1/6 Master Team MT010 Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider – Siberia Expedition Outfit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the differences on my computer, nicely done! Very subtle but gives the sculpt some more depth. Did you use airbrush or just regular brush?
Thanks! I used pastels for the most part, which I just brush on. I only used paint on the eyes and eyebrows. I also want to make the hair a lighter brown yet.
I always feel that even just by making the eyes a little bit more realistic, it can add a lot to any sculpt.

Thanks! I used pastels for the most part, which I just brush on. I only used paint on the eyes and eyebrows. I also want to make the hair a lighter brown yet.
I always feel that even just by making the eyes a little bit more realistic, it can add a lot to any sculpt.
Do you put sealer on the sculpt after you’ve added the pastel? Would be a shame if you’re too rough with your figure one day and she suddenly looks like she had a rough night out 😅

makeup GIF

Last edited:
Do you put sealer on the sculpt after you’ve added the pastel? Would be a shame if you’re too rough with your figure one day and she suddenly looks like she had a rough night out 😅

makeup GIF
Not gonna lie, that may have happened to one of my figures before. 😂
I normally seal it with a matte clear coat, but I'm not quite ready to do that yet. I plan on going back in and adding a bit more detail first.
Only the eyes and lips have a clear coat so far.

Did a few things to the sculpt, most of which the camera couldn't pick up of course.
Added more red and browns to the whole sculpt. Repainted the iris's (figure manufacturers, please stop it with the lines in the iris already lol).
Made the lips & eyebrows darker. Also added the scar on her right cheek (camera failed once again). I also gave the entire jacket a black wash coat to darken it up. Probably could've done it an easier way, but oh well, it worked.
I think this might be my favourite figure since Lim's Arthur. Until I get my HT Mando anyways. lol
View attachment 615625
View attachment 615628
You have much skill my friend.

One of the highlights for me is displaying Lara with the ice cleats, but they kept slipping off the boot. I ended up placing a small bead of hot glue only at the center of each boot. It’s just enough to hold in position, but not so much to make it permanent.

Attachments

• 34387AD9-3107-4692-9A78-FB048783AFAB.jpeg
    34387AD9-3107-4692-9A78-FB048783AFAB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 85DA4EF0-FAE3-4B3F-A5B5-259F6AFA90E5.jpeg
    85DA4EF0-FAE3-4B3F-A5B5-259F6AFA90E5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 10B7C1DF-3AB1-445C-AE23-43329E5223DC.jpeg
    10B7C1DF-3AB1-445C-AE23-43329E5223DC.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 0
One of the highlights for me is displaying Lara with the ice cleats, but they kept slipping off the boot. I ended up placing a small bead of hot glue only at the center of each boot. It’s just enough to hold in position, but not so much to make it permanent.
Cool nameplate! I think Im gonba do the same thing to the boots on mine. I can’t imagine doing a photo session with the figure and having to reattach those things every time I slightly change the pose. Its frustrating

@Splinter where did you get the base/name plate?

You have much skill my friend.
Not nearly as skilled as I wish I was. lol Full repaints are still pretty daunting to me.
@Van_Damme — I designed the label art in Adobe Illustrator and printed a color laser copy. I then applied an adhesive acetate overlay on top and attached to the base with double-sided adhesive tape.
Thats a pretty good idea, it looks like it belongs there. I might to have to copy that. 😁
Only thing she needs now is some baking powder over her boots and voila! Snow!

I am wondering though, has anyone attempted to make their own base from scratch yet?
I've been considering creating something with rocks and snow using foam pieces. I might have to go watch some Nerdforge videos first. lol

Awesome work (and thanks!) 😊

Where did you get the base itself from, @Splinter ?
@Van_Damme — It’s a Damtoys “The Wandering Earth” base that I picked up online. I know others that have posted before me had the same idea with this particular base — it’s actually quite perfect for the figure. You can find them parted out on eBay and I believe Blackops had one available the last time I checked.

Thats a pretty good idea, it looks like it belongs there. I might to have to copy that. 😁
Only thing she needs now is some baking powder over her boots and voila! Snow!

@glitch1044 — Thanks. Great idea using baking soda for the frost & snow effects for Lara’s clothing/boots! Especially for controlled detailing AND it’s not permanent!!

I recall baking soda was used by ILM as part of their original snow recipe for the Empire Strikes Back Hoth stop-motion sequences.

Also, I was at Michael’s the other day and picked up a bag of Buffalo Snow Flurries at 70% off. It seems to be perfect for 1:6, though I haven’t popped the bag open yet. Perhaps I’ll use this and the baking soda.

Attachments

• 0D3403FD-9ABD-4228-A38C-7F245AC402E9.jpeg
    0D3403FD-9ABD-4228-A38C-7F245AC402E9.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
@Van_Damme — It’s a Damtoys “The Wandering Earth” base that I picked up online. I know others that have posted before me had the same idea with this particular base — it’s actually quite perfect for the figure. You can find them parted out on eBay and I believe Blackops had one available the last time I checked.

Awesome - thanks so much, @Splinter! :)

For those adventurous enough to customize/create their own, I saw this on eBay - I think it looks fantastic!

1672622413613.png

Just got mine. I think the head sculpt is good but the figure is a bit undersized. I was tempted to use a bigger Tbleague body but the head will appear too small.

Just got mine. I think the head sculpt is good but the figure is a bit undersized. I was tempted to use a bigger Tbleague body but the head will appear too small.
Lara is very small only 1,65cm. The figure scales perfectly with my other figures

I put the clothes and sculpt on an S25 (suntan), and surprisingly they fit. But I think the S24 (pale) might match up a little better in tone.
The only thing is, MT sculpted the ponytail so that it fits over the hood, which makes it stick out farther than it normally would. Makes it look a bit goofy from the side. lol

Attachments

• 20221230_005900.jpg
    20221230_005900.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221230_205647.jpg
    20221230_205647.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221230_205730.jpg
    20221230_205730.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I put the clothes and sculpt on an S25 (suntan), and surprisingly they fit. But I think the S24 (pale) might match up a little better in tone.
The only thing is, MT sculpted the ponytail so that it fits over the hood, which makes it stick out farther than it normally would. Makes it look a bit goofy from the side. lol
That body matches her proportions quite nicely.

Last edited:
That body fits her proportions quite nicely.
I think the S17/16 might work well too, if one was looking to give her a more muscular tone.
I swapped back to the original body though, I rarely use seamless bodies when all of the joints are covered.
I'm thinking of trying the new Worldbox body for her yet. It says it's 26cm (10 inches), which is the same height as the MT body. :unsure:

Attachments

• worldbox.png
    worldbox.png
    676.9 KB · Views: 0
Back