1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing figure!!! :blissy
Just got him today, thanks to Kit and his fast shipping! (Much appreciated by the way)
He looks really great without much futzing. My biggest complaint is that the body they used is way too thin and he wears some standard white belly padding underneath his plastic armor... :slap
But apart from that definitely a win!
What were some of the questions? ... the head comes off fairly easily. Real easy actually but not that easy that you'd worry about it falling off on it's own.
My mask sits pretty well and doesn't fall off when posing the figure.
And the hair didn't fall out when styling him a bit. But I didn't comb him like a barbie doll either ;)
Also, he's 29,5 centimeters tall. Without the hair...
I'm pretty happy with him. Really glad I bought him!!! :love:

Attachments

• DSCI1681.JPG
    DSCI1681.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCI1682.JPG
    DSCI1682.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 0
Just got him today, thanks to Kit and his fast shipping! (Much appreciated by the way)
He looks really great without much futzing. My biggest complaint is that the body they used is way too thin and he wears some standard white belly padding underneath his plastic armor... :slap
What were some of the questions? ... the head comes off fairly easily. Real easy actually but not that easy that you'd worry about it falling off on it's own.
And the hair didn't fall out when styling him a bit. But I didn't comb him like a barbie doll either ;)

Looks really good, and thanks for the review.

Glad to hear that yours is another that doesn't suffer from premature hair loss.

Makes me feel less concerned now!

Mine has landed in JFK airport. I hope to have him in hand in week or less.

This has been one figure where the initial reviews have been very positive.

Even though I have a Furiosa and Max, I would love to see newer/upgraded versions released soon.

Looks really good, and thanks for the review.

Glad to hear that yours is another that doesn't suffer from premature hair loss.

Makes me feel less concerned now!

Yeah, the hair looks surprisingly good. And it really doesn't feel cheap at all.
I think someone mentioned that you could reglue the hairpiece from the inside. But when I removed the head, I wasn't able to see the hair from the inside, so... even if one receives a figure with loose hair, that isn't an option, I think. But I'm no expert on that.

Awesome ID name too, Random_Retard!

Thank you! :giggle: (y)
Retard all the way! :rock
;)

I added a picture with Immortan and my custom Max and Furiosa figures. Furiosa is on a TBLeague S17b body. Always wanted to try the 23b body for her but never got around to it....

Also... that one badge on his chest (the lower left one in the picture) is an easy fix but it misses the silver metal piece at the top. The one on the right side... not so much. I was afraid of breaking it... Glued rather well to the plastic armor... But I might try it again at some point...

Attachments

• Say cheese!.JPG
    Say cheese!.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
I see, you lowered the one badge rather than raise the low-hanging green one. Interesting.

Here's another question for all -- I keep seeing these looped wires (see below) that are familiar to those who used to collect Hasbro Star Wars 12 inchers... but are they supposed to be there, or are they to be removed? They look like wires to secure the figure but are not attached to the packaging.

remove wires or no.jpg

I see, you lowered the one badge rather than raise the low-hanging green one. Interesting.

But Joe wears them like that...no? You think it's no good?

Now that I look at the figure and the original costume side by side... it's obvious that they messed the badges up quite a bit...

Here's another question for all -- I keep seeing these looped wires (see below) that are familiar to those who used to collect Hasbro Star Wars 12 inchers... but are they supposed to be there, or are they to be removed? They look like wires to secure the figure but are not attached to the packaging.

My first reaction was to remove them as well. But then I decided not to... They hold the hoses down and are directly attached to the plastic armor piece. There are even 2 small holes drilled into the armor to attach them.

Attachments

• Immortan Badges #.jpg
    Immortan Badges #.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 0

That's exactly what they reminded me of too.

There doesn't look to be anything like that on the actual costume:

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Immortan-Joe-Shoulder-Armor.jpg

They are glued in place. I'd think that it'll differ from figure to figure but on mine the lower left badge was quite easy to remove. I tried to remove two others as well but I was afraid I'd break them. So definitely not glued lightly in my case.

Your styling on the hair is literally perfect…..

Mine has landed in JFK airport. I hope to have him in hand in week or less.

This has been one figure where the initial reviews have been very positive.

Even though I have a Furiosa and Max, I would love to see newer/upgraded versions released soon.
Mine landed in JFK yesterday also….

So since I am on the east coast, probably be early next week, which of course it would, as I will be out if town…

Its my curse. 90% of my 1/6 collection arrives on a day I leave …..

I am not that concerned with those badges…such a minor detail , Adding or subtracting is not going to affect the look that much.

Great photos!

Your styling on the hair is literally perfect…..

Great photos!

Thank you very much, both of you! :wave
I'm not really good with cameras and styling, so I really appreciate it ^^

I really hope this figure gives me the kick in the butt that I need to finally start working on my other Mad Max customs again... I'm really great at starting stuff.... just not so good at finishing anything...

Mine landed in JFK yesterday also….

So since I am on the east coast, probably be early next week, which of course it would, as I will be out if town…

Its my curse. 90% of my 1/6 collection arrives on a day I leave …..

I am not that concerned with those badges…such a minor detail , Adding or subtracting is not going to affect the look that much.
You should be able to ask them to hold it until you return. Or perhaps a neighbor could pick up your mail (and packages) and hold for you?

Back