1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Joe arrives in unfortunate condition. Not sure if I got a lemon or what…

Right shoulder armor totally detached and floating in the box, which I guess Incan fix, but he seems to be missing alot of hair on his head, hes got a pretty obvious bald spot right in the front of his head.

Checking with kit to see if they can do an exchange.

Right shoulder armor totally detached and floating in the box, which I guess Incan fix, but he seems to be missing alot of hair on his head, hes got a pretty obvious bald spot right in the front of his head.

Would like to see pics. I did not see anything obviously wrong with mine, but I kind of miss crap on first inspection.

That hair issue sounds bad... :horror Real annoying when you're looking forward to something so much only to be instantly disappointed upon arrival... Hope you can get replacement.

Hell yeah, that looks great! Slit would make a great figure

DNxV.gif
Thank you! :D
I'm almost done with this head sculpt version of Slit. Thinking of making another one with a more neutral face....
Also working on a Coma Doof warrior.

Attachments

• Slit 19.jpg
    Slit 19.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Slit left side.jpg
    Slit left side.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 0
  • Slit right side.jpg
    Slit right side.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Coma Doof Warrior.jpg
    Coma Doof Warrior.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
After reading about these issues, I went back to check out my figure and in the process figured that I might as well start to set him up.

No issues with the hair (it is completely full on mine, thank goodness) and nothing was found detached. The only issue I had was that when I was checking out the different hands (it is great that each hand has its own peg) I had the figure on the stand and all of sudden I hear a "Crack!" sound come from the figure. It turned out to be the stand breaking. The plastic upright piece that you slide the metal crotch grabber into, had split in half, about halfway through. I was going to get some super-glue and see about gluing it back together but then got another idea...

Immortan Joe 1.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

I found a spare display base/stand and swapped out the stand pieces. I don't plan on displaying the chain-mail buckle this way but for the time being, it will do.

I still need to work on his hair and do all of the previous posted updates but I'm still very impressed with this figure.

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

Their QC and quality seems to be hit and miss. Minus the patch under the eye that came scuffed.

He's super cool I noticed on a review guy mentions the plastic screw cover on arm is missing. However mine is fully wrapped in cloth.
20220611_221835.jpg
20220611_221815.jpg

Damn, I WISH my hair looked like you guys did…

I got the cancer victim version. Clearly mine is a issue.

I just hope Kit can do something about it because its really really bad….

F8F8AD2F-EA69-45D2-94C8-39BC383C9985.jpeg

5D5B992E-4709-459B-8104-FB6714B5663F.jpeg

F169A195-6A89-4992-A985-F73566E771A0.jpeg

Attachments

• 75B9E053-7E8D-47E8-9E5E-5DA899894148.jpeg
    75B9E053-7E8D-47E8-9E5E-5DA899894148.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 105822F0-CEB9-46A2-BBA4-3058D6B5BC88.jpeg
    105822F0-CEB9-46A2-BBA4-3058D6B5BC88.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
See, now I have to really look at mine. In the box it sort of looked like they pony-tailed the hair which made it look full. I'll take him out today or tomorrow and really take a look.

That's the strangest "variant" I've ever seen. You can even see how they punched the hair in.

Almost looks deliberate. Also, as Luis said, it looks creepy -- like real thinning hair.

Yeah while not accurate for the character, it’s actually kind of cool looking. Combined with his face and maybe a bit of grime, it would make for a great zombie head.

I had to come back here and say that I'm really impressed with this figure. I haven't had a chance to work on the hair, let alone any of the mods yet, but it really is an overall cool looking figure straight out of the box.

I can't have it on display alone, so I'm moving my "Max" figure to the front of the update queue. Furiosa requires more work, so she'll follow him.

Not sure if it is just my figure, but it has been releasing that great new figure scent for the last couple of days. That is another plus! :wink1:

Last edited:
Trying to figure what glue to use on the leather part to re attach it to the cloth…..

Trying to figure what glue to use on the leather part to re attach it to the cloth…..

Do you mean the leather strap on the shoulder armour that was detached?

I've been using Bostik All-Purpose Clear Glue for all manner of repairs.

It's the stringy kind that can get everywhere if you're not careful, so I apply it with the point of the pen top clip. It's tacky so it grips right away, while allowing you to adjust the placement of the parts.

Bostik-DIY-All-purpose-United-Kingdom-Packshot-600x600.jpg

I like to use loctite ultra gel glue. It doesn't bleed and most of anything stays put after applying.

Back