there's a lot to do.

I glued the pauldron back on, then started on what I think is the first thing to do: give him more of a gut.

The gun belt is fastened with Velcro, but the other (plastic) belt is glued in place at the front on the left hand side as you look at him (Joe's right). It keys into a small square recess.

Removing the belts is the easiest way to try and push some padding up under the fat suit, because that padding is tight. I had to use two pairs of tweezers: one to hold the padding open and the other to stuff the wadding under it.

It worked pretty well because now the fat suit pushes the armour forwards so he looks bulkier.

It also creates another problem though. The belt plastic is too short - either to where it was, or lower down where I want to place it. What I'll do is cut it through at the back and refasten it with electrical tape once I have it in the correct position.

There's also a small gap between the armour and the belt of the 'skirt' where the stock white padding shows, so I'll wrap some of leftover material from my Tusken Raider bash around him, which should be closer to this:

Immortan Joe.jpg

EDIT:

In fact I didn't need to tape the belt together at the back because the two ends tuck up under the armour. I'm liking how these alterations are changing Joe's appearance.

Last edited:
The medal that was placed too low in relation to the others peeled off using a pair of flat headed tweezers.

The metal part broke away from the ribbon, and it looks like it was pegged through the ribbon into the armour. A little bit of the peg was still on the armour afterwards, but this is okay since it's covered up once the medal's repositioned.

As Random_R commented, the hair isn't the usual cheap doll hair.

It's more like mohair, or the material Hot Toys used on their Planet of the Apes gorillas. It isn't as clingy as that though, unfortunately, so you have to work it with water.

Third Party Figure of the Year right here!

Those are words I wouldn't have betted on saying after my trials with Premier's Max. :lol

100_2472.JPG

The mask slipped a bit here:

100_2474.JPG

At the back you see how far the plastic belt had to be spread due to the added gut and effect of lowering it:

100_2475.JPG

The knotted material is the piece I added around his waist to fill the gap.

The hose magnets don't attach perfectly flat, but are still strong enough to hold.

Awesome! I should get mine this coming week. Man, Furiosa needs some height. I have her but haven't worked on her.

Awesome! I should get mine this coming week. Man, Furiosa needs some height. I have her but haven't worked on her.

Yes, VTS' Furiosa is such an anomaly.

As she stands (which isn't very high!) she's well detailed but petite. I love her as is, but she just isn't scaled at 1/6.

I've never been motivated enough to scale her up, so always think of her as 'Teen Furiosa'.

tf.png

Kit just sent me my tracker. I plan on modding the hell out of this when it arrives. Very excited to get this in hand! I did nothing to my vts max; I did port my furiosa to taller body and oiled up her forehead. I will do up photo shoot of my three fury road figures when done...

Everyone’s pics and Kit having him back up for preorder finally talked me into ordering Joe. Was waiting to see how he turned out before pulling that trigger but he seemed sold out out the usual places by the time pics started showing up so I’m glad Kit is getting more. Makes me hope we get the Bullet Farmer, Guitar Player or any of the other over the top and crazy designed characters. Max and Furiosa were actually some of the tamer looking characters :lol

Asta! First, congratulations! Second, awesome work... and really fast work!

I wish you took a before and after picture of the 'waist enlargement'. That seems like the most complicated work to be done, but maybe the most important.

So QUESTIONS:

1) you mentioned extending his height. Is there a reason to do that, is her too short? I'm actually not sure how tall he's supposed to be.

2) is there any way to remove the diecast 929 emblem from the holster belt and add the chains instead? I really want both but if I have to choose I think I'd go with the chains.

Back