1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha well I for one appreciate your persistence
Just wanted to update you- based on the most recent live stream, InArt seem to have stated they're probably doing the Justice League suit and not the BvS one. So just wanted to clue you in on what to expect now. I've also went back and edited my original post (y)

That really sucks. The Justice League Batman cowl looked so awkward, but the BvS cowl looked perfect from every angle.

That really sucks. The Justice League Batman cowl looked so awkward, but the BvS cowl looked perfect from every angle.
Yea and it was definitely more visibly awkward in Josstice League. I liked the look of it more in ZSJL, but it’s not like we’ll have that lighting etc in our display cases to make it look the same. The BvS one just looked good on it’s own.

Just wanted to update you- based on the most recent live stream, InArt seem to have stated they're probably doing the Justice League suit and not the BvS one. So just wanted to clue you in on what to expect now. I've also went back and edited my original post (y)
batman-justice-league.gif

My one and only grail. Hopefully they'll also do the more dark grey/ almost black colour rather then the blueish shine this suit has in the movie.

The overall suit with the cowl looks incredible

236480986_1681539185383608_2078017662001149479_n.jpg
twitter_69ea23821e0663e1dcb868c9c7aa3ec6.jpeg
tumblr_0787fa07ac520fc4c29f1e273f31d6de_94ce7b48_640.jpg

but in other shots, the neck looks absolutely horrendous.
7898276D-4980-4496-AF44-1A195ADDBA54.jpeg
Justice-League-Batman-poster-1.jpg

How are these even the same cowl lol

One of my favorite shots of this suit is funnily enough from Josstice League
Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 20.32.33.png

Bring it baby.

I always thought that head on the Justice League suit looked like a skate egg sitting on Batman’s shoulders.
C7E95871-C2D9-4E32-9975-7C06817CBCA7.jpeg

In other news, is Hot Toys giving up on DC? I have to imagine The Batman figure sold a lot of PO’s but they haven’t touched the property since. Seems like they would have had a Catwoman and Riddler, maybe a Gordon ready to go. All I can think is it’s a situation similar to Star Wars before The Mandalorian where recent DC property stuff didn’t sell well similar to the sequel films so they didn’t put much investment in getting prototypes ready before the movies release and they must be scrambling to do it behind the scenes now.

I always thought that head on the Justice League suit looked like a skate egg sitting on Batman’s shoulders.
View attachment 596055

In other news, is Hot Toys giving up on DC? I have to imagine The Batman figure sold a lot of PO’s but they haven’t touched the property since. Seems like they would have had a Catwoman and Riddler, maybe a Gordon ready to go. All I can think is it’s a situation similar to Star Wars before The Mandalorian where recent DC property stuff didn’t sell well similar to the sequel films so they didn’t put much investment in getting prototypes ready before the movies release and they must be scrambling to do it behind the scenes now.
View attachment 596055

Wtf is that thing, did it spawn from hell?

Thanks for thinking of me man, I appreciate it!
As long as they somehow perfect a flexible suit that also has the same sculpted detail as the film version, I'm open to a ZSJL version. There are some sick shots of that suit in ZSJL. I just prefer the cowl of BvS and the lack of visible pads.

Last edited:
Does that mean JL Supes and Wonder Woman then? Maybe a two pack on Superman with both black and blue suits.

They legit need to make some announcements now and drop some stuff for preorder. I hate it when they make preorders drop YEARS after oboes have come out and the ship has sailed.
They need to time shipping dates better with the actual titles of the product

Does that mean JL Supes and Wonder Woman then? Maybe a two pack on Superman with both black and blue suits.
Idk for sure, but they mentioned there will be more JL figures and previously said they really liked ZSJL. Take that for what you will. Anything can change though. I personally don’t want a black suit Superman but I get the appeal. I’m hoping there is a hero and alter ego set for the Trinity at least l similar to what they’ve done with The Batman release.

Ok… so let say Henry Cavill does in fact appear in the after credits scene of Black Adam. What are the chances Hot Toys will do a new Superman figure based on a brief after credits scene appearance???

I don't think Hot Toys have made a figure for post credits even for Marvel so I'd say very unlikely.

At this point I think InArt offering either BvS Superman or both classic and black suits for JL Superman is the best hope at an updated Cavill Superman. I really hope they offer classic blue & red. Since the work on the suit itself is done it would seem like an easy way to please fans of both (and get some buying both).

I'm actually hoping the recent news that it's JL is correct. I prefer the JL batsuit overall (better cowl and a tad less bulky IMO) and I preferred the brighter blue of the Superman suit and Cavill's hair not being as slicked back as it was in BvS. So, as long as they offer classic suit and not just black, I'd consider the switch a win for me.

Aquaman I'd prefer his solo look as it's more comics accurate (Flash as well from the looks of it) but InArt haven't said anything on those yet.

Last edited:
Is a Margot Robbie Harley Quinn in InArt's plan? I keep forgetting to save that list and then can't find it. Seem to remember Black Adam was on it.

Back