1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already got the JND piece which won't be beaten at all, obviously. But I just don't see how people aren't liking this. Very well executed, great sculpt and paint when hair is futzed and even more so with helmet on, fantastic presence. Can't wait to get this in.

Based on Jedha's review I actually think this sculpt is far superior to the JND. That one has always looked a bit weird and off to me for some reason, although I realize I'm in the minority on that.
I agree with you on that as well, Dave.
But only the face, the hair part is way better on the JND version of course, with very different materials and individually punched hair.

The figure is beautiful and her hair looks great in most videos too.
If i didn’t get Queen Studios statue of the golden armour i would pick up the HT.

I just don’t understand why they would do eyes to the side with this one. I haven’t watched any reviews but doesn’t it look a bit daft with the helmet on?

I just don’t understand why they would do eyes to the side with this one. I haven’t watched any reviews but doesn’t it look a bit daft with the helmet on?
It's b/c the two main posters for the film of her in the golden armor w/o the helmet on have her looking to the side.

Just like how HT practically copied the angry, teethy, mouth open expression of Zod from the ONE Empire magazine image since that was the main image floating around for Zod at the time, instead of giving us a more stern but neutral expression with the mouth closed.

Nothing about this figure looks 'daft'. It's one of the best HT has ever made and the bloggers should be fired for creating pandemonium.

I miss the OMG days. Figure/Nice poses/black background.

WTS I owe HT a apology (something I never do), for saying they should be ashamed of this figure the night the blogger photos were released.

Nothing about this figure looks 'daft'. It's one of the best HT has ever made and the bloggers should be fired for creating pandemonium.

I miss the OMG days. Figure/Nice poses/black background.

WTS I owe HT a apology (something I never do), for saying they should be ashamed of this figure the night the blogger photos were released.
Poor choice of word sorry yes it does look extraordinary, I just would have preferred straight on eyes with a helmet of that design. Tiny tiny tiny tiny critique lol.

5D52BFF0-AA4E-40E5-9E28-8615378778D6.jpeg

^Fair enough but also may have caused dead stare. I take it as she's looking up to take flight with a little gleam. Probably won't bother you as much with the entire package in front of your eye's - all of that beautiful gold and all.

The expression doesn't really look too far off from this, except for her mouth being more open. And honestly with the lack of posability in the torso, you're not going to be putting this in many super dynamic poses anyway, so this at least helps give a bit more life to the figure.

EcTX8YuXQAALxbU.jpg

The expression doesn't really look too far off from this, except for her mouth being more open. And honestly with the lack of posability in the torso, you're not going to be putting this in many super dynamic poses anyway, so this at least helps give a bit more life to the figure.

View attachment 554427
Agreed, 99% of HT just look straight on, and the other WW84 figure has that, i like that this gold one offers somethings different.

I wonder if the likeness would be that much better if HT ever made a 1:4 Gal Gadot Wonder Woman. As far a 1:4 body, that would be a large seamless body where some new material would have to be developed.

I'm so so tempted to get this! Got my finger on the purchase button for the deluxe... I heard there is a certain tutorial where it explains how you can style her hair in order to look better? If anyone knows where I can watch that it'd be a great help so thanks in advance!

My only gripes are the eyes looking to the side and also that they didn't remove the non functional LED slots in the base, it comes across as a bit lazy on HT's part but it's a minor thing. Other than that, this thing is freaking glorious. Those massive open wings are to die for.

I'm so so tempted to get this! Got my finger on the purchase button for the deluxe... I heard there is a certain tutorial where it explains how you can style her hair in order to look better? If anyone knows where I can watch that it'd be a great help so thanks in advance!

My only gripes are the eyes looking to the side and also that they didn't remove the non functional LED slots in the base, it comes across as a bit lazy on HT's part but it's a minor thing. Other than that, this thing is freaking glorious. Those massive open wings are to die for.

I'd say get it, especially if you're going deluxe. No idea how many of these they made, but if this proves popular and sells out the aftermarket prices are going to be extremely high. One-time armour variant that likely won't appear unless in a Kingdom Come storyline, well executed and best sculpt to date, shiny shiny armour. Don't miss out on it!

Last edited:
Based on Jedha's review I actually think this sculpt is far superior to the JND. That one has always looked a bit weird and off to me for some reason, although I realize I'm in the minority on that.

A few people probably think that. I can vehemently say with mine on hand that JND's is, for me at least, in the 95-100% spot on Gadot likeness. I think this sculpt is great also, but not quite the same, but it's definitely high up there with it. I really don't understand the earlier impressions of the release as to people thinking the sculpt had changed or didn't look like her.

Are you getting both editions?

I'd say get it, especially if you're going deluxe. No idea how many of these they made, but if this proves popular and sells out the aftermarket prices are going to be extremely high. One-time armour variant that likely won't appear unless in a Kingdom Come storyline, well executed and best sculpt to date, shiny shiny armour. Don't miss out on it!

Thank you so much for the video and the input! Definitely going dlx. I was worried first that it didn't fit in the detolf but I realized I can just as well take it to my office and display it there, fully spread wings in all their glory. Have no interest in the movie whatsoever and don't own any DC figures any longer but the look of this armor is just stunning. I never thought Hot Toys would ever make something like it. It's like midas Iron Man on steroids (which I'm also considering picking up). The JND WW statue now resells for 7-8k dollars on eBay.. Heck, I'm going for it. I can't miss out on this!

View attachment 554427
Nice find. Might be better to do this with the hair rather than stick it out the back between the wings like Jedha did.

Back