1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I'm not wasting my time reading their posts. Scroll on by......
I-couldnt-resist-GIF.gif

I'm watching Kate on Netflix, i like to think that this is the Huntress from the DCEU multiverse.
Cool film, amazing actress !

The general discourse in this thread is a testament to how little interest Hot Toys has in DC in general.
We all seem to know that there isn’t really anything to discuss because the relationship between Hot Toys and DC is literally in its death throes.
Joker makes over a billion dollars and is nominated for all of the major Academy Awards and wins best actor…how many Hot Toys are there of a best actor winning performance?
Hot Toys doesn’t touch it with a ten foot pole. Normally I would say it came down to likeness rights with the actor, but we know that’s not the case based upon the statue.

With that detailed response I'm going by 2 key Hot Toys traits.

1). DC is generally lowest on their priority
2). They typically do not pay any attention to anniversaries, studio events or anything like that.

Movie releases are their only real target.

But I could be wrong. Their 3rd trait is that Hot Toys are extremely unpredictable.

The Joker didn't even feel like a comic book movie to me. It was more of a social commentary flick. Remove the comic book names and references, it is somewhat a version of Falling Down but with a clown. It didn't even give me a desire to own any type of collectible for it.

The Joker didn't even feel like a comic book movie to me. It was more of a social commentary flick. Remove the comic book names and references, it is somewhat a version of Falling Down but with a clown. It didn't even give me a desire to own any type of collectible for it.
Me neither, but you would think over a billion dollars in box office receipts and the name recognition of “The Joker” would have prompted Hot Toys to try to cash in…what other criteria are really required…? Movie makes a ton of money, movie is nominated for all of the big awards, movie features one of the most popular characters in pop culture…if DC doesn’t take that bait we have no reason to believe that they have any interest in DC whatsoever.

Me neither, but you would think over a billion dollars in box office receipts and the name recognition of “The Joker” would have prompted Hot Toys to try to cash in…what other criteria are really required…? Movie makes a ton of money, movie is nominated for all of the big awards, movie features one of the most popular characters in pop culture…if DC doesn’t take that bait we have no reason to believe that they have any interest in DC whatsoever.
Or maybe Hot Toys has an inkling not a lot of collectors will buy toys from the movie? Actually, were there any decent or high end action figures made for the movie even?

It's sad how the situation is for the DC 1/6 side is. I had high hopes for more HT The Suicide Squad stuff but my hopes for it has been greatly diminished. I wonder if they're also gauging interest based on the preorders of King Shark. I normally don't get emails from retailers that the deadline for a 1/6 HT is fast approaching but I did for King Shark.

Or maybe Hot Toys has an inkling not a lot of collectors will buy toys from the movie? Actually, were there any decent or high end action figures made for the movie even?

It's sad how the situation is for the DC 1/6 side is. I had high hopes for more HT The Suicide Squad stuff but my hopes for it has been greatly diminished. I wonder if they're also gauging interest based on the preorders of King Shark. I normally don't get emails from retailers that the deadline for a 1/6 HT is fast approaching but I did for King Shark.
Blitzway and Prime 1 seemed to think interest was high enough to combine their efforts and recruit KA Kim, in my opinion the best sculptor in the collectibles industry, to make a Joker statue from the film.
With its pedigree and price tag it would be the definition of “high end.”
When it was announced, interest and excitement seemed to be through the roof in the statue threads.
I personally wasn’t looking for figures from this film but I love any Hot Toys figure that Kim has sculpted. This one looks so good that I would have bought a 1/6 figure version without hesitation.

If roles and revenues were reversed I’m sure HT would be in bed with DC. Not how the cookie crumbled.

Back