1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wonder though if this has more to do with DC/WB rather than Hot Toys.
From what Joost was saying in a video, DC need to check and approve the whole way along the development process. Perhaps they are just such a pain to work with that Hot Toys keep it to a minimum ??

Only speculation, but perhaps DC gaming division are easier to work with. Hence more in the gaming line ?

I think it's a real testament to DC fandom and to HT's ignoring of that income stream that we have so many third party figures coming. Ocean Master, Knightmare Jokers, Knightmare Flash, King Shark, Polka Dot Man, Martian Manhunter, Superboy, Nightwing, and Batwoman. That's off the top of my head. HT is missing out on a lot of my money, but kudos to the little guys for getting some cool **** to us fans.

If I was a big fan of the CW Flash show (the first season was okay I but dropped out after that) I’d be like:

DECBA15D-8DBF-4866-BE0D-9F770085BE24.jpeg

On the other hand I do trust that the ZSJL Batman/Superman two-pack and Cyborg will be top quality. Especially Cyborg.

I think it's a real testament to DC fandom and to HT's ignoring of that income stream that we have so many third party figures coming. Ocean Master, Knightmare Jokers, Knightmare Flash, King Shark, Polka Dot Man, Martian Manhunter, Superboy, Nightwing, and Batwoman. That's off the top of my head. HT is missing out on a lot of my money, but kudos to the little guys for getting some cool **** to us fans.
I'd certainly have a little chuckle if DC are indeed a pain to work with (which I could totally believe considering their abysmal marketing team and top management pettiness towards Zack Snyder etc), and if Howard called his 3rd party contacts in the 1/6 HK figure manufacturing community and said, DC is all yours guys. Go for it !!! :rotfl

I'd certainly have a little chuckle if DC are indeed a pain to work with (which I could totally believe considering their abysmal marketing team and top management pettiness towards Zack Snyder etc), and if Howard called his 3rd party contacts in the 1/6 HK figure manufacturing community and said, DC is all yours guys. Go for it !!! :rotfl
I think 3rd party got the message loud and clear lol. Funny to see that there is a handul of DC figures ready for release that are due now - Golden WW, Batgirl, Harley Caution Tape Version, reg Harley BoP.

If dc is that hard to work with then no wonder they are so behind on everything. I wonder who are the idiots that run things there. It’s like a hive mind of poor decisions

If dc is that hard to work with then no wonder they are so behind on everything. I wonder who are the idiots that run things there. It’s like a hive mind of poor decisions
Others would say it's a Clusterf##k over there at Warner Bros. :rotfl

But with a bit of luck Zaslav will clean house there and start with fresh minded people from Discovery. Not saying there aren't excellent people down the chain. Im sure there are. But often it's lead by example and the other direct reports follow. If that example is crap, then......here we are.....

Info off of FB:

8 figure has an announced release before end of Q3/2021.
4 months and 25 days too late:

• Pennywise MMS555 (currently 806 days between announcement and release)
1 month and 25 days too late:
  • Harley Quinn Birds Of Prey MMS565 (currently 658 days between announcement and release)
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales MMS567 (currently 637 days between announcement and release)
  • Harley Quinn Birds Of Prey Caution Tape Jacket Version MMS566 (currently 625 days between announcement and release)
  • Batgirl VGM40 (currently 622 days between announcement and release)
  • Golden Armor Wonder Woman MMS577 (currently 552 days between announcement and release)
  • Golden Armor Wonder Woman Deluxe Version MMS578 (currently 552 days between announcement and release)
  • Loki Endgame MMS579 (currently 525 days between announcement and release)

Literally HT has the entire DC games they can make figures of. Like more Arkhamverse Batman, and characters that includeds, Gotham Knights figures as well, and now Suicide Squad. But I think we won't see any of these be done because of that stupid no guns policy DC and Warner are pushing.

Literally HT has the entire DC games they can make figures of. Like more Arkhamverse Batman, and characters that includeds, Gotham Knights figures as well, and now Suicide Squad. But I think we won't see any of these be done because of that stupid no guns policy DC and Warner are pushing.

Best I can see, I don’t think that policy is in effect for adult 1/6 action figure collectibles versus children toys, though. The Hot Toys ZSJL Knightmare Batman/Black Suit Superman two-pack features a reissue of a Batman that comes with accessories of an assault rifle and pistol.

579DFE88-0766-4F34-B57F-96E9DB875661.png

This would seem to make it all the more baffling. But I have to wonder if then, same as there is a hold on development of new projects for DC at WB, HT is also waiting until Discovery completes it’s acquisition of WB in May. That would make more sense to me than the explanation that there’s a no guns policy (for adult market high end collectibles).

Come to think of it is this somehow less violent than using a gun? But anyway…

50966032-626D-4CEC-A4FE-19C99B9AC6C2.gif

Come to think of it is this somehow less violent than using a gun? But anyway…

View attachment 548497
That is what I'm thinking how is guns any worse then stabbing or snapping necks. Hopefully this whole gun ban doesn't keep us from getting some decent releases we definitley aren't getting any The Suicide Squad figure.

Best I can see, I don’t think that policy is in effect for adult 1/6 action figure collectibles versus children toys, though. The Hot Toys ZSJL Knightmare Batman/Black Suit Superman two-pack features a reissue of a Batman that comes with accessories of an assault rifle and pistol.

View attachment 548496

This would seem to make it all the more baffling. But I have to wonder if then, same as there is a hold on development of new projects for DC at WB, HT is also waiting until Discovery completes it’s acquisition of WB in May. That would make more sense to me than the explanation that there’s a no guns policy (for adult market high end collectibles).
Just looking at the picture. God I can't wait to get this set !!

That Batgirl should have been released by now. Coolest of the DC bunch yet to be released. We can't even get the Nightwing PO they have been showing off at most of their conventions this year.

From FB. All that's on the docket for DC:

263300952_10209361103901614_2917363576432330221_n.jpg

262798865_10209361103141595_5142343015097930200_n.jpg
Thanks Matticus. I guess when there is jack $h*t from DC on order, the delays are also minimal.

That said, I can remember the days when it was "extra ordinary" when Hot Toys had one figure delayed. Hulkbuster or Drax are probably the only ones that readily come to mind. Oh how things have gone downhill since then....

Batgirl must be close to a two and a half year wait now. All the more frustrating when they keep releasing Spider-Man and Star Wars figures upto a year ahead of schedule.

Not suggesting they have to stick precisely to the release schedule but its getting ridiculous now. HT treat DC and DC collectors with utter contempt.

Back