1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This...:lecture (quoting Asta's post)

As I mature into collecting 1:6th scale (since 2008)--I find my-self way more willing to take the plunge to touch-up and mod my figures....

For the Warlord I plan:

slight touch of red-orange under the bottom eye-lids
either pastel or dry brushing the tubing (needs to be more sand coloured to add depth)
re-position the too low badge on his left breast
weather the gun holders
add a neck scarf
attempt to widen the body (not sure about this one...)
attempt to remove the plastic body armour and add more thinned out orange wash on the interior--more like the promo-photos)
futz his hair
re work and apply spray on acrylic matt finish

In a sea of third party mediocrity, there occasionally rises to the surface a figure who surprises you because they're far beyond being...

:yess:
1654644586511.gif

After no updates since the 3rd it's now "Out for Delivery.":yess: Sadly, won't be able to really check it out until the weekend.:poop:

Mine arrived today, looked like it got punted on the fragile sticker but the inside box was barely dented fortunately

LcvMfcL.jpg

My belt was rolling around loose inside, looks like it ripped. Should be gluable though, will rock the chains in the meantime
SJB36UA.jpg

The figure itself is excellent, will take a bit of touch up work here or there but there is more than enough to work with
EdKGYja.jpg

8BgyMKC.jpg

HVnFMN0.jpg

He does need some girth. He is too slender. This will be fun to work with; until I break him.

Yeah, my short list is thickening him up a bit, diffusing the color on the chest piece, working in the hair maybe thinning and a bit of dark wash, and all around touch ups and weathering

I wont clog the whole thread but I went through the bluray and captured pretty much every Joe shot in nice high res, here's the album-

I'm not sure how imgur displays them anymore but if you right click view in new tab or download them you can see them full size

Few choice shots

I can see that the position of the top belt changes quite a bit from scene to scene.

When he's wearing the ceremonial belt it's tucked up high, and also sometimes when wearing the gun belt. Other times, as in the photo I used for reference, it's slipped down below his gut.

Immortan Joe.jpg

Maybe he was using it more as a corset than as lumber support? :lol

Yeah, tough to solve that entirely. Even a mild padding isn't quite as girthy as the actor is. It would take some serious rebuilding to get his midsection to be as bulging.

Maybe heating and widening the clear armor would allow for more padding on his "gut wrap"?

He also has a large metal lumbar support thing on his back that shows quite clearly for those doing serious modding. Pretty simple to build that out and slide it up into the armor.

I noticed Premier also has that Star on his left bicep in the wrong place -- on his tricep instead. That needs to be moved too.

Here's that back panel --

madmax-furyroad-movie-screencaps.com-1448.jpg

This is my idea, but then the body would have to widen up some too.:unsure:

Yes, but if you focus on fattening up the lower portion, you can hide the added bulk under a cloth wrap -- and get more bulge, more of a pyramid shape to his body. I think this could work, at least I can visualize it now.

The gun belts will likely need to have catches or snaps added because you'll only have less than half the velcro to use once you get him girthy. But that's an easy fix and behind him.

I want to move all the badges on mine too -- for some reason my OCD is bothered by their position. That Star too.

I also want to add a little spark plug to his chains for fun.

Is anyone planning to touch up the face mask too?

Yes, but if you focus on fattening up the lower portion, you can hide the added bulk under a cloth wrap -- and get more bulge, more of a pyramid shape to his body. I think this could work, at least I can visualize it now.

The gun belts will likely need to have catches or snaps added because you'll only have less than half the velcro to use once you get him girthy. But that's an easy fix and behind him.

I want to move all the badges on mine too -- for some reason my OCD is bothered by their position. That Star too.

I am definitely doing a repaint of the mask

I guess a body swap is totally out becuae of the boils on his back…

It will be fun trying to figure it out.
I plan on touching up the mask. The teeth bother me the most. They need to stand out more. Some more bone white. There also needs to be more silver on the metal trim on top. It all just kind of blends together. Its personality gets lost.

Joe has arrived!

I took a very quick look and he looks gruesomely great! I want to first work on my Furiosa figure before moving to Joe but I think that Premier Toys really did a fantastic job on this one.

Can't wait to take him out of the box and set him up on display with Max and Furiosa.

Back