1/6 Hot Toys - Zack Snyder's Justice League - Batman (Tactical Batsuit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you mention it to him? He's replaced two of mine for minor things with no issues.
i didn't mate no ,

i didn't think there was much point as what he sent me was what i assume comes out of his moulds
so i figured they would all be the same slightly undersized version

and i wasn't feeling up to the back and forth over the whole recast shrinkage issue

he seems a nice guy and i didn't want to offend him with my baseless assumptions

did the problems he resolved for you include heads being too small and was he able to provide you with correctly sized heads as a solution, as id be greatly interested in doing that (y)

i didn't mate no ,

i didn't think there was much point as what he sent me was what i assume comes out of his moulds
so i figured they would all be the same slightly undersized version

and i wasn't feeling up to the back and forth over the whole recast shrinkage issue

he seems a nice guy and i didn't want to offend him with my baseless assumptions

did the problems he resolved for you include heads being too small and was he able to provide you with correctly sized heads as a solution, as id be greatly interested in doing that (y)
No, one was the ear was damaged and the other I didn't like the sculpt in hand so swapped it for another version.

No, one was the ear was damaged and the other I didn't like the sculpt in hand so swapped it for another version.
oh okay glad it worked out okay for you (y)

do you consider the sculpts he provided you with to be undersized when fitted on the bvs batman figure

or am i perhaps receiving a later generation sculpt from a newer incrementally smaller mould due to making new moulds from a recast of a recast :confused:

i can live with it i guess but dont enjoy owning it as much as i hoped i would

oh okay glad it worked out okay for you (y)

do you consider the sculpts he provided you with to be undersized when fitted on the bvs batman figure

or am i perhaps receiving a later generation sculpt from a newer incrementally smaller mould due to making new moulds from a recast of a recast :confused:

i can live with it i guess but dont enjoy owning it as much as i hoped i would
I would say they look fine
PXL_20230503_123043217.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230706_154531273.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Ok guys went ahead and attempted a “neck mod” let me know if it turned out ok or if I need to start over or quit while I’m ahead. For what it’s worth, the difference seems more pronounced with the naked eye than in my pics.

Anyway, here are a couple before and afters:

Attachments

• 1A86A63C-2664-4DD1-8E44-34DB40EFB210.jpeg
    1A86A63C-2664-4DD1-8E44-34DB40EFB210.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 16FEF559-0C0A-4B3C-B451-5CCB1E472669.jpeg
    16FEF559-0C0A-4B3C-B451-5CCB1E472669.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • F98BAF0A-740A-4718-AF28-FA037FBE0835.jpeg
    F98BAF0A-740A-4718-AF28-FA037FBE0835.jpeg
    818.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2FCE1422-516D-4FF6-A27E-E7A983E27265.jpeg
    2FCE1422-516D-4FF6-A27E-E7A983E27265.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As a guy who missed out on this the first time, I am still really happy that HT produced this version!

Attachments

• 288D7BCD-A305-4186-9707-CAC0A9C549D3.jpeg
    288D7BCD-A305-4186-9707-CAC0A9C549D3.jpeg
    661.7 KB · Views: 0
  • B9DC8AF1-C75E-41A4-ADB8-F17333FB5E13.jpeg
    B9DC8AF1-C75E-41A4-ADB8-F17333FB5E13.jpeg
    751 KB · Views: 0
  • 62BF45C5-8AC2-4143-B9B6-AB31D038D7F6.jpeg
    62BF45C5-8AC2-4143-B9B6-AB31D038D7F6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Ok guys went ahead and attempted a “neck mod” let me know if it turned out ok or if I need to start over or quit while I’m ahead. For what it’s worth, the difference seems more pronounced with the naked eye than in my pics.

Looks much better. It does look like you've pushed the cowl down too far onto his body though.

Looks much better. It does look like you've pushed the cowl down too far onto his body though.
Thanks

Yeah I may have it too far down bk I was tilting his head down to sort of get the same angle that I saw in a picture of the figure.

Another issue (I read about in this forum) is that it seems that the chest armor on this version is higher than it is on the prior release so the bottom of the cowl is more likely to touch the bat symbol.

So I raised his head so that much less of the Bat Symbol is covered, he does look better this way, thanks.

I find that by making his neck a little thicker it gives him an overall more menacing look, sort of like with the BvS cowl …

Attachments

• 3AE37FD7-90EA-4671-986D-41D61234A114.jpeg
    3AE37FD7-90EA-4671-986D-41D61234A114.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DE76F67B-6279-4557-A9F3-242B7DB1B53F.jpeg
    DE76F67B-6279-4557-A9F3-242B7DB1B53F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks

Yeah I may have it too far down bk I was tilting his head down to sort of get the same angle that I saw in a picture of the figure.

Another issue (I read about in this forum) is that it seems that the chest armor on this version is higher than it is on the prior release so the bottom of the cowl is more likely to touch the bat symbol.

So I raised his head so that much less of the Bat Symbol is covered, he does look better this way, thanks.

I find that by making his neck a little thicker it gives him an overall more menacing look, sort of like with the BvS cowl …
It's definitely an improvement. I don't know about the chest height in these. I do know on the standard JL version the bat symbol is stupidly low. The more I see it the more I hate it.

It's definitely an improvement. I don't know about the chest height in these. I do know on the standard JL version the bat symbol is stupidly low. The more I see it the more I hate it.
Maybe they were correcting for that with this release.

Overall this is a really great figure. There is so much detail in this costume and the armor looks fantastic. The only thing I would change on him is I would make his thighs a bit slimmer.

This one of my favorite figures, Love It!

Maybe they were correcting for that with this release.

Overall this is a really great figure. There is so much detail in this costume and the armor looks fantastic. The only thing I would change on him is I would make his thighs a bit slimmer.

This one of my favorite figures, Love It!
The thighs are way too big. I swapped the bodies between mine.

Yeah, that’s an improvement!
If you choose to keep working on it, I’d say this:
I perceive the thickness is starting on the red section.
It should start and at the same time, be even a bit thicker on the green ara, not above.
It can be easily done as long as you warm up the cowl first… (if I remember correctly, when I worked on mine, after warming it up to the point where it felt soft and moldeable, I stretched it a bit with my fingers on the areas/angles that I thought needed to be thicker, then inserted the regular/unmodded connector to see and measure how much space there was… based on that, I thickened the connector…)
If the cowl is warmed, it shouldn’t suffer any damages…
IMG_1451.jpeg

You see the yellow areas, almost at the bottom that’s where the thickness makes the difference
IMG_1451.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s an improvement!
If you choose to keep working on it, I’d say this:
I perceive the thickness is starting on the red section.
It should start and at the same time, be even a bit thicker on the green ara, not above.
It can be easily done as long as you warm up the cowl first… (if I remember correctly, when I worked on mine, after warming it up to the point where it felt soft and moldeable, I stretched it a bit with my fingers on the areas/angles that I thought needed to be thicker, then inserted the regular/unmodded connector to see and measure how much space there was… based on that, I thickened the connector…)
If the cowl is warmed, it shouldn’t suffer any damages…
View attachment 674805

You see the yellow areas, almost at the bottom that’s where the thickness makes the difference
View attachment 674806
Yes I see what you mean and I agree. When looking at my pics I also thought that it was too thick at the top of the neck (the red area). I’ll give it another try later this week …thanks!

Attachments

• 9BAEA8DE-E432-4552-8E10-80E5E44FC96E.jpeg
    9BAEA8DE-E432-4552-8E10-80E5E44FC96E.jpeg
    873 KB · Views: 0
  • DEF41983-8E65-4015-ABFA-5D1FA0467EB4.jpeg
    DEF41983-8E65-4015-ABFA-5D1FA0467EB4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Hahaha I couldn’t wait for the weekend to tinker with it a bit. I think this is a bit better than my last attempt …
The proportions of the face look a lot better there, nice work.
After that, it’s a matter of preference if you want to keep adding thickness to the lower sides of the connector.

Fair enough.
I contacted the original sculptors before I went this route. Granted there have never been any left when I have.
I'm no angel. I've broken the speed limit before and I've watched some pirated movies before.
Buying a few recast figureheads is something I can live with.
I also think most folks can't be faulted for buying a blank sculpt on eBay or Ali Express. Not everyone is on social media to contact the artists for the sculpts and/or not everyone even knows who these custom sculptors are to then find them on social media. And, even if you do, like what happened to T8OO, you're probably too late to even get on board b/c they're so "limited." I tend to try to be in the know for the custom world and there are still random sculptors and tailors I stumble upon that I've never heard of but are somehow "big" in the custom world that all the main guys know about. Then, it's another challenge at times to figure out how to even get on one of their runs. It's more of happen stance that I randomly stumble on an image on IG to then think "oh that's where that sculpt came from, too late now :dunno " :lol

Last edited:
Back