1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can never win. There will always be people who complain rooted or sculpted. Personally I prefer sculpted but I get that it will affect articulation with that hair style.

Perhaps provide both rooted/sculpted heads or give an option?

It will add to the expense of the figure but perhaps it will alleviate the debate of which is better.

I noticed some third party figures include both rooted/sculpted heads.

If you add rooted and sculpted hair you?re increasing the price and increasing the time to make the figures. People already complain about prices and timeframes, you ain?t getting two heads and even if you did people would find something else to complain about.

Rooted hair really isn’t that bad if you aren’t afraid to style it a bit. I haven’t seen a single figure with long sculpted hair that doesn’t look cheap or that doesn’t limit articulation. If anyone needs help styling I can give you some tips :wave

Love the headsculpt!!! And i prefer it with rooted hair. I don?t understand how some collectors will literally cut pieces of a figure to mod them or repaint them but absolutely REFUSE to style the hair. Is it not manly enough for them? Sculpted hair looks good on short haired characters but I prefer rooted for longer haired ones. I always style it with some water and gel and the result looks pretty good if you take some time.

Love the headsculpt!!! And i prefer it with rooted hair. I don?t understand how some collectors will literally cut pieces of a figure to mod them or repaint them but absolutely REFUSE to style the hair. Is it not manly enough for them? Sculpted hair looks good on short haired characters but I prefer rooted for longer haired ones. I always style it with some water and gel and the result looks pretty good if you take some time.
I know. Get past your hangups and appreciate the styling possibilities you have with rooted hair. Always complaining about not enough articulation but God forbid we get to play and pose our figure's hair. And for those of you who don't know about hair, watch a YouTube video damnit. I, for one, don't mind calling my figures dolls either. Get over it. You are living in a bygone era with outdated sexist culture.
You like what you like. That's all that matters. Be a man and look in the mirror and say "I like dolls damnit!! So what! Better yet, say it to your entire family at dinner. " I LIKE DOLLS!"...and watch the millenials just roll their eyes. They couldn't care less.

The very 1st time i showed my girlfriend my collection i made a joke about giving her 5 minutes to make fun of my dolls. She was looking them over and said completely serious " i owned dolls, i played with dolls and grew up with dolls, these are not dolls". :lol

I know. Get past your hangups and appreciate the styling possibilities you have with rooted hair. Always complaining about not enough articulation but God forbid we get to play and pose our figure's hair. And for those of you who don't know about hair, watch a YouTube video damnit. I, for one, don't mind calling my figures dolls either. Get over it. You are living in a bygone era with outdated sexist culture.
You like what you like. That's all that matters. Be a man and look in the mirror and say "I like dolls damnit!! So what! Better yet, say it to your entire family at dinner. " I LIKE DOLLS!"...and watch the millenials just roll their eyes. They couldn't care less.

I said it to my dog and he looked at me with such disappointment in his eyes. Every time from then I'd look at him and it would just be this deep internal judgement of shame and disgust. So I had to end up taking him to the vet because I couldn't live my life knowing that my dog knows I like dolls and the shame of it all.

On the brighter side I'm buying a long haired Guinea Pig tomorrow, shame it doesn't come with sculpted hair...

If you are the hairdresser type of course you would never understand why most men have no interest in styling doll hair. You will just need to accept the fact that your type is the minority.

Sculpted hair looks better at these small scales. Hot Toys need to let their sexist attitude that dictates female dolls must have rooted hair whenever possible.

If you are the hairdresser type of course you would never understand why most men have no interest in styling doll hair. You will just need to accept the fact that your type is the minority.

Sculpted hair looks better at these small scales. Hot Toys need to let their sexist attitude that dictates female dolls must have rooted hair whenever possible.

Damn. It's a complex issue this. Are you sexist for wanting rooted hair or sexist for not wanting it?

Rooted hair for long hair styles is where it's heading. Asmus realised this with their Gandalf figure - they sculpted the beard at first and are now bringing out a superior rooted hair version.

Hot Toys doesn't have a sexist attitude that dictates anything, they have a capitalist attitude that dictates all dolls look as photorealistic as possible. Besides, sculpted long hair'd limit the range of articulation.

Last edited:
:lol :lol

Has final product rooted hair improved over the years with Hot Toys? The only one I've ever had is Sarah Connor (or rather T-1000 as Sarah Connor). Very clean, very straight hair - not great but not terrible either.

I think rooted hair is best when it's perfectly done and beautifully styled... but unfortunately that's not what I see when I look at the vast majority of figures out there with their fraying and ratty looking hair, so I can understand those who'd prefer to just see it always sculpted. Even if it does severely limit articulation like we see with Captain Marvel.

I think rooted hair is best when it's perfectly done and beautifully styled... but unfortunately that's not what I see when I look at the vast majority of figures out there with their fraying and ratty looking hair, so I can understand those who'd prefer to just see it always sculpted. Even if it does severely limit articulation like we see with Captain Marvel.

I have no issue with sculpted or rooted hair, both have advantages and disadvantages.
I just want figure lines to be consistent, like if they make the first figure in a line with sculpted hair, then have sculpted hair on the rest of the line. I have the same view on the seamless arms argument.

Damn. It's a complex issue this. Are you sexist for wanting rooted hair or sexist for not wanting it?

Hot Toys is sexist for looking at every opportunity to give the female dolls inferior rooted hair. Why must they subject only female dolls to horrible looking rooted hair when the male dolls get to enjoy the superior sculptured hair? Hot Toys need to treat girl dolls the same as boy dolls. We will never see Thor with horrible looking doll hair thankfully so hopefully Hot Toys will one day leave their caves and bring the female dolls into the current times.

Rooted hair for long hair styles is where it's heading. Asmus realised this with their Gandalf figure - they sculpted the beard at first and are now bringing out a superior rooted hair version.

Hot Toys doesn't have a sexist attitude that dictates anything, they have a capitalist attitude that dictates all dolls look as photorealistic as possible. Besides, sculpted long hair'd limit the range of articulation.

We did get captain marvel with sculpted hair so I don't think we are headed to rooted hair
Asmus lost me as a customer when they went with rooted hair. The rooted hair mixed with sculpted beards are worse looking than just 100% rooted..All the cheap companies and knock off ones like rooted hair. .maybe it's a financial issue.

Rooted/glued hair professionally done is 100 percent better than sculpted, sculpted hair is 80 percent better than mass produced plugged hair.

Back