1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incorrect hair futzing...

img-370992009-l-1046241835.jpg

I have 4 robes to soak. Luke Anakin Obi and Qui Gon. I need to get to work
You should hand wash all your Jedi robes to prevent any staining on your figure. You’ll be surprised at how much excess dye actually comes out of them. I hand wash in medium warm to hot water with about half a shot glass full of laundry detergent mixed with a little bit of table salt.

Should I wash the body and oil the joints?
If you’ve got squeaky joints, a little bit of silicone shock oil works on plastics. I use it mostly on transformers, but I’ve occasionally also used it on 1/6 stuff to loosen up some super tight and squeaky joints. Just have to be aware that a little goes a really long way. It can be very easy to over do it and turn a tight or frozen joint into a floppy, loose joint.

If you’ve got squeaky joints, a little bit of silicone shock oil works on plastics. I use it mostly on transformers, but I’ve occasionally also used it on 1/6 stuff to loosen up some super tight and squeaky joints. Just have to be aware that a little goes a really long way. It can be very easy to over do it and turn a tight or frozen joint into a floppy, loose joint.
A little hesitant with that approach because the oil can get on the clothing material and ruin it

A little hesitant with that approach because the oil can get on the clothing material and ruin it
I tend to let the oil set in the joint a little, move it back and forth to get the oil in, then go back over with a napkin to clean up any excess. Do that a few times and you should be good to go. I haven't had any issues with oil getting on clothing. It's more about patience and not redressing the figure right away.

Which hair product for rooted sculpts? I usually use gel to shape and hair spray to hold.
I worry with hair product that over time it will leave some residue or make the hair stiff

Is hair product really a good idea on these figures 🤔🤔

I worry with hair product that over time it will leave some residue or make the hair stiff

You should be fine, of course it will leave some residue just like it does with your hair. But it's not noticeable and will go away in a day or two while the hair still sticks. Just avoid spraying too much

Though I have also left some of my rooted hair alone and just style them with a bit of water and they're still fine in place. Rooted hair is really not as bad of a nightmare as some people make it out to be (as long as it is done well of course)

I used a small amount of some hair putty/paste to fix the hair on my Leonidas helmet that was all out of wack and I've had no residue issues. I think the key is to use a very, very small amount and build up as needed rather than going heavy handed on the first go.

I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Hando. I believe in taking care of my 1/6 jokor dolls. In the morning, if my jokor clothes are a little puffy, I’ll soak them in water and leave them to dry. After the clothes are done I treat the hair with a water activated gel cleanser, then I use a deep pore cleanser lotion and an exfoliating gel and a honey almond body scrub on the joints to loosen them and stop them from squeeking.. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of the accessories.. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries the jokors face paint and makes it look caked on. There is an idea of a jokor doll. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real jokor. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though you can shake its hand and feel plastic gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our jokor dolls are comparable, my jokor is simply better then yours.

IMG_20221021_061518.png

I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Hando. I believe in taking care of my 1/6 jokor dolls. In the morning, if my jokor clothes are a little puffy, I’ll soak them in water and leave them to dry. After the clothes are done I treat the hair with a water activated gel cleanser, then I use a deep pore cleanser lotion and an exfoliating gel and a honey almond body scrub on the joints to loosen them and stop them from squeeking.. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of the accessories.. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries the jokors face paint and makes it look caked on. There is an idea of a jokor doll. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real jokor. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though you can shake its hand and feel plastic gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our jokor dolls are comparable, my jokor is simply better then yours.

View attachment 603828
545.png

Out of curiosity, what happened with the organizer? Is that the one where someone got their order cancelled because he asked why his hadn’t shipped?

The organizer just didn’t give a damn about it, feedback to Yunsil for adjustments etc etc, in my humble opinion. Resulted in a really sub par clothing set.

What will my Joker's wear while waiting for their clothes to dry? :rolleyes:

You actually water treat the clothes whilst on the figure so all good. 😂👍🏻

Just use a water based natural hair wax/beeswax. And the TINIEST amount when your fingers are wet. Nothing to worry about.

Back